It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 2:09 am

Greatest Royal Rumble - final card and run time

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Greatest Royal Rumble - final card and run time

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 26, '18, 10:24 pm

- Undertaker vs. Rusev in a Casket Match
- John Cena vs. Triple H
- The Bar vs. Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt for the vacant Raw Tag Team Championship
- Cedric Alexander(c) vs. Kalisto for the Cruiserweight Championship
- The Bludgeon Brothers(c) vs. The Usos for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship
- The Miz vs. Seth Rollins (c) vs. Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe, Ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship
- Jeff Hardy(c) vs. Jinder Mahal for the United States Championship
- AJ Styles(c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship
- Brock Lesnar(c) vs. Roman Reigns, steel cage match for the Universal Championship
- 50-Man Royal Rumble. Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Mark Henry, confirmed to return

Show is scheduled to be 6 hours long. Not sure if this includes the pre show or not. There is also talk of a possible 1-hour intermission to accommodate a prayer hour that falls during the show.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Greatest Royal Rumble - final card and run time

Postby The Legend » Apr 27, '18, 4:55 am

6 hours? six hours? SIX HOURS?!?!

Screw that. I hadn't made up my mind if I'd try to watch it at some point. No thanks, I'll skip this one.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 27, '18, 7:51 am

The Legend wrote:6 hours? six hours? SIX HOURS?!?!

Screw that. I hadn't made up my mind if I'd try to watch it at some point. No thanks, I'll skip this one.

If you watch it after it airs on the network, you can skip through the stuff that you don't care about. I mostly just want to see how they book the Rumble itself and the two world title matches.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 27, '18, 11:32 pm

Yup, I fast-forwarded the matches I didn't care about. Gotta love the Network.

I would say this show ended up being less noteworthy that the news surrounding it was. I mean, both world title matches ended in a double countout. So that should tell you something. It's clear that this was more of a treat to the Saudis with some big names making appearances rather than a standard WWE PPV that advanced any stories. Maybe just check out the Rumble match? Though it was too long and there was too many jobbers and/or nobodies to pad it out. Daniel Bryan had a hell of a performance though, and I'm glad Strowman won. Big moment for him.

Cena/HHH was pretty standard stuff. Good call to put this on first as this kind of match would have been received far less well if it was later in the show. Cena needed the win more after getting squashed by Taker. I skipped the midcard matches. Ladder match was kinda forgettable, it's like nobody wanted to take any major bumps. Taker/Rusev was ok for a Taker showcase match. It was just weird that the opponent was Rusev. Someone like Corbin or Elias would have been a much better fit. Why Rusev?

Reigns/Lesnar just should never have happened. Reigns getting a rematch after Wrestlemania made no sense, having this be a cage match made no sense, having Reigns be the first to try to escape the cage made no sense. I'm glad Lesnar retained at least, though technically Big Dog's feet hit touched the floor first. Guess this means more Lesnar/Roman. Hooray?

How are the Saudis gonna top this next year?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Return to WWE