It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:42 pm

What were the best WWE moments of the past 5 years?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What were the best WWE moments of the past 5 years?

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 22, '18, 1:38 pm

Bryan winning the title at Wrestlemania 30 and The Streak ending are the two that stand out the most to me. Here are some other ones:

- Goldberg squashing Brock at Survivor Series
- Nakamura winning this year's Rumble
- AJ Styles beating Cena clean at Summerslam
- Hardys returning at Wrestlemania

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: What were the best WWE moments of the past 5 years?

Postby Hanley! » Apr 22, '18, 1:43 pm

I'll come up with a list shortly. Does NXT count? That'll make a big difference.

I actually disagree with the Streak ending though, controversial as that may be. The match itself sucked, which meant when the moment finally came it felt flat. I also think that they left it at least a couple of years too late to end the streak. Fans didn't give Brock a prayer of winning, so when he did they were just stunned, and didn't react in a big way like you would have expected.

Lesnar did manage to get a lot of heat out of the win afterwards, and it was still the right decision, but I don't think the moment itself was all that great. Though I didn't watch it live, so that might be colouring my opinion there. I didn't experience the surprise first hand.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Apr 22, '18, 7:08 pm

Brock's match with Cena at SummerSlam is up there as one of those moments. It turned out to be the high point of Brock's run.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby GameDesigner14 » Apr 22, '18, 7:43 pm

Goldberg beating Brock in less than a minute into the match to win the title.
Daniel Bryan wrestling in two matches to win the championship despite Triple H and Stephanie’s attacks after the match at the beginning of the show.
Daniel Bryan being cleared to wrestle again after thinking he would never wrestle again.

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Postby PorkChop » Apr 23, '18, 10:33 am

The rise of Daniel Bryan, culminating in his title win at WrestleMania was the best moment in WWE for the past 5 years, and I don't think I'm exaggerating to say it was one of the best feel-good moments in the history of the company.

The streak ending should be up there, but it isn't. It was a dreadful feud which was terribly booked, and the match was dull. Of all the ways Undertaker's streak should/could have been broken, it was really disappointing to see it end that way. I'd rather the streak be broken than not, but Lesnar was probably the last person who needed it.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 24, '18, 6:33 am

Not watched much of WWE programming but WM30 and Bryan's journey culminating in that entertaining Triple Threat was glorious to watch and invest in. The Streak ending was a best moment in the sense you were glad that all the talk about The Streak was over and everyone could move on - don't disagree with the decision to give Brock the title of the Conqueror at that time. Goldberg's first appearance on RAW was mint

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to WWE