It is currently: May 02, '24, 7:53 pm

Raw and Smackdown results for this week

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Raw and Smackdown results for this week

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 12, '18, 12:20 pm

In case people didn't watch the hyped post-mania shows and want to get caught up on any highlights (so everyone, including me)

Raw 4/9/18:

- Ronda Rousey took down Steph and put the armbar on her on the same arm as Wrestlemania.
- Ember Moon from NXT made her debut and won a tag match with Nix Jax
- No Way Jose from NXT made his debut and beat a jobber.
- Paige announces she cannot compete in the ring anymore due to neck injury
- Bobby Lashley returned and beat up Elias
- The Authors of Pain from NXT debut and beat Rhyno and Slater
- Reigns cuts a promo where he says he found out via the internet that he is having a rematch with Brock (and for some reason he's mad about this). Roman gets interrupted by the returning Samoa Joe, who promises to put Roman to sleep after he gets done with Brock.
- Broken Matt and Bray Wyatt beat Titus Worldwide in a tag match
- Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn talk to Kurt Angle backstage. They want to get hired on Raw. Kurt says "I hear TNA is hiring". He ends up putting them in a match against each other later tonight, with the winner getting a job on Raw. The match ends in a double count-out
- Jeff Hardy returned and won a 6-man tag with Rollins and Balor

Smackdown 4/10/18:

- Shane McMahon makes Paige the next Smackdown GM. She announces AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan for later tonight.
- Usos beat New Day to become #1 contenders for Smackdown tag titles.
- A Charlotte promo is interrupted by Billie Kay and Peyton Royce from NXT. They beat up Charlotte and Carmella cashes in to become the new Smackdown women's champion.
- Orton beats Rusev and Roode in a triple threat match to become #1 contender for Mahal's US title.
- Backstage, Renee asks Shinsuke Nakamura why he attacked Styles at Wrestlemania. He sarcastically says he's sorry and then when asked with a follow-up question says "sorry, no speak Engrish"
- Bryan vs AJ ends with Nakamura interfering and causing a DQ. He low-blows Styles again to close the show.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Raw and Smackdown results for this week

Postby Hanley! » Apr 12, '18, 3:49 pm

The shows felt more uneventful this year. Maybe because none of the best guys in NXT were ready to move up, from a story perspective. Authors of Pain, Ember Moon, No Way Jose and the Iconic Duo don't really match some of the debuts from recent years. Joe's return was pretty cool though, he made Reigns his bitch in that promo. I'd call Joe the best promo in the company at this point.

The Iconic Duo debut was kinda cool, but their team name was already kinda shit and WWE managed to make it 100x worse. The women's title change was probably intended to be a big surprise moment and a treat for the fans, but I'm not at all excited about it because it means one of the company's worst female wrestlers is now champion. Lame.

The coolest thing about the whole week was seeing Styles and Bryan mix it up in the ring. The non-finish was a good idea, as you don't want to use that match up right away. I don't really think it was smart to book this match so soon in general, but that doesn't mean it wasn't cool seeing them in there together.

Also heel Nakamura is looking promising so far. I really hope this works, because Nakamura at his best is great. We just haven't seen a lot of that guy in WWE.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Return to WWE