It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 10:02 am

To my friends in the UK

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

To my friends in the UK

Postby DBSoT » Apr 10, '18, 8:49 am

Does it piss you off that WWE is willing to make a huge event for a country like Saudi Arabia and accommodate the time change? Adding in the fact that Saudi Arabia has bigger political and social issues to deal with. Mostly dealing with the Women not being able to compete.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: To my friends in the UK

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 10, '18, 8:52 am

Not for me. Considering political and sporting life (specifically UK football) is littered with contradictions and questionable business involvement in or from countries with questionable approaches, then not surprised WWE are joining the rest, for a country that is happily bombing the crap out of Yemen with the aid of British military equipment.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Apr 10, '18, 9:01 am

I think we should investigate the word huge in this case. I mean they aren't sending WrestleMania to Saudi Arabia or even SummerSlam or Survivor Series. Yes they are calling it a Royal Rumble and yes they are calling it "greatest", doesn't mean it will be great, important or even all that recognized the rest of the year by WWE. They didn't even say that the winner gets something specific. I doubt many people will recognize it, I doubt many will remember it six months after it happens. Honestly, they are lucky if it reaches the level of those insurrextion PPV's held in England and it will probably be much more like that Rising Sun thing they did in Japan last year. They aren't giving Saudi Arabia a PPV, they are creating a minor Network event for Saudi Arabia.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Apr 10, '18, 9:59 am

The Legend wrote:I think we should investigate the word huge in this case. I mean they aren't sending WrestleMania to Saudi Arabia or even SummerSlam or Survivor Series. Yes they are calling it a Royal Rumble and yes they are calling it "greatest", doesn't mean it will be great, important or even all that recognized the rest of the year by WWE. They didn't even say that the winner gets something specific. I doubt many people will recognize it, I doubt many will remember it six months after it happens. Honestly, they are lucky if it reaches the level of those insurrextion PPV's held in England and it will probably be much more like that Rising Sun thing they did in Japan last year. They aren't giving Saudi Arabia a PPV, they are creating a minor Network event for Saudi Arabia.

It may not be huge to you, but it is definitely huge to them and I'd hardly consider it "minor". This isn't just some house show booking. They are getting a 50-man Royal Rumble, John Cena vs Triple H, the WrestleMania main event all over again, and numerous other title matches (one of which will probably be Styles/Nakamura).

This is a big deal and more than England has gotten in decades.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Apr 10, '18, 12:16 pm

They are getting a 50 man battle royal, not a royal rumble. The winner of the one and only Royal Rumble main events WrestleMania. Until WWE proves otherwise the winner of this battle royal will get nothing more than a handshake and a pat on the back after they go behind the curtain. They are getting a series of title matches (lots of house shows have some title matches by the way), they'll even get a title change when Roman beats Brock because of WWE's stupid booking strategy, but none of the other titles will change hands, nothing will happen. If the WWE proves me wrong by actually showing that they will treat this as if it matters and if they act like it's more than the Rising Sun show they did in Tokyo, I will admit it, but only time will tell with that.

EDIT: I apologize, I keep calling it the Rising Sun, it's actually the Beast in the East show. A show that I'm guessing most WWE fans either never knew existed or forgot about.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE