It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 10:26 am

Possible spoilers for Greatest Royal Rumble

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Possible spoilers for Greatest Royal Rumble

Postby Messiah » Apr 10, '18, 7:14 am

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2018/4/10 ... igns-plans

The decision to have Brock Lesnar retain the Universal Championship at WrestleMania was an audible called by Vince McMahon because Roman Reigns wasn’t getting the reaction he wanted, according to reporting by Jeremy Botter.

Botter confirmed speculation from PW Torch’s Wade Keller that Lesnar’s new deal came out of that decision, and is for as few as two additional dates so Reigns can win the title in Saudi Arabia in front of a more receptive crowd.

Shocker. Better late than never, but it makes me feel like I wasted my time watching WrestleMania anyway.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Possible spoilers for Greatest Royal Rumble

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 10, '18, 7:20 am

I read this online but wasn't sure what the word audible was translated to in this context so they nixed the win for Reigns on the spot.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Apr 10, '18, 8:05 am

The lengths they go to protect Reigns is mad. Can they not just accept that people aren't so keen on him as they are?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby The Legend » Apr 10, '18, 8:09 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:I read this online but wasn't sure what the word audible was translated to in this context so they nixed the win for Reigns on the spot.

Audible is a term that comes out of American football. Typically in football there's a play called in the huddle. Then when the team gets to the line of scrimmage before the play starts the quarterback has an option to change the play call by shouting a command at the team (or audible).

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 10, '18, 8:26 am

PorkChop wrote:The lengths they go to protect Reigns is mad. Can they not just accept that people aren't so keen on him as they are?

Vince really has gone mad if this is the reason. What's he think is going to happen all the other places they go where he's booed the rest of the year? Does he think the fans after 4 years of booing him are going to see Saudi Arabia go nuts and think "damn, maybe they're right, we should accept him".

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Apr 10, '18, 8:36 am

I figured it was fairly obvious that this was why Lesnar won at Mania. Vince will use the footage from Saudi Arabia in every Reigns video package. It still doesn't make the "the is awful" and the dead crowd at Mania any better. Mania has 10x the audience that the "Greatest Royal Rumble" will have, so at the end of the day, this is still a bad decision.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 10, '18, 8:51 am

DBSoT wrote:To my friends in the UK: Does it piss you off that WWE is willing to make a huge event for a country like Saudi Arabia and accommodate the time change? Adding in the fact that Saudi Arabia has bigger political and social issues to deal with. Mostly dealing with the Women not being able to compete.

Not for me. Considering political and sporting life (specifically UK football) is littered with contradictions and questionable business involvement in or from countries with questionable approaches, then not surprised WWE are joining the rest, for a country that is happily bombing the crap out of Yemen with the aid of British military equipment.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to WWE