It is currently: May 11, '24, 8:56 am

Rate WrestleMania /10

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Your score

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
43%
43%
14%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 7

Rate WrestleMania /10

Postby PorkChop » Apr 09, '18, 11:38 am

I haven't watched it, though I heard it was a mixed bag. What are your thoughts?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Rate WrestleMania /10

Postby Messiah » Apr 09, '18, 11:43 am

The first half of the show was probably a 7/10. Higher if Asuka won.

The second half of the show was a 4/10, which may or may not be generous. If you really look into it, Brock/Roman is probably the worst main event of the modern era. Worse than HHH/Jericho and HHH/Orton (and that was not intentional... just saying). Horrible match with horrible winner.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Apr 09, '18, 11:51 am

Was the work bad in the main event, or was it just that the show was too long and the crowd naturally didn't give a fuck?

I did hear that Reigns kicked out of five F5s and that automatically makes me hate it, but I'm still curious.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Apr 09, '18, 11:56 am

Hanley! wrote:Was the work bad in the main event, or was it just that the show was too long and the crowd naturally didn't give a fuck?

I did hear that Reigns kicked out of five F5s and that automatically makes me hate it, but I'm still curious.

The only moves used were F5s (six of them), suplexes, superman punches (a lot), spears, and punches. Not exaggerating. Oh and some shoulder thrusts.

It was so bad that I actually recommend you watch it. It took wrestling psychology and took a colossal shit on it in a way that wasn’t fun.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Messiah » Apr 09, '18, 11:59 am

It wasn’t Reigns’ fault really. Whoever structured that match was drunk and high.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Apr 09, '18, 12:07 pm

Yeah, the booking of that match was head and shoulders the worst booking on a show filled with terrible booking. It was a finisher-fetish fanfest 100x over. It showcased exactly why Brock Lesnar needs to leave WWE and get back to UFC ASAP to save Monday Night RAW.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Apr 09, '18, 12:19 pm

Reigns kicking out of five F5s after nobody else could kick out of one all year is just amazingly stupid too.

That's not just bad wrestling psychology, that's bad psychology in general. They thought this was going to get Reigns over? They obviously don't understand how people work at all.

If nobody ever kicks out of a move and then someone finally does, that can get them over. But it was never really going to work here, because a year ago kicking out of the F5 was commonplace. So when they suddenly started protecting it, fans could see through what they were doing automatically.

But having him kick out of five when nobody else could kick out of one is well into taking the piss territory. It's just highlighting how ridiculously overpushed the guy is. All it could possibly do is make fans resent him more. Hideous idea.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Apr 09, '18, 12:22 pm

I give it a 5. There was some stuff that was really good. There was some stuff that was not good. There was some stuff that was laughably insensible.

As a whole, there was nothing about this WrestleMania I'll remember years down the line. Which is a shame. There hasn't been a really great Mania since 30.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Apr 09, '18, 12:35 pm

Hanley! wrote:Reigns kicking out of five F5s after nobody else could kick out of one all year is just amazingly stupid too.

That's not just bad wrestling psychology, that's bad psychology in general. They thought this was going to get Reigns over? They obviously don't understand how people work at all.

If nobody ever kicks out of a move and then someone finally does, that can get them over. But it was never really going to work here, because a year ago kicking out of the F5 was commonplace. So when they suddenly started protecting it, fans could see through what they were doing automatically.

But having him kick out of five when nobody else could kick out of one is well into taking the piss territory. It's just highlighting how ridiculously overpushed the guy is. All it could possibly do is make fans resent him more. Hideous idea.

The biggest problem is that Roman was never beat down or tired enough that Brock should have ever hit the first three F5's. That's the biggest problem with WWE booking, they've gotten rid of countering and reversing finishers and moves because they want to let the fans see these moves get hit, but that ruins the psychology of it. If instead of kicking our, Roman slides out of the F5 and hits a suplex or something nobody would be able to say anything about it. It gets us to the same place though.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Apr 09, '18, 12:37 pm

For the Show, I'd go 5/10, but in reality, that's 8/10 for all of the wrestlers in non-management positions. 4/10 for wrestlers in management positions and 2/10 for the booking and results of this show.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby DBSoT » Apr 09, '18, 2:00 pm

6/10, but I am being generous. The IC title, SD Women's championship and Rousey matches were all good, but every match after that was a booking nightmare.

The Good:
- Cruiser weight championship match
- IC Title match
- SD Women's Title match
- Angle/Rousey vs Big Nose/Philanthropy Marketing
- Raw Women's Title match - The match wasn't great, but it was short and had a feel good moment

The Decent:
- Styles vs Naka - The match was decent, but I did really like the heel turn
- Women's Battle Royal - At least this battle royal had some story to it with the NXT girls and Bayley/Sasha

The Bad:
- Men's Battle Royal
- US Title match - Jinder, ugh!
- SD Tag Title match - I think the Bludgeon Brothers could be good, but this match was a waste of the two most over Tag Teams on the WWE roster
- Bryan/Shane vs Owens/Zayn match - Terrible booking. Bryan is the story and he spent half the match on the floor.
- Raw Tag Titles match - I don't care how awesome Braun is, a fucking 10 year old won the Raw Tag Titles. Give me a break.

Finally, the main event was a disaster of historic proportions. It looked like they were going for a similar match to Lesnar/Goldberg from last year, but instead we got Lesnar/Goldberg from WM 20. It was just a finisher-fest with no reasoning behind anything. The match sucked, the buildup was bad writing and nobody looks good after this match. I can't wait for tonight when Reigns beats Lesnar for the title and this whole thing becomes a bigger cluster fuck.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 09, '18, 4:32 pm

Hanley! wrote:Was the work bad in the main event, or was it just that the show was too long and the crowd naturally didn't give a fuck?

I don't think the show length was that much of a problem this time. The crowd was pretty hot for most things throughout the night including Braun's match which went right before the main event. It was obvious they didn't care bout Reigns/Lesnar though and were ready to go into riot mode once Reigns started kicking out of the F5s. According to reports several beach balls were busted out.

I give the show a 6 overall. The first half was really good, the second half was mediocre and then ended on a terrible note. The main event left a bad taste in everyone's mouths, which is a shame because there was a lot of good stuff on the show.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Apr 09, '18, 5:25 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:

I don't think the show length was that much of a problem this time. The crowd was pretty hot for most things throughout the night including Braun's match which went right before the main event. It was obvious they didn't care bout Reigns/Lesnar though and were ready to go into riot mode once Reigns started kicking out of the F5s. According to reports several beach balls were busted out.

I give the show a 6 overall. The first half was really good, the second half was mediocre and then ended on a terrible note. The main event left a bad taste in everyone's mouths, which is a shame because there was a lot of good stuff on the show.

I don't know about people in the crowd, but the fact that the show went 7 HOURS!!! pissed me off. For reference, the WWE currently has 100 wrestlers on the active roster, in 7 hours each wrestler could have an 8 minute one on one match. The show lasted too damn long. In an era where every American sport is trying to figure out how to make their games go quicker and be faster paced WWE is speed walking in the other direction and it's amazingly stupid.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 09, '18, 7:19 pm

The Legend wrote:
KaiserGlider wrote:

I don't know about people in the crowd, but the fact that the show went 7 HOURS!!! pissed me off. For reference, the WWE currently has 100 wrestlers on the active roster, in 7 hours each wrestler could have an 8 minute one on one match. The show lasted too damn long. In an era where every American sport is trying to figure out how to make their games go quicker and be faster paced WWE is speed walking in the other direction and it's amazingly stupid.

It's 5 hours if you skip the pre-show, which I did and it doesn't seem like I missed anything.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE