It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 2:44 am

Styles/Nakamura was a major letdown

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Styles/Nakamura was a major letdown

Postby Everlong » Apr 09, '18, 11:21 am

Honestly, Styles/Shane as a more entertaining match.

I've not seen much of Nakamura, but from what I have seen, I've not been impressed at all. Stylistically he doesn't excite me, character wise he's more awkward/weird than anything. Styles is about as good as it comes in WWE these days and this was supposed to be some kind of dream match but man they never even kicked into second gear.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Styles/Nakamura was a major letdown

Postby The Legend » Apr 09, '18, 11:58 am

Agree completely.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 09, '18, 12:06 pm

I kept thinking they were building slow and steady and would have a crazy finishing stretch, then the match ended....

The work never got out of second gear, and it's bizarre. I know Nakamura has a bit of a reputation of being a guy will mail it in sometimes but gets up for big matches.

I think the most likely scenario is they knew the big heel turn was coming afterwards and knew they would have more matches soon with each other so they took it easy and will hopefully crank it up next time.

I will say as soon as Nakamura turned, he looked like a different guy. Immediately talking a bunch of shit in Japanese, kicking the ever loving shit out of AJ with stiff kicks to head. Maybe it's what he needed.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 09, '18, 12:07 pm

I knew it was going to be a letdown when Styles started using restholds 3 minutes into the match. Still it was a solid match with a good finish, just not the epic match of the year candidate it was sold as.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 09, '18, 12:24 pm

Nakamura is at his best when he's a heel, in my opinion.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby DBSoT » Apr 09, '18, 12:25 pm

The match felt half complete when it ended. From a technical standpoint, it was fine. The match just never really kicked over into high gear. It seemed like they were trying to work a 30-35 minute match in 20 minutes without speeding up the pace. Maybe the 13 other matches had something to do with the match length. I will have to watch it again to be sure, but I am pretty sure they never went outside the ring. I personally loved the heel turn though. Naka's facial reactions make more sense as a heel and him working a slower pace might actually work for him.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Apr 09, '18, 12:40 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Nakamura is at his best when he's a heel, in my opinion.

What's your belief level that he'll be able to convey WWE stories to an English audience as a heel though?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE