It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 1:56 am

Hall of Fame 2018 full class

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Hall of Fame 2018 full class

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 05, '18, 10:23 pm

The Hall of Fame ceremony is tomorrow night and here is the full class, just to update everyone.

Goldberg to be inducted by Paul Heyman
Jeff Jarrett to be inducted by Road Dogg
The Dudley Boyz to be inducted by Edge and Christian
Ivory to be inducted by Molly Holly
Hillbilly Jim to be inducted byJimmy Hart
Mark Henry to be inducted by Big Show
Kid Rock to be inducted by TBA

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Hall of Fame 2018 full class

Postby The Legend » Apr 06, '18, 5:19 am

This should be a really good ceremony. There's charisma all over the place. Looking forward to a lot of these speeches, probably the Dudleyz/E&C the most.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 07, '18, 8:41 am

The Dudley's and Mark Henry's speeches were incredible. Definitely worth checking out. One thing I noticed at this Hall of Fame was how they tried to add "entertainment". Goldberg did his classic entrance from the back. Jarret and Road Dogg did the karaoke thing. Henry transformed into sexual chocolate for a while. Sometimes it worked, but other times it felt awkward and out of place, like the guy just got through an emotional bit in his speech where he cried and then suddenly he had to switch to comedy out of nowhere. I appreciate the attempts to make the show easier to get through, but it's still way too long. There's no need to have that many inductees. After watching I know even less why Kid Rock is there.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Apr 07, '18, 5:26 pm

The crowd was dead for Goldberg's speech, because a ton of wrestlers and fans had left (there are some fairly damning pictures floating around) and those who were still there must have been exhausted. These shows are just too long. There should be some kind of restriction on those further down the lineup. Or maybe the inductees should just show some more restraint and make sure they don't overstay their welcome.

Henry's speech was fantastic. One of the best I've seen. He really stole the show, which was particularly nice as he's been a favourite of mine for a long time. He's never been the best performer in the ring, but he's a great personality and that really came across last night.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 07, '18, 6:59 pm

Hanley! wrote:Henry's speech was fantastic. One of the best I've seen. He really stole the show, which was particularly nice as he's been a favourite of mine for a long time. He's never been the best performer in the ring, but he's a great personality and that really came across last night.

Henry's range is insane. He was emotional, charming, funny, AND intimidating all in one speech. I really wasn't a fan of his throughout most of his run, I thought he was a generic monster heel who sucked in the ring (bar his Hall of Pain run and feud with Cena). But last night showed how great of a personalty he has. I wish he was utilized better throughout his career.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 08, '18, 8:00 am

I haven't seen the full show yet, watched bits and pieces live.

The show is ridiculous at this point. Four and half hours it went! I don't know why anybody would buy tickets to this and want to sit there for that long for people to talk, even if the speeches are good. You can easily watch it back on the network later and skip parts.

Hillbilly Jim started by saying he knows it's a long night and he would keep it brief and then proceeded to talk for like 45 minutes lol. Steve is right about the inductees showing some restraint. You can cut a damn good speech in 15-20 minutes. It's partially WWE's own fault for putting so many people in every year too.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Apr 08, '18, 11:10 am

So the obvious highlights to me were The Dudleyz & EC at the start, Mark Henry towards the end and I'll also throw some love to the Warrior recipient. That kid was hilarious and so uplifting, I usually don't like those speeches, but that was one that got it right. Goldberg wasn't bad, but by the time I got to the end of it (and I watched this thing in three pieces) and was all just too much. Kid Rock was terrible, the rest were OK.

The biggest thing to me about the show is just how unnecessary Jerry Lawler is to the proceedings. I mean Jerry comes out, talks about whoever is about to get introduced by their inductors, they show a video package that is way too long on the person, then the inductors come out, say a lot of the same things Jerry said, they introduce the person, then that person talks - usually for 5 minutes too long. If you cut out Jerry -except maybe at the beginning to introduce the show as a whole and the end to thank everyone and wrap up - shorten the video packages by a good 30%, you are well on your way to making the show more manageable to enjoy before even addressing that these speeches should be on some sort of time limit.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 08, '18, 12:47 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I haven't seen the full show yet, watched bits and pieces live.

The show is ridiculous at this point. Four and half hours it went! I don't know why anybody would buy tickets to this and want to sit there for that long for people to talk, even if the speeches are good. You can easily watch it back on the network later and skip parts.

Hillbilly Jim started by saying he knows it's a long night and he would keep it brief and then proceeded to talk for like 45 minutes lol. Steve is right about the inductees showing some restraint. You can cut a damn good speech in 15-20 minutes. It's partially WWE's own fault for putting so many people in every year too.

I watched the show by fast-forwarding most of it and just watching the people I care about. I read later that Dana Warrior actually had a 20-minute speech that had very little to do with the person she was inducting. WTF? There should be a time limit on the people introducing the inductees, maybe 10 minutes at most.

And it was hilarious how Triple H gave this grand speech about Kid Rock like he was a huge influence on the attitude era or something. I couldn't help but think that Limp Bizkit was a more deserving inductee in that category. They had the better ABA Undertaker entrance song, the theme songs for two of the best Wrestlemanias, and the song for the best video package of all time.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to WWE