It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:30 pm

Should Bray Wyatt be repackaged?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Should Bray Wyatt be repackaged?

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 30, '18, 10:20 pm

So Bray fell into the "Lake of Reincarnation" during the Final Deletion, and hasn't been seen since. Could this be a sign that his character will change, and should it?

I'm sure none of this will matter and Wyatt will be back to his... ways... soon enough, but still.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Should Bray Wyatt be repackaged?

Postby PorkChop » Mar 31, '18, 2:06 am

Yes, though they've waited far too long to do it. He's been boring since 2015, and that's possibly being generous.

I just hope for his sake that they don't turn him into a comedy character.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby The Legend » Mar 31, '18, 5:24 am

Should the cult leader with no cult be re-packaged? Yes, 100% yes. I'm not exactly what they could do without totally changing his appearance, but Wyatt needs to freshen up.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Mar 31, '18, 9:17 am

He should be amended a bit. Not a full repackage though. After this many years, I feel like a complete repackage after this many years could kill his WWE career. I think he should remain Bray Wyatt, but the presentation needs to change and he needs some more purpose. Maybe drop the mind game stuff and give him a more sadistic edge instead.

I'm 100% opposed to him becoming a Woken Wyatt. I feel like if he transitions into comedy, he'll never be able to climb back. That's Matt's gimmick and he'll never be more than a supporting character if he goes down that road.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Mar 31, '18, 11:07 am

I mean, I guess. I don't think it will make a difference though. The issue isn't Wyatt's character as much as it is WWE's inability to use him correctly. There's some tweaking they could do but unless creative magically gets better, its not going to matter. Wyatt still has a gimmick that allows him to be one of the more recognizable talents on the roster. It is no worse than Balor, Styles, Rollins, Nakamura, etc., who are presented as generic babyfaces who happen to wrestle really well.

I'd like to see more of a crazy side to Wyatt. That could be a lot of fun. Just a mad-man who has no rhyme or reason behind anything he does.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Return to WWE