It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 6:43 am

Lesnar's WWE title run is the worst

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Lesnar's WWE title run is the worst

Postby Messiah » Jan 29, '18, 2:37 pm

If there was any reason to be excited for Reigns/Lesnar, then it would be for the fact it will finally end Lesnar's horrendous title run.

First off, Lesnar is stale as fuck. I don't get why anyone would care about him. And while Reigns may be stale too, at least he puts on entertaining matches. Lesnar's work-rate sucks. They throw him in multi-man matches and they are, for the most part, literally the same each time.

1. Lesnar goes on a rampage early
2. Lesnar goes through a table
3. Lesnar recovers, wins match

His singles matches, outside of the one time he faced the best wrestler in the company and maybe in the world (A.J. Styles), are often massive disappointments that are equally as repetitive.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Lesnar's WWE title run is the worst

Postby Hanley! » Jan 29, '18, 2:59 pm

I don't like Lesnar anymore. Both the character and how they book him.

The problem with these part-time nostalgia performers is their sporadic appearances will always generate a reaction from the live crowd. They feel privileged to be among the few audiences in a year to see these big names perform. I think those reactions misrepresent how fans watching at home actually feel about these guys. We're certainly not alone in finding Lesnar boring as fuck these days.

Lesnar's matches are shit now. He had a very good match against Styles, but Shane McMahon had a good match against Styles. I'd have a good match against Styles. He doesn't count. I didn't watch last night's match, but I presume it followed the usual formula. Again, all of the suplexes and table spots tend to get a big pop from the live crowd, but it's a bit of a slog watching from the couch. He comes off as a very lazy performer. Dean Ambrose really nailed Lesnar's work ethic in that interview with Austin a couple of years back.

Putting the belt on him for a year sucks too. It feels really inorganic. Like they just set up Reigns vs Lesnar a year in advance and everything that's happening in between is just filler. Even the reactions of the other wrestlers to Lesnar are illogical. They've basically been left without a world title to go after for large chunks of the year and everyone just ignores it and goes on with their business. Shouldn't everyone hate Lesnar? Shouldn't the wrestlers be flipping their lids? The GMs should be getting shit about the special treatment he receives.

Finn Balor should be bitching to Kurt Angle that he was the first Universal Champion, and was stripped of the title because he couldn't defend it within 30 days. Meanwhile, Lesnar hasn't defended the title for 30 days while Balor still hasn't received his title rematch. This is the kind of thing they should logically be doing to make the Lesnar situation a bit less shit.

The whole Lesnar title situation is a great example of what's wrong with the company in general. It feels overly branded, scripted and generally fake.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 29, '18, 9:57 pm

Years from now we're going to look back at how much we hated this title reign, like the infamous Triple H reign of terror in '03. Like Hanley said, it sums up the worst side of the product.

Lesnar did have a great feud with Joe, a good match with Styles, and a good 4-way main event at Summerslam. But all of that could have happened without him being champion. Imagine what else would have happened if he wasn't champion. Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman, Finn Balor, Roman Reigns - I think one or more of these guys would have been champion instead of Brock this year (I think even Reigns as champion would have been good, to capitalize on the massive heat he had coming out of Wrestlemania.) Braun has gotten the best push in years, and yet he couldn't break through the glass ceiling cause they didn't want to take the belt off fucking Lesnar. They should have just done Reigns vs Lesnar at Summerslam and then let things naturally run their course from there to see who gets over and who deserves a push. Instead, they have Lesnar/Reigns on autopilot and the entire Universal title scene for the past year has felt like treading water.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Jan 30, '18, 11:59 am

I reckon in a couple of years most people will have forgotten this title reign. Fans will find themselves struggling to remember who held the belt throughout 2017.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Jan 30, '18, 1:18 pm

Hanley! wrote:I reckon in a couple of years most people will have forgotten this title reign. Fans will find themselves struggling to remember who held the belt throughout 2017.

I can barely remember the reign now, today as it stands.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Jan 30, '18, 3:06 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Years from now we're going to look back at how much we hated this title reign, like the infamous Triple H reign of terror in '03.

At least HHH was still in the prime of his career and showing up every single week to perform while generating legitimate heat. Don't get me wrong that reign had its fair share of problems but there wasn't a bigger heel than Hunter at the time and he was working his ass off.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Ali » Jan 30, '18, 6:57 pm

Hanley said almost everything I want to say, but I just want to add two things.

1. AJ Styles could carry me to at least a three-star match, and I can't even f*cking walk.

2. The real loser in all of this is Braun Strowman. He's over as f*ck and you could run the exact same storyline with him in place of Lesnar, but he shows up to work. He could also take Roman Reigns' place, as a conquering hero that Lesnar can't overcome. But, alas.

And to add on to the point about how other Superstars should be mad at Brock for his part-timing ways, it could be done. Brock can play the role of an entitled prick so well, but the issue is that we the audience perceive Roman Reigns as an entitled prick too! So nobody wants to see that.

Honestly speaking, the only hope I have is that WWE pulls a big last-minute swerve on us and sends Braun to Mania against Lesnar, but that seems too unlikely.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 43

Return to WWE