It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 4:12 am

First match confirmed for Wrestlemania 34

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

First match confirmed for Wrestlemania 34

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 29, '18, 12:42 am

AJ Styles defending the WWE Championship against Royal Rumble winner Shinsuke Nakamura.

(Unless something happens at that Fastlane PPV, which I doubt.)

The coward picked someone he has already beaten instead of daring to face the true champion, The Beast Incarnate Brock Lesnar. So Reigns is obviously winning the Elimination Chamber to become #1 contender, which probably leaves us with this card so far:

Lesnar vs Reigns
Styles vs Nakamura
Asuka vs Alexa Bliss
Charlotte vs... Rhonda Rousey?
Cena vs Taker
Braun vs Triple H

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: First match confirmed for Wrestlemania 34

Postby Everlong » Jan 29, '18, 9:23 am

Is Undertaker vs. Cena a thing most people think is actually happening? What would be the story here?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby JDD » Jan 29, '18, 10:21 am

Everlong wrote:Is Undertaker vs. Cena a thing most people think is actually happening? What would be the story here?

It’s rumored but I cant see it actually happening. Taker’s match last year was hard to watch so I hope he’s done. Also if something was going to happen with the two of them, i think they would have started something at Raw 25.

Im hoping for Cena vs Joe if Joe’s back from injury in time.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 29, '18, 1:58 pm

There were reports that Cena's "next feud" would have been with Samoa Joe if he didn't get injured, so I don't know if that would have happened at Wrestlemania. If Joe is off the table then I don't know what Cena should do besides Taker, and I have no idea what's going on with Taker. Just speculation on my part.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Jan 29, '18, 2:22 pm

Nakamura's time on the main roster hasn't been executed as well as it could have been, but I'm excited for this (more than I thought I would be). It was the logical path to take and should be a great match. I really hope the feud doesn't blow chunks though.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Jan 29, '18, 2:22 pm

I think Undertaker might actually be done. They showed a Wrestlemania 33 ad during the show last night where Undertaker was talking out of character about what happened, and it made it seem more like he's really done. Though maybe I'm wrong and that ad has been shown before. It was new to me anyway.

No idea where that leaves Cena though. I can't see the next logical opponent for him. Joe would have been great, and maybe still can be if he recovers quickly from injury. If not I guess I'd like to see him against someone like Balor who might find himself without a singles match otherwise.

Styles vs Nakamura and Asuka in the women's title match is a nice start to the card. They could still ruin that in a hurry though. Lesnar vs Reigns is all but certain, and I couldn't give a fuck about it. Triple H will have some kind of a match that I couldn't give a fuck about, I'm sure. There's talk about Rousey getting involved with Stephanie, which sounds like the dirt worst.

But if this show does end up having no Undertaker match, no Triple H match, and no Stephanie - which has never seemed at all likely until recently - I'll definitely consider watching this year.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 29, '18, 10:10 pm

Angle is bound to be on the card somewhere too. I hope he manages to pull off a better performance than he did in his last two bouts, because if that's the Kurt that shows up, we're in for a big disappointment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cena takes on some midcarder - even Elias, since they have interacted lately. Cena's last three Wrestlemania opponents were Miz, Rusev, and Bray Wyatt, so he's no longer one of the guys that we expect is gonna be in some huge match every year.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to WWE