It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:26 pm

WWE for sale?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WWE for sale?

Postby The Legend » Jan 12, '18, 6:14 pm

So WWE isn't really for sale, but there's reports out there that Fox may be trying to purchase the whole WWE from the McMahon family. It goes along with a report that Vince is considering trying to start up another football league to compete with the WWE. It is interesting that Fox seems to be inclined to view WWE/pro wrestling as a more valuable commodity than UFC.

Here's a link:

http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/fox-wwe-rights-whole-company-ufc.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: WWE for sale?

Postby Everlong » Jan 14, '18, 5:12 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. The McMahons are nothing without the WWE.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Jan 14, '18, 6:20 pm

Everlong wrote:I'll believe it when I see it. The McMahons are nothing without the WWE.

I know that and you know that, but Vince is a big enough egomaniac that he could believe he could make something else a bigger success.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Jan 15, '18, 1:31 pm

I am not sure of the total shares. Does Vince own 51% or could the other stake holders veto a majority sale? I could see Vince selling a good portion of his stock and working on the XFL reboot. However, I don't see Steph, Shane and HHH giving up their shares.

*Edit* I just read the article and saw that Vince owns 82.8% of the total voting power.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE