It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 2:22 am

Start of year Mania predictions

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Start of year Mania predictions

Postby The Legend » Jan 03, '18, 6:08 pm

The Rumble is around the corner with the Road to Wrestlemania, so with that in mind, what does everyone see transpiring at the biggest show of the year? These are predictions of where I think things could go.

Universal Title: Brock Lesnar ( c ) vs Roman Reigns

This one seems inevitable, which is unfortunate because it kind of boxes some other things in on RAW. I doubt Reigns wins the Rumble, but will find his way here some other way.

WWE Title: A.J. Styles ( c ) vs John Cena

The WWE loves to go with established guys to win the Rumble and main event Mania. Here I think we get the final chapter to the Styles/Cena feud, one that sees Cena break Flair’s record.

Shane McMahon and Shinsuke Nakamura w/ Vince McMahon vs Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens w/ Daniel Bryan

I assume that Bryan won’t get clearance to wrestle, this gives him a role though trying to foil the McMahons once again, this time as a heel. Shane will wrestle at Mania, but putting him in a tag match with these three guys will let him hide his deficiencies and get some big spots in.

IC Title: The Miz ( c ) vs Jason Jordan

If Roman wrestles for the big belt, that means he’s dropping the IC belt before Mania. In steps the swiss army knife, the Miz. He’ll take the belt back shortly, before dropping it to Jason Jordan at Mania.

Raw Women’s Title: Asuka ( c ) vs Ronda Rousey

I think Rousey wins the women’s Rumble as the 30th entrant and takes on Asuka, who will take the belt off Bliss before too long. Not sure who would win this one, but it could be great in its submission attempts.

Bray Wyatt vs Matt Hardy

This feud has already begun, but I think a slow burn that starts with an interaction in the Rumble and climaxes at Mania would be a good way to go. Hopefully the WWE doesn’t let this one get too campy, but we’ll see what happens.

Triple Threat: Big E vs Kofi vs Xavier Woods

The New Day have had a fantastic run, but it’s time to spice things up. There’s already some underlying tension and a feud about the guys wanting individual success wouldn’t be that hard to write up.

SD Tag Titles: American Beta ( c ) vs Bludgeon Brothers vs Rusev and English

Simple enough. Three of the hottest tag teams on SD all going for the belts.

US Title: Bobby Roode ( c ) vs Mojo Rawley

I really doubt Baron Corbin holds the belt for much longer. Roode should get ahold of it and Rawley can be his main challenger once he beats Ryder for good.

SD Women’s Title: Charlotte ( c ) vs Ruby Riott w/ Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan

One of these factions needs to make an impact at Mania and with Asuka and Rousey on RAW stealing the spotlight I picked SD.

PRE SHOW:

Raw Tag Titles: The Bar ( c ) vs The Revival

The Revival is back and healthy now and seeing them get put into the title scene would freshen the tag division. A battle with the Bar could be epic in its smash mouth straight ahead violence.

CW Title: Invitational

Throw all the Cruiserweights in here and let them put on a show.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale: Braun Strowman wins

The get everyone else in showcase.

One match that I'd like to see and could be made is a six man tag featuring the Bullet Club who was put back together on RAW this week. Only question would be who they'd face, which is why I didn't include it.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Return to WWE