It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 7:45 am

Favorite matches of the year

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Favorite matches of the year

Postby The Legend » Dec 14, '17, 7:05 am

So was curious to get people's favorite matches of the year in general and if you have any WWE or NXT favorites specifically I'd like to hear people's answers. I'll fill in mine later.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Favorite matches of the year

Postby JDD » Dec 14, '17, 4:13 pm

Top 5 WWE/NXT matches for me -

1) Revival/AoP/DIY @ Takeover Orlando
2) AoP vs DIY @ Takeover Chicago
3) AJ Styles vs Brock Lesnar @ Survivor Series
4) New Day vs The Uso’s @ Hell in a Cell
5) Samoa Joe vs Brock Lesnar @ Great Balls of Fire

If I included non wwe matches, Okada vs Omega @ Dominion (any of their three matches could be on the list, but this was my personal favorite), Okada vs Shibata @ Sakura Genesis and Keith Lee/Donovan Dijak vs Jeff Cobb/Matt Riddle @ BOLA would make the list along with the NXT matches.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 14, '17, 10:07 pm

Lesnar vs Strowman vs Reigns vs Joe at Summerslam
Lesnar vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania
Styles vs Shane at Wrestlemania
Usos vs New Day at Hell in a Cell

Haven't paid much attention to NXT this year unfortunately.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Dec 16, '17, 7:47 pm

If I was going to put together a list of my favourite matches of the year, very few of them would be from WWE. And none of them would crack the Top 5. It's not been a bad year for WWE in terms of in-ring quality, but while there's been a lot of very good matches, there have been very few great matches. At least in my opinion. And it doesn't help that New Japan and the indies have had what could be considered a historically good year in terms of putting out high quality wrestling.

From the main roster, most of my favourite matches have involved Styles (no surprise there). His match with John Cena at the Royal Rumble is probably the best of the lot, but the Finn Balor match and the Brock Lesnar match also deserve to be mentioned.

Every NXT Takeover was quality, but it didn't have quite the same number of blow-away matches as last year either. There was less of the awesome tag team matches featuring the Revival, American Alpha and DIY. The women's division has gone downhill a bit too. My favourite matches from Takeover are probably Revival vs DIY vs Authors of Pain, Asuka vs Mickie James, Velveteen Dream vs Alistair Black.

The best WWE match of the entire year for me was Pete Dunne vs Tyler Bate.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE