It is currently: Apr 17, '24, 6:42 pm

Styles vs Nakamura??!!??!!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Styles vs Nakamura??!!??!!

Postby The Legend » Nov 13, '17, 1:29 pm

So I don't know who all saw, but over the weekend in Italy there appears to have been a WM match semi-made as Styles and Nakamura challenged each other to a fight at the Grandaddy of them All. It probably wouldn't be for the title belt which is a little disappointing, but it should be a fantastic show none the less.

Discuss.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Styles vs Nakamura??!!??!!

Postby Hanley! » Nov 13, '17, 5:32 pm

This has been talked about for so long that I feel like it's almost certainly happening. And I'd guess it won't be for the title, but there's a chance that it could be. But it will be a great distance from the main event either way - Wyatt vs Orton was somehow the WWE championship match at Wrestlemania this year. It could happen.

I was really eager to see it six months ago, because these guys tore it up at Wrestle Kingdom. But Nakamura has been so badly botched on WWE television that I don't think a Wrestlemania match could begin to match the quality of their Wrestle Kingdom match. And part of me wants a bigger match for Styles at the biggest show of the year. At least unless they can rehab Nakamura's character in the next three months.

But I'm not sure I can see a better match for Styles that he's realistically going to get. And I would like to see two current era WWE performers that I enjoy working against each other at Wrestlemania for once. So I am still excited about the prospect of this match. Just not as much as I was before.

Then again, I didn't even bother watching Wrestlemania this year and I've a subscription to the Network. That's how little Wrestlemania excites me at this point. So I'm going to take it as a good sign that in November, we're already talking about a Wrestlemania match that I'd actually like to see.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Nov 13, '17, 10:05 pm

Nakamura sucks in WWE expecting a Jericho tier match at best if it happens. I read that they wrestled before and it wasn't great correct me if I'm wrong.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby prophet » Nov 15, '17, 12:50 pm

They like to put one smark match on the show to try outshine Wrestle Kingdom and this would fit the bill. They'd have a lot of work to do with Nakamura before April if this is the plan.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Nov 15, '17, 12:59 pm

They haven't come close to outshining Wrestle Kingdom in recent years. Styles and Nakamura wrestling WWE style are unlikely to match their efforts a couple of years ago. And I'd be amazed if their match is close to as good as Naito vs Okada. That's nothing against the performers, it just speaks to where WWE's focus is come Wrestlemania. I doubt these guys will get the time or the green light to go out there and put on a MOTY contender. I hope I'm wrong.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 15, '17, 10:21 pm

Is Nakamura really that damaged? I'm a casual viewer of Smackdown and I've only watched his PPV matches this year, so maybe I can't speak much on it. I do think that losing to Jinder two PPVs in a row hurt Nak's momentum, but he still seems to be pretty over with the crowd and definitely has that big star aura about him. Is it really the sort of thing where he can't bounce back with one good feud?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 16, '17, 10:43 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Is Nakamura really that damaged? I'm a casual viewer of Smackdown and I've only watched his PPV matches this year, so maybe I can't speak much on it. I do think that losing to Jinder two PPVs in a row hurt Nak's momentum, but he still seems to be pretty over with the crowd and definitely has that big star aura about him. Is it really the sort of thing where he can't bounce back with one good feud?

He feels cold to a lot of people who are more familiar with his work before. I agree that something just hasn't fully clicked but other than the ridiculous Jinder push and his losses there he wins almost all the time and he's treated as a top star on the show for the most part. Up there with Orton/Owens/Zayn/Styles.

I don't think it would take much to heat him up for a Styles match. I think they'd have a good match, maybe even great but WWE micromanages their matches so much it takes a lot to get a classic.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to WWE