It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 1:00 pm

VINCE HIT THE PANIC BUTTON

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

VINCE HIT THE PANIC BUTTON

Postby Circled Square » Nov 07, '17, 3:29 pm

AJ VS BROCK I REPEAT AJ VS BROXK

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: VINCE HIT THE PANIC BUTTON

Postby The Legend » Nov 07, '17, 4:50 pm

Survivor Series looks worth watching now.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Nov 07, '17, 9:06 pm

IMO, this is the best "dream" match left in WWE, assuming Bryan will never wrestles again. The ultimate David vs Goliath match. That assumes they are given time to work, but that is a big if. Most likely it will be another Lesnar squash match. Worst case scenario, the crowd should go crazy during the entrances.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Nov 07, '17, 11:27 pm

So watched SD tonight. Found it very fitting that the night that Jinder cut his best promo and altogether had his best night as champion, was the night he lost the belt.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Nov 09, '17, 9:25 am

I would actually tune in to watch AJ/Brock. Hoping Brock actually puts forth an effort in this one as it could turn out to be a really solid match if he's on form.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 09, '17, 10:04 pm

The start of the match will be super intense, AJ will put up a fight and get a couple cool spots... and then abruptly lose to one F5 out of nowhere just when it looks like the match is about to shift into next gear. 10 minutes, tops. That's what happened to Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, and Goldberg. I just can't picture AJ Styles looking stronger against Brock than they did.

At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself so I won't be underwhelmed when it happens. Styles/Brock is one of my favorite dream match scenarios, but not in this time and place. A few years ago this would have fucking ruled. It Brock/AJ happened in like 2012 or 2013 it would have been as good as Brock vs Punk, maybe even as good as Brock vs Eddie. But with the formula Lesnar's singles matches have had lately I don't see this reaching its potential. They are building the F5 as an unstoppable finisher so it will supposedly be a big deal when Roman kicks out of three of them at Wrestlemania (fuck me). Also, this is a random "brand superiority" match at Survivor Series where nothing is really on the line. Even if the unthinkable happens and AJ pins Brock, he won't win the Universal title. So the win wouldn't be as big as it should be. All in all, this match is taking place at a bad time. I definitely look forward to seeing both guys sell each other's moves though.

I think the bigger story here is that Jinder lost the belt and AJ is the one who won it. It seems they trust Styles to be a guy who can just jump in and be the champion at any time, and that's great if true. They could have given it to Nakamura or Orton or Cena, but they chose Styles. Is the Jinder project over? I've heard several reasons why he lost the belt, but if they just gave up on him out of nowhere it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Nov 10, '17, 6:30 am

^^^ Couple of things, first Jinder may have been the worst booked world champ in 5-10 years and basically they sold him out and said it was all his fault.

Second on AJ, I do see a scenario in where he could put up a better fight than the guys you mention without specifically being "stronger". All those guys basically only could try to out Brock, Brock. AJ is a better technical wrestler and much quicker than any of those guys. He's also really imaginative, he can come up with cool counters and escapes from the F5 so he doesn't have to kick out of it.

Ultimately I do think Brock will win and Brock should win. Like you mentioned a loss doesn't take the belt from him, so it lessens the impact when someone does beat him, whoever that should be.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Hanley! » Nov 10, '17, 5:27 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Is the Jinder project over? I've heard several reasons why he lost the belt, but if they just gave up on him out of nowhere it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

There's a lot of talk about him winning the title back before or during the India tour in a month. Not sure if that's happening, but I wouldn't be surprised. We can only hope at this point.

They might have just taken the title from him to set up a match for Survivor Series that people will actually want to see. They might have been reacting to poor ratings. They might have been reacting to very poor ticket sales on the European tour - a title change in Manchester might get more people to show up for their next tour in the UK. But there are a number of explanations here that don't indicate that Jinder's push is over.

I'm not even sure they should bring his push to a screeching halt. There could be room for him as a top(ish) heel on Smackdown. He just shouldn't be anywhere near the title. A United States championship run in the near future could even be a good thing for him. But on a show with Styles, Owens and Zayn, Mahal is not a main event talent.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE