It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 11:56 pm

Angle accompanying The Shield to the ring

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Angle accompanying The Shield to the ring

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 22, '17, 11:04 pm

And what a ridiculous fucking match, lmao

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Angle accompanying The Shield to the ring

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 23, '17, 5:43 am

And according to reports, that seems like the most noteworthy thing he did during the whole match.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 23, '17, 10:06 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:And according to reports, that seems like the most noteworthy thing he did during the whole match.

He gave Cesaro a fuckin sweet Angle slam through a table.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Messiah » Oct 23, '17, 10:59 am

I have never regretted watching a match like I did that one.

It was a clusterfuck of epic proportions, but my issue wasn't with the quality. I wasn't expecting a cohesive, well laid-out 5-on-3 handicap TLC match. I only watched the match for Kurt Angle and it just felt like that isn't what I got. It was sad watching perhaps my favorite pro wrestler move around the ring gingerly, but what turned me off the most was Angle coming out in Shield gear as a part of the Shield entrance. Considering it was Angle's first match in 11 years, that was just silly to me.

I know it was a last-minute change and I didn't have that much of an issue with Angle being added to the match, but at least treat it like his big return. It felt like Angle was just there. I would have much preferred to have never seen that match so that Angle's next match feels that much more special to me. The way I see it, Kurt Angle hasn't truly returned.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » Oct 23, '17, 11:02 am

This would be like if Steve Austin made his in-ring return to the music of the New Day, dancing and all. Just something you should never see.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 23, '17, 9:03 pm

I just found it really hard to suspend my disbelief throughout that match. Realistically, Ambrose and Rollins should have lost within the first ten minutes. I was 5-on-3. Two of the five are Sheamus and Cesaro, who have proven they can go toe-to-toe with Ambrose and Rollins on several occasions. Another of the five is Braun fucking Strowman, who would clobber Ambrose or Rollins in singles. Another one is the Intercontinental Champion Miz, and then monster version Kane. Angle barely did anything during his first round and then he got taken out pretty quick, so it was basically 5-on-2 for most of the match. Ambrose got put through like three tables.

They tried to even the odds by having Kane randomly turn on Braun and take him out, bringing out the garbage truck which Rollins and Ambrose immediately jumped off of, and having Cesaro and Sheamus do nothing for most of the match cause they were't even needed. The heels wasted enough time for Angle to return, clean house, and pick up the pinfall. As a result Angle's win felt forced and undeserved. His team should have lost ten times over by that point. It WAS really cool seeing his rally at the end with the Angle Slams, but this just wasn't the match for that.

A lot of people seemed to dig the wackiness of the match, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Return to WWE