It is currently: Apr 20, '24, 5:55 am

the S T A T E of WWE

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

the S T A T E of WWE

Postby Circled Square » Oct 16, '17, 9:30 pm

..i...wh-....no

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: the S T A T E of WWE

Postby Messiah » Oct 17, '17, 6:17 am

This is probably the least I have cared about the WWE since, at least, 2009. Maybe even less. Nothing they do even frustrates me anymore. I just don't care. I can't remember the last show I watched. I didn't even go out of my way to watch SummerSlam - I caught the main event and that was it.

It's a shame too, because they have an extremely talented roster. They just don't know how to use it. Everyone is the same on the show and nobody sticks out. It is insane how horrible they are at character development. They really need to hire someone who knows a thing or two about storytelling. Instead, they just recycle old, tired wrestling ideas.

I don't know. Maybe it is because I'm getting older. But this feels like the most lethargic the WWE has ever been. Even in down years, you always had something to care about. Maybe it was the under-utilization of Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Or the over-utilization of John Cena and Roman Reigns. Nowadays, who cares?

This is why I'm not getting up in arms about the Mahal/Lesnar match. Who cares?

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby PorkChop » Oct 17, '17, 6:23 am

...is this legit?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Oct 17, '17, 6:41 am

Messiah wrote:This is probably the least I have cared about the WWE since, at least, 2009. Maybe even less. Nothing they do even frustrates me anymore. I just don't care. I can't remember the last show I watched. I didn't even go out of my way to watch SummerSlam - I caught the main event and that was it.

It's a shame too, because they have an extremely talented roster. They just don't know how to use it. Everyone is the same on the show and nobody sticks out. It is insane how horrible they are at character development. They really need to hire someone who knows a thing or two about storytelling. Instead, they just recycle old, tired wrestling ideas.

I don't know. Maybe it is because I'm getting older. But this feels like the most lethargic the WWE has ever been. Even in down years, you always had something to care about. Maybe it was the under-utilization of Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Or the over-utilization of John Cena and Roman Reigns. Nowadays, who cares?

This is why I'm not getting up in arms about the Mahal/Lesnar match. Who cares?

I think getting older is definitely a part of it. I sort of had a resurgence in interest in wrestling between 2010 and 2012, but once I reached my mid-20s I really just started to lose interest for good. I haven't watched an entire episode of RAW in years. I think just getting older and moving on from wrestling is a part of it.

On the other hand, I have to feel as though I'd still have some interest if there was any quality storytelling or action on the show. Like, it should't have to be THAT hard to develop a decent story, but WWE fails to do it over and over again. The characters are boring, the plots are boring or nonexistant, everything just feels overly corporate and dull. Like you said, who cares?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby JDD » Oct 17, '17, 6:51 am

That was the only bad part of an otherwise really awesome Raw last night. Between the KO/Sami stuff and the Shield stuff, im actually really enjoying WWE right now. Enzo and his heel crusierweight faction is cool and will probably lead to a good survivor series match, the Bliss/James storyline has been the best built womens storyline in months, and Kane’s return actually got me pretty hype. NXT is also great right now, with at least one really good match a week building up to WAR GAMES!!!

But yeah the Balor/Bray stuff is dumb.

Last edited by JDD on Oct 17, '17, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 17, '17, 6:52 am

I don't think there's any saving whatever the fuck that Bray shit is, as far as Balor I've said it before, I'm down with the paint, just give it a rest with that goofy fuckin tentacle headgear. Looks so daft.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby DBSoT » Oct 17, '17, 9:02 am

Fans: Bray Wyatt character couldn't get any worse than his WM match and House of Horrors.

WWE Creative: Hold my beer!

Fans:

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby prophet » Oct 17, '17, 4:32 pm

Does Finn Balor go exclusively by 'The Demon' now? If so that's dumb.

My actual interest in wrestling is pretty high at the minute and I haven't watched WWE in about 2 years now. Admittedly I still keep up to date via this site and YouTube clips but other than that I've not watched an actual show in years.

British wrestling is probably the best and most popular it's ever been so I've been getting to some independents across the country where possible. (I'm in Dublin in December and we've bought tickets to the OTT show and I can't wait) so wrestling in general I'm high on I just have no appetite for WWE's shit.

ACTUALLY tell a lie I watched the UK Championship Tournament show in its entirety so I'm a hypocrite I guess.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Oct 17, '17, 5:08 pm

We're going to be at that OTT show, Nick! :O We've started going to them frequently now, they're always a blast. Really looking forward to the December show.

This year I've only been following WWE by listening to results on the Observer. I still have a sort of interest in what's happening, but no enthusiasm for actually watching the product. I never watch the shows anymore, I couldn't keep doing it to myself. The only thing I've been using my Network subscription for lately is NXT Takeovers, so I'm probably going to cancel after this month. It's just not worth it anymore. I might put the money towards New Japan world or something.

Ring of Honor and New Japan are stronger than ever, and the indy scene is going great right now. It's awesome to have so many options that aren't WWE or TNA. This is the healthiest pro wrestling has been in a long time, even while WWE is less popular than ever.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 17, '17, 6:50 pm

prophet wrote:Does Finn Balor go exclusively by 'The Demon' now? If so that's dumb.

He goes by "The Demon" when he's wearing the paint. I remember when he first got called up they were going hard on "Demon King" and had Rollins say it about five thousand times in one segment but they've given up on that one for some reason :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 19, '17, 6:29 am

He looks like an offspring of The Boogeyman

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to WWE