It is currently: May 03, '24, 12:24 am

Two new additions to the Smackdown roster

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Two new additions to the Smackdown roster

Postby KaiserGlider » Aug 22, '17, 9:16 pm

Shelton Benjamin and Bobby Roooooooooooooode. Both came in as babyfaces and we all know Roode could/should be destined for great things going forward.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Two new additions to the Smackdown roster

Postby JDD » Aug 23, '17, 11:31 am

GLORIOUS! I can definatley see Bobby holding the US or WWE title before the end of the year. And a Shelton/Gable tag team is gonna lead to some great matches and some hillarious backstage bits. Definatley think Gable got the better storyline out of the American Alpha guys.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby Circled Square » Aug 23, '17, 12:26 pm

Gable and Shelton is pure kino

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 23, '17, 1:27 pm

I liked how the acquisition of Shelton made sense given the trade of Jordan. Benjamin and Gable could be a lot of fun as a team, but I have a feeling Shelton will turn on him shortly. We know they don't put teams together for long.

Roode seems an odd fit as a babyface. They might switch him soon but knew he would be treated as a face in Brooklyn.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Aug 23, '17, 2:39 pm

It's weird that they've brought in both Roode and Shelton as faces. I know they're after losing Cena, but the show is still incredibly week on the heel side. Jinder is a joke champion who nobody gives two fucks about and who will go right back to being a jobber as soon as he finally loses the title. Corbin and Rusev have been thoroughly demolished recently - neither has any credibility and it doesn't look like WWE is planning on giving either any decent wins any time soon.

It looks like the only heel of any worth left on Smackdown is Kevin Owens. So naturally they have him feuding with a fucking McMahon instead of a wrestler.

On the face side they at least have Styles and Nakamura and Randy Orton. I would have thought they'd try to get Roode to fill a heel role: basically taking Corbin's spot now that they're done with him.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Aug 23, '17, 4:36 pm

From what I saw on YouTube there's nothing to suggest Roode won't be a heel. They just knew he was going to get a huge pop on his debut so had him squash a bad guy jobber - he'll probably kick off with the standard Sami Zayn feud next week to get people mad at him. God bless Sami.

Also I'm calling it now Shelton Benjamin is Jason Jordan's real kayfabe dad and not Angle. Happy that Gable gets the rub of working with a pro like Shelty B.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE