It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 5:49 am

Brock Lesnar dropping the strap at SummerSlam?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Brock Lesnar dropping the strap at SummerSlam?

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 20, '17, 10:29 am

Word on the street is Lesnar may be returning to the UFC quite soon. Do you guys think he's losing the Championship at SummerSlam?

I wouldn't be surprised if the main event is a fatal four way between Lesnar, Joe, Strowman and Reigns. If that's the case or not, who do you think should be the one to take the title off Brock?

I'd prefer Joe, but my guess would be Reigns. If Lesnar goes to UFC, the chance of him main eventing Mania next year is at around 0% and they've clearly been building Reigns to be the guy to beat Brock.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 177

Re: Brock Lesnar dropping the strap at SummerSlam?

Postby PorkChop » Jul 20, '17, 1:06 pm

Allegedly he's re-entered the USADA drug testing pool ahead of a return. The UFC have denied it, because of course they have. They want to be the ones to break the news of Lesnar's return, especially after what happened last time around with Ariel Helwani.

Lesnar would absolutely fight for the heavyweight title. He doesn't deserve to, but he will. Stipe would beat him though, same with Sea-Level Cain.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 20, '17, 1:18 pm

If he is gonna be away for a longer period I can't say I'll miss his five shit matches a year. Can't understand how the guy remains any kind of draw. In wrestling he puts zero effort in whatsoever, in UFC he's only just come out of a suspension for PEDs. If he's going to go be overpaid somewhere else, nice. Would have preferred he stick around long enough to put Strowman over at Wrestlemania though.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 20, '17, 11:09 pm

I like seeing Lesnar in both WWE and UFC so I'm happy with whatever happens. Watching his UFC 200 fight last year against Not Samoa Joe was fun as hell, and I'd mark the fuck out if he actually gets a title match upon returning and ends up beating the other guy. Holy fuck what a moment that would be. Also there's basically nothing left for Brock to accomplish in wrestling except get outright beaten by somebody clean in a one-on-one match. That's why I don't think he should drop the title at Summerslam, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have him drop it there without getting pinned/submitted so he's protected. Brock would want to look good heading into UFC. And whatever Brock wants, Brock gets.

To answer the question: I have no idea.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 22, '17, 2:45 pm

I thought Vince would want Lesnar to be Champion even if he goes back to the UFC - if he wins his return bout and claims the heavyweight title, they can use the glow of that into their scripts for Heyman and even if he lost, they'd spin it positively.

WWE could keep the belt on Brock till next year's Mania, and continue to devalue the belt but maybe an interim strap for Strauman would be a new direction - least it'd be on RAW regularly.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Everlong » Jul 23, '17, 7:11 pm

I thought he'd officially announced his retirement and that UFC had essentially all but banned him from the sport?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 23, '17, 8:10 pm

Everlong wrote:I thought he'd officially announced his retirement and that UFC had essentially all but banned him from the sport?

That storyline happened more than six months ago so it doesn't matter.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE