It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 11:01 pm

The plot thickens

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The plot thickens

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 10, '17, 11:28 pm

Any guesses as to who Kurt was talking to on the phone? Stephanie? Dixie Carter? Sharmell?

PS: watch the WWE 24 documentary about Kurt Angle. Oh it's great. It's damn great.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: The plot thickens

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 11, '17, 8:03 am

It's going to be something goofy, we know that.

It seems to me it's going to be one of two things:

1) He's having/had an affair with a woman.

2) He has/had a love child with someone, who possibly is now a WWE wrestler.

Speculation online is it has something to do with Stephanie McMahon or possibly Dixie Carter who was just on his special.

God I'm terrified he's having an affair with Dixie Carter and she is going to become an onscreen character with WWE. You know damn well if WWE offered this she'd be all over it. I have a hard time thinking they would bring her in like that, do they think she has that much cache? They've barely acknowledged TNA and now they'll bring in it's former president?

Something with Stephanie makes more sense given their history. But I have a hard time thinking they would be okay with some sort of lover storyline now with them.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Jul 11, '17, 8:07 am

Corey Graves is actually Kurt Angle's secret son that he had when he was 15 years old. :o

Truthfully, it will probably be something pretty disappointing. Somehow this will lead to Angle vs HHH, which I would actually be interested in. However, I really hope it isn't about Kurt and Steph having an affair. Save that junk for reality TV.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby prophet » Jul 11, '17, 10:41 am

Lmao I'll start watching properly again if they do an Angle/Steph affair that'd be hilarious television.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Jul 11, '17, 1:07 pm

prophet wrote:Lmao I'll start watching properly again if they do an Angle/Steph affair that'd be hilarious television.

It would at least make sense in terms of story continuity. Remember there was that sort of love triangle between Stephanie, Angle and Triple H back in 2000? It led to a short heel vs heel feud between Angle and Triple H. Maybe they continued seeing each other in secret and Angle is worried that if Triple H finds out that he'll lose his job ...

That would actually make far more sense than most pay offs that we've seen for stories like this one.

Not that I'm advocating for this though. Any story that involves Stephanie on television is instantly the worst. She's been the worst character on Raw (by far) for the last decade. I'd honestly prefer if Triple H stayed gone for good too.

You know it's probably going to end up making no sense and being a let down though. Maybe that's why they seem to be paying this off so quickly. In the past, these stories often lasted a lot longer.

Would be hilarious if Sharmell was involved though.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 11, '17, 8:28 pm

Angle trying to rape Sharmell was a storyline that legitimately made me uncomfortable when I saw it back then. Looking back, Angle played that character really well. He always gave 100% to everything he did.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Jul 12, '17, 9:04 am

I know that WWE would never mention TNA, but if the person Kurt is talking to is Dixie, then there are some positives and negatives.

Positive: The possibility of a stable including Angle (GM), Joe (Main Event Heel), Roode (IC Champ/Future Main-Event Heel) and the Hardys (Tag Champs). You could even add TJP (only as a version of Suicide) for the Cruiser-weight division and Mickie James for the women's division. Adding Styles down the line could also be great. Corey Graves would obviously be the announcer that advocates for the stable.

Negative: Dixie Carter on my television screen and with a mic. This could also be the alliance story line all over again, but without the cache that WCW had. It would be more like if ECW just invaded WWE, but without them ever actually acknowledging the ECW brand.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 17, '17, 8:51 pm

Jason Jordan is Kurt's illegitimate son.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Jul 17, '17, 9:33 pm

"Creative Team"

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Jul 18, '17, 4:11 am

hello darkness my old friend

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jul 18, '17, 5:33 am

Haha, well in a world where Hornswoggle is son of Mr McMahon then this is standard..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » Jul 18, '17, 5:51 am

Why though? Where can you possibly go with this?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Circled Square » Jul 18, '17, 6:01 am

Hanley! wrote:Why though? Where can you possibly go with this?

Crashing this company, with no survivors

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby DBSoT » Jul 18, '17, 7:01 am

Watch the post raw interview. I cringed so many times. It felt completely inauthentic. Angle and Jordan have similarities in their background, but that's about it. Jordan's wrestling style is similar to Angle and will become even more apparent now. Even though this would made more sense with Gable, I am happy that Gable can shine on SD as a single competitor.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 18, '17, 7:45 am

I'm not sure Jordan has the chops to pull off this goofy of a storyline. Or even Angle anymore for that matter.

I'm calling it now though, within a year, Jordan reveals he and his mom made the whole story up to get a push from being Angle's "son".

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Daz » Jul 18, '17, 7:54 am

They broke up American Alpha for this. Sigh.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Hanley! » Jul 18, '17, 9:13 am

They can't help themselves from breaking up all their best tag teams.

Jordan and Gable were so good together, and they were really over in NXT before they were ruined on the main roster (a recurring theme this year). They're both good enough to succeed as singles guys eventually, but are both likely to get lost in the shuffle over the next few years. Whereas they could have been the top tag team in the company.

Jordan is excellent at firing up and making a hot tag, which makes him ideal for a top babyface tag team. A singles run isn't playing into his strengths right now.

But even if Jordan was already a singles guy, this move isn't good for him. It's the kind of goofy story that everyone always hates and looks down on, so even if he gets pushed on the back of this, it'll create a negative association for him among the fan base.

Even if they have a story in mind for him being Angle's son (and I'm struggling to think of a good one) it can't last for all that long. And then he has to just get on with his career with the stigma of being Angle's fake son hanging over him forever. It limits his character forever.

As a result, I'd guess that Brett will end up being right. They'll do something to retcon this eventually. He won't always be Angle's son. But he'll always be the guy that was Angle's son in that dumb story, so ultimately I still think it's going to hurt him. He'll get a bit of a mid level push for a while that'll make it seem like a plus for his career, but by the end of the year it will be clear that this was a mistake.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 18, '17, 9:45 am

People should never get their hopes up for tag teams. It's been clear for years that Vince doesn't care about tag teams. Look no further than Alpha, Goldust & R Truth, Enzo & Cass, even Heath Slater and Rhyno almost broke up. I could easily see a Hardyz split before too much longer.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby KaiserGlider » Jul 18, '17, 8:03 pm

Str8Shooter wrote: I could easily see a Hardyz split before too much longer.

At least that one has the potential to be a decent feud. Even if it would be happening for the third time.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to WWE