It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 8:44 pm

How long do Enzo and Cass last on their own

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

How long do Enzo and Cass last on their own

Postby Circled Square » Jun 20, '17, 5:41 pm

Before they are turned into enhancement talent or future endeavored?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 209

Re: How long do Enzo and Cass last on their own

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 21, '17, 10:06 am

Enzo gets a sympathy push at first and eventually becomes a lower end mid card jobber. Big Cass main events some Raws and shit (and perhaps gets a title shot because he's huge) and eventually becomes a lower end mid card jobber.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Messiah » Jun 21, '17, 10:11 am

Enzo will last a lot longer than Cass. He is a good talker and sticks out. He'll never be anything more than a mid-carder barring a drastic improvement in his wrestling ability, but he will be an entertaining babyface. I could see him becoming a manager too. I'd love a heel Enzo. Actually, I pray that is the direction they take with him eventually.

Cass will get a mini-push then fall into the abyss.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Circled Square » Jun 21, '17, 8:48 pm

I feel like they'd turn Enzo into James Ellsworth 2.0 if they make him a manager. Honestly, make this entire feud a work and have him interfere in a Cass match only to attack his opponent or some shit. I don't know.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Jun 21, '17, 8:49 pm

I think they're both doomed unless they improve a lot or the bar gets dropped even lower.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jun 27, '17, 2:54 pm

This is the sort of typical WWE mystery angle that makes no sense at all if you think about it for more than a second. Why would a giant need to keep sneaking up on a wuss in order to knock him out? He could have done it at any time. And if Cass hated Enzo so much, why was he still hanging out with him?

In the past whenever I've fallen out with an old friend, we've tended to just drift apart or stop talking to each other. Which seems infinitely healthier than staying friends with them, but kicking the shit out of them whenever they're not looking. I can't say that I understand Cass's motivation there. If Enzo is an annoying prat, don't force yourself to hang out with him. Then maybe you won't feel the need to lash out in a violent (and stealthy) rage on a weekly basis.

A better story would have been to have Cass drift apart from Enzo, and maybe have him considering a singles career. Then Enzo could have been attacked a couple of times with Cass trying to come to his rescue. In the end it would turn out that the attacks had been faked by Enzo to get Cass's attention back on the team and on helping him out. Leading to the sort of emotional angle from this week's Raw where Enzo apologises and tries to get the team back together, before Cass destroys him. It would have made more sense and would have been emotionally richer. And that's without putting much thought into it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 27, '17, 3:22 pm

Everyone seems to be writing Enzo off that I see online, but I'm a lot more high on him I guess. The guy has a unique look, a unique voice, he gets to keep the fan chanting along thing which is always over. And as we saw on Raw yesterday, even when he's not cutting goofy, funny promos he can change it up and deliver.

Obviously he's the shits in the ring which limits things, but I can see him being more over than Cass within a year or two despite probably losing a lot and getting stuck with the dumbest segments.

I like Cass but as a heel after the Enzo feud, I'm not sure how much is there with him. He'll seem like just the latest big heel who beats up on guys for a while that Vince likes and eventually moves onto the next.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jun 27, '17, 4:50 pm

Enzo is as bad a wrestler as they have on the main roster, which is why people are writing him off. Though I agree he has a great look, a great gimmick and is one of the best mic workers in the company. If they book him right he could still take off as a singles guy or a manager/personality.

Big Cass just doesn't have any potential for me as a singles guy. Because he's not above average at anything other than being tall. And I don't think that's going to be enough to save him in the long term, particularly when Vince is already busy pushing Corbin and Strowman for the same reason.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Jun 28, '17, 9:07 am

They are both done in quick order. I just don't understand this at all. Even if you wanted to push Cass as a singles guy, that's great, but use Enzo as his manager not by turning on him. It's not like it's hard to see Enzo's schtick working as a heel either, there's definitely flexibility for that gimmick.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Jul 04, '17, 8:48 am

Enzo's promo last night was incredible.

They will find something for him in the future. That kind of charisma you don't just throw away to the side.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 04, '17, 11:12 am

Messiah wrote:Enzo's promo last night was incredible.

They will find something for him in the future. That kind of charisma you don't just throw away to the side.

Yeah it was great, proving the criticism of him as one dimensional comedy are bogus.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 04, '17, 11:25 am

Great job by Enzo these past two weeks. Cass wasn't bad either. Lot's of emotion from both sides makes for a compelling story.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to WWE