It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 7:00 am

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt - The single worst feud of all time!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt - The single worst feud of all time!

Postby Headlesspete » May 01, '17, 9:36 am

So after watching the House of Horrors match last night, and what I have to prey is the end to this feud, can we establish that Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt has been the worst feud of all time?

First off, these two have had FOUR matches on Pay Per View. FOUR! One of them Bray won vie forfeit after Orton couldn’t compete due to an awful injury angle on the show by Bray (Backlash 2016) before then then had one of the weakest most plodding main events in Pay per View history (No Mercy 2016). They then stunk up the joint at WrestleMania 33, before outdoing all three matches combined and having the worst match I’ve ever seen in that House of Shit match.

I could rant for days about why that match was so bad last night, for various reasons, but the #1 reason was the fact I watched the show last night with a group of friends, 4 out of 6 of them hadn’t seen WWE since the Attitude Eras bar a few WrestleManias. They were pretty hesitant to really watch the show, but as each match progressed they really got into it, and forgetting that aspect of “fakeness” that can plague any returning wrestling fan. This match completely broke the illusion. They ripped it apart from beginning to end, and I actually felt ashamed to be a wrestling fan as I watched this shit unfold. They pretty much tuned out for the rest of the show, this match killing the vibe.

I’d also throw in here how much this story makes ZERO sense now that its finished.
- Why did Wyatt target Orton?
- Why did Orton align with Bray when the only reason he lost the first match was because of Harpers interference, not as Orton claimed “If you can’t beat them”.
- Why did Kane never seek revenge for Orton turning on him?
- Why did Harper never seek revenge on Orton for turning him against Bray, as he thought all along?
- Why did Orton choose to give up his title match with Brey, then change his mind? Why did Orton join him the first place? To break up “The Family”?. The “Family” was two people….and surely Orton just needed Kanes help to offset Harper if all he wanted was Brey one on one.
- Why did Rowen return to help Bray, but not help him in the House of Horrors match?
- How did Orton get to the arena before Brey last night?
- How did Orton even know where the House for the match was?
- Why did Orton no look like he’s had a fridge land on top of him by the time he got to the arena?
- And why was it DARK when Wyatt vs Orton were at the house, but LIGHT at the arena?
- Why wasn’t the WWE Title on the line in said match? Isn’t Wyatt owed a re-match?
- Wouldn’t Wyatt STILL be owed a re-match even more after beating the WWE champion?
- Why…..HOLY FUCK I ACTUALLY CAN’T GO ON! :banghead

I can’t think of a single feud WWE have ever run that can match this for worst. Its took up more TV time than most feuds are ever offered, was given the WWE Title to elevate it above others, was given 4 matches on Pay Per View to allow growth, and had two performers who should be able to give all this some meaning. Instead we got a silly, laughable mess that has left both men way worse off then when they started.

WORST. FEUD. EVER!

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt - The single worst feud of all time!

Postby Hanley! » May 01, '17, 4:38 pm

Not sure I'd call it the worst feud of all time, we've had some seriously strong contenders for that spot over the years. Seth Rollins vs Kane would be really high on my lists for that one.

It was awful though. I was surprised that there were a couple of people here that were quite high on the feud for a while, because I don't think it's ever been any good. But since just before Wrestlemania, I think everyone has turned against it because it really has become particularly awful.

Last night's climax was suitably disappointing as a way to end this garbage feud. Wyatt won the feud somehow, even though Orton is still the champion and Wyatt needed tons of help to get the job done. This feud somehow made both guys look worse than they did coming into the feud. That's a monumental failure.

People were interested in Orton's heel turn for a while there, but he never committed enough to the turn to actually get heat or to really contribute much to the story. And there was never a good reason for Orton to join the group really. The only thing that makes sense is that he wanted to separate Wyatt from Harper, which I guess he did. But then he didn't turn on Wyatt for a few weeks after that. Then once he did, suddenly Harper and Orton were tagging with each other, even though the only reason Harper was kicked out of the Wyatt Family was due to his inability to get on with Orton.

This is definitely going to be remembered as the worst feud of the year. A sequence of bad pay per view matches, two massively underwhelming WWE championship runs (around Wrestlemania no less), and some of the lamest, hokiest segments WWE have produced in ages ... this one had everything.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » May 01, '17, 4:39 pm

John Cena vs Kevin Federline [/endthread]

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » May 01, '17, 4:41 pm

The Legend wrote:John Cena vs Kevin Federline [/endthread]

At least they got some mainstream publicity out of that one.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » May 01, '17, 4:46 pm

At least that one was logically consistent. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Circled Square » May 01, '17, 5:18 pm

Wyatt and Orton working people into writing books about their feud damn how do they do it

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Daz » May 01, '17, 7:43 pm

Sad thing is, it was actually one of the better storylines they had going until a week before the Royal Rumble when everything started going to shit. Then it went completely off the rails when Orton became an arsonist and Wyatt learnt the art of video projection.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby KaiserGlider » May 01, '17, 10:24 pm

Headlesspete wrote:Why did Wyatt target Orton?

Because Sister Abigail told Bray that Orton wasn't strong enough to beat him so he would then decide to join the Wyatt Family, and since Orton has a history of being unpredictable that meant he could be trusted.

Why did Orton align with Bray when the only reason he lost the first match was because of Harpers interference, not as Orton claimed “If you can’t beat them”.

I believed you answered your own question. Orton lost a match against Bray, therefore he did not and could not beat Bray.

Why did Kane never seek revenge for Orton turning on him?

Because revenge is a dish best served cold, and since Kane is a creature of fire he was unable to exact his revenge on Bray. Classic Kane.

Why did Harper never seek revenge on Orton for turning him against Bray, as he thought all along

Did he? You don't know what Harper was thinking, nobody does. The burden of proof is on you to show that he thought Orton turned him against Bray.

Why did Orton choose to give up his title match with Brey, then change his mind?

Because Orton suffers from a mental disorder which makes him erratic and unpredictable. It was all very clearly explained in the buildup to his Wrestlemania match with Triple H a few years back.

Why did Orton join him the first place? To break up “The Family”?. The “Family” was two people….and surely Orton just needed Kanes help to offset Harper if all he wanted was Brey one on one.

Because the family was not two people, it was three. Did you forget about Sister Abigail?

Why did Rowen return to help Bray, but not help him in the House of Horrors match?

Because Bray didn't need his help; he won the part of the match that took place in the house. Rowan was probably lurking nearby and waiting for a signal, but after seeing what happened decided not to bother coming to the arena.

How did Orton get to the arena before Brey last night?

Because Orton has the ability to come #OUTOFNOWHERE, as seen in all the RKO vines. Please do some research before presenting an argument.

How did Orton even know where the House for the match was?

Have you been paying any attention to any of this at all? Orton was clearly driven to the house by someone who knew its location.

Why did Orton no look like he’s had a fridge land on top of him by the time he got to the arena?

We don't know how heavy that fridge was or what material it was made from. Therefore we cannot assume what Orton should have looked like after it fell on him.

And why was it DARK when Wyatt vs Orton were at the house, but LIGHT at the arena?

What are you even talking about? The PPV took place at night.

Why wasn’t the WWE Title on the line in said match? Isn’t Wyatt owed a re-match?

He was, but that contract became null and void when he was drafted to Raw. Duh.

Wouldn’t Wyatt STILL be owed a re-match even more after beating the WWE champion?

See above response.

Why…..HOLY FUCK I ACTUALLY CAN’T GO ON! :banghead

That's the problem. If you actually take the time to relax and look at what's happening, you'll come to the realization that this is a perfectly logical and character-driven story where everything makes perfect sense.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Everlong » May 03, '17, 1:17 am

I agree that it wasn't good, but worst of all time? There have been so many awful feuds over the years that I'm sure I could bame a few dozen worse ones if I spent some time on it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Headlesspete » May 03, '17, 7:01 am

Everlong wrote:I agree that it wasn't good, but worst of all time? There have been so many awful feuds over the years that I'm sure I could bame a few dozen worse ones if I spent some time on it.

Please. Do it.

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » May 03, '17, 9:03 am

JTG vs Shad was a feud. /thread

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Headlesspete » May 03, '17, 10:33 am

DBSoT wrote:JTG vs Shad was a feud. /thread

It had a logical beginning, middle and end. And while he didn't amount to much, it was a decent start for Shad to become a single star, and both men came out of it better than they started. So i don't see this beating Bray/Orton.

Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » May 03, '17, 12:00 pm

Everlong wrote:I agree that it wasn't good, but worst of all time? There have been so many awful feuds over the years that I'm sure I could name a few dozen worse ones if I spent some time on it.

A few dozen might be a stretch. I guess it depends on your criteria though.

I tend to place more focus on longer and more prominent feuds. Sure, there have been a ton of shitty, offensive wrestling feuds over the years. The sort of stuff that ends up in Wrestlecrap. Dawn Marie killing Torrie Wilson's father by having too much sex with him. Big Boss Man feeding Al Snow his own dog. Big Boss Man crashing Big Show's father's funeral. There are countless others. But these were short, pointless midcard filler feuds and not all that important in the grand scheme of things.

Wyatt vs Orton was a feud that lasted longer than six months, and involved the title. They even had a WWE championship match at Wrestlemania. It should be held to a higher standard as a result, due to the opportunity cost. That was an important spot that could have been given to something good. It's not as big a deal if a shitty midcard feud is just taking up a minor spot on the card.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Messiah » May 03, '17, 1:24 pm

John Cena vs The Rock main evented WrestleMania 29 for the WWE Championship in a feud where neither guy seemed to ever show up on Raw in the build-up.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby VaderBomb » May 04, '17, 9:54 am

Despite Kaiser's classic rebuttal, I agree with Pete that the Orton/Wyatt could possibly be the worst WWE Championship feud ever, at least in recent memory.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Return to WWE