It is currently: Apr 16, '24, 5:50 pm

Sasha and Bayley are bad

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Sasha and Bayley are bad

Postby prophet » Apr 25, '17, 2:05 pm

Alexa Bliss has been on RAW for two weeks and has made me see how bad they are.

Thank you Alexa.

Thank you.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Sasha and Bayley are bad

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 25, '17, 2:19 pm

Bad how? I don't think either one of them is a particularly good promo if that's what you mean. Alexa has them beat there.

They can wrestle circles around Alexa though.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Apr 25, '17, 2:48 pm

They are horribly booked on Raw, for sure.

I don't think Sasha has it in her to be a great baby face. Her promos have been really bad since she turned. It might be the scripting partially, as her character always comes off as a spoiled, unlikable brat. They try to make her come off as the cool girl, but there's nothing endearing about her as a result. But her performance probably has a lot to do with it too. As great as she was as a heel, it's not clicking for her as a face right now so maybe she should just flip back.

Bayley is an amazing face, but they've taken away a lot of what makes her work. Her friendship with Sasha means she rarely has to overcome huge odds. She didn't have to struggle too long to win the title. She's not as clean cut as she was on NXT. And the long promos aren't helping her either.

These two were two of my favourite wrestlers on the whole roster a year ago. I marked out for Sasha winning the title and Bayley making her pay per view debut. And of course, I fucking loved their NXT feud. So it's sad that they're just another part of the roster now. WWE's women's division has improved a lot, but it still has a ways to go.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 26, '17, 8:09 am

We should be glad we have women like this on the roster for real though. I've been watching some WWE shows from the Invasion and this was the women's involvement leading up to and after the Invasion PPV.

Raw before Invasion: Trish vs Torrie Wilson in an arm wrestling contest.

Invasion: Trish and Lita vs Torrie and Stacy in a bra and panties match

Raw after Invasion: Trish vs Torrie in a Paddle on a Pole Spanking match.

They've come a long way since 2001.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Apr 26, '17, 10:13 am

Man I think they're both great, but I guess I'm less informed. Bayley seems like a natural face.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Apr 26, '17, 10:23 am

Everlong wrote:Man I think they're both great, but I guess I'm less informed. Bayley seems like a natural face.

I think they're both great talents, and I'm a big supporter of both. But there's still a big difference between where they are now on Raw and how they came off on NXT.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Apr 28, '17, 8:21 am

Alexa doesn't look trans and has some charisma, shame she's such a womanlet though.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby prophet » May 01, '17, 5:06 pm

Yes.

YES.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Daz » May 01, '17, 7:44 pm

Are they bad, or do WWE just have lazy creative and shitty writers?

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Headlesspete » May 03, '17, 7:08 am

Sasha and Bayley aren't bad, they just aren't used in a way that makes the most of either of them.

Sasha should be a heel, and trying to push her as a face is awkward because her entire character screams heel. Her constant roughness in the ring, insults and lack of respect for others comes across so heelish, and WWE are wasting her by trying to force her to be a face. The sooner she turns on Bayley, the better.

Bayley has simply had a flawed character journey. The entire reason she got so over in NXT was because of her constant struggle to be on top. She spent years trying to be the top woman in NXT and the fans brought in every time she succeeded or failed on that journey. On Raw, she beat the Womans champion in her first night, and never really seemed to struggle since. I think she jumped the shark when she refused to hand back the Womans title after she won it under dubious circumstances. I have no idea how you fix her at this point.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Return to WWE