It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 1:09 pm

Jinder Mahal is the #1 contender for the WWE Championship, will main event Backlash

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Jinder Mahal is the #1 contender for the WWE Championship, will main event Backlash

Postby Messiah » Apr 18, '17, 7:44 pm

Raise your hand if you thought this was a joke thread.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Jinder Mahal is the #1 contender for the WWE Championship, will main event Backlash

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 18, '17, 8:12 pm

lmao. Can't hinder the Jinder.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Re: Jinder Mahal is the #1 contender for the WWE Championship, will main event Backlash

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 18, '17, 9:30 pm

This will rival Hardcore Holly's short lived run as a main event title challenger.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Circled Square » Apr 18, '17, 10:13 pm

Big muscles Jinder working the smarks again how does he do it.

Knew he was gonna get a push. Knocking out midgets and pissing clean, fuck. Jinder truly is our guy

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby PorkChop » Apr 19, '17, 1:34 am

Vince must be rewarding him for all the roids he's taken recently.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby prophet » Apr 19, '17, 4:37 am

Smackdown confirmed as the GOAT wrestling show.

Orton vs Jinder can DRAW, brother!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Apr 19, '17, 4:44 am

Jinder's "growth spurt" pays off. He's going to rival Great Khali for ridiculous main eventer status.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Apr 19, '17, 11:34 am

:facepalm

This is so dumb that it's kinda hard to be mad. This goes so far past that, into hilarious territory.

- To say Jinder isn't over would be an understatement. It's possible that literally nobody cares about him.
- This is the first match he's won in 8 months. He's literally a jobber.
- He's terrible in the ring.
- He's dangerous in the ring and just gave Balor a concussion last week.
- I don't think he's all that compelling as a character either, but we'll see in the next few weeks.

People are making the Hardcore Holly comparison, but he at least had some fans and picked up wins from time to time. He also had a personal vendetta against Lesnar so their feud made sense. Jinder Mahal is so far below Holly when it comes to bad title contenders. He's literally the worst #1 contender in the history of the company, at least for a paid show. Maybe in general.

That's bad all on its own, but the guy he's facing is Randy Orton. He's probably the coldest world champion they've had in years. People don't care that he's champion, he's not getting big responses and his title win was an afterthought at Wrestlemania. They don't need to be making this title reign any worse by giving him terrible challengers.

They can get away with shit like this every now and then these days because of the Network. But if they were still on PPV, I can say without any doubt that this would have done their worst number ever. It might be a good idea to push one of the other title matches as the Backlash main event.

Speaking of which, Styles and Owens - both world champions and the top acts of the company 3 months ago - are going to be facing off for the mid-card belt. And Jinder Mahal is in the main event.

At least he's got big muscles, I guess. :lol

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Apr 19, '17, 11:57 am

They HAD to have known people would shit all over this, right? This is insane.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Apr 19, '17, 12:16 pm

Terrible decision #1: Having your WWE title Wrestlemania rematch on a RAW PPV
Terrible decision #2: Whatever the hell a House of Horrors match is
Terrible decision #3: Having Bray announce the HoH match and not actually having a booking plan for what it is.
Terrible decision #4: Jinder being anywhere near a #1 contenders match
Terrible decision #5: Jinder winning said match
Terrible decision #6: Thinking the Bollywood Boyz are going to help Jinder in any way. They are one of the worst and most bland teams I have ever seen sign with WWE.
Terrible decision #7: Having the title match at a PPV and not on a random Smackdown.
Potential Terrible decision: Having Orton/Mahal main event over Styles/Owens(Jericho).

- Considering Smackdown's Tag division is trash right now and the women's division is slowly growing (most due to Charlotte), they really need a top flight mid-card and Main event. They have a great mid-card, but it is filled with the only possible main eventers to challenge Orton. Corbin, Ziggler, Zayn, and Harper are all 1000x better choices than Jinder Mahal.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Apr 19, '17, 12:37 pm

They probably made this match just because they don't want to beat Corbin yet. He would have made a half decent filler opponent for Orton, but then Corbin would have had to lose clean.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Apr 19, '17, 1:29 pm

Feel like I watched a totally different show. He got heat when he won and when he cut a promo, they boo'd more intensely each time he finished a sentence. When he started talking about Americans accepting diversity and got showered in boos, it felt like Muhammed Hassan all over again, who's easily one of the best heels they've had in fifteen years. Corbin is garbage, Ziggler is garbage, Zayn is alright I guess, Harper is the only one who really has main event potential imo. Really don't see the problem. I guarantee if a midget who wrestled death matches in Japan for forty years got the turbo push Mahal is getting, everyone would love it. I honestly think his shitty NXT run and lack of indie cred has the smarks mad more than anything else.

And the whole he's a jobber argument doesn't work for me, everyone is a jobber with the shitty 50/50 booking, who can you honestly say is built up well right now.

I say give Jinder a chance. India loves wrestling too so I see money in him if it works out.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby The Legend » Apr 19, '17, 1:35 pm

He didn't get heat. He got X-Pac heat because he sucks. Which probably was the point all along. They needed someone who the crowd would cheer Orton against.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Circled Square » Apr 19, '17, 1:42 pm

See I'd agree with the Xpac heat but they actually listened to his promo, which tells me he's got his foot in the door with the audience. I think he could sink into Xpac heat or swim into a genuine heel reaction, depends on how his next promo goes.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Messiah » Apr 19, '17, 2:41 pm

Mahal sucks.

I have no problem with them doing a filler opponent for Orton while Owens holds the US Title, Styles takes a break before inevitably returning to the title picture, and while they build up the stories/characters of Zayn (they seem to be trying to replicate his NXT build), Corbin, and Nakamura.

But they could have chosen someone way better than Mahal. Like Harper. Or even go with an underdog that every would root for even though they don't stand a chance like Dillinger or Woods (while Kofi is out with his kayfabe injury). They are trying to make Mahal important but he's just not good.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Apr 19, '17, 2:54 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTDJdsNDvtd/?hl=en

Jinder's traps :lol Just chicken breasts and shrugs, bro. Nothing to see here...

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Messiah » Apr 19, '17, 3:12 pm

I hate to accuse anyone of steroid use but it is definitely unlikely that Jinder is clean IMO. His muscle gain, especially at his age, is ridiculous. He might be clean since his return to the WWE but he was probably using while he was gone.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Apr 19, '17, 3:28 pm

Circled Square wrote:Feel like I watched a totally different show. He got heat when he won and when he cut a promo, they boo'd more intensely each time he finished a sentence. When he started talking about Americans accepting diversity and got showered in boos, it felt like Muhammed Hassan all over again, who's easily one of the best heels they've had in fifteen years. Corbin is garbage, Ziggler is garbage, Zayn is alright I guess, Harper is the only one who really has main event potential imo. Really don't see the problem. I guarantee if a midget who wrestled death matches in Japan for forty years got the turbo push Mahal is getting, everyone would love it. I honestly think his shitty NXT run and lack of indie cred has the smarks mad more than anything else.

And the whole he's a jobber argument doesn't work for me, everyone is a jobber with the shitty 50/50 booking, who can you honestly say is built up well right now.

I say give Jinder a chance. India loves wrestling too so I see money in him if it works out.
They booed him because they were upset that the WWE title is being wasted. He was a jobber originally, left, came back as a jobber and then somehow got a WWE title opportunity. It's just bad booking sense. If he had won a #1 contenders match for a mid-card title with the same interference, sure. Or if he was successful with his stable for a while and the numbers game was well established, sure. I could at least buy that for a month. However, it has been established that he couldn't beat mid-carders with Slater and McIntyre or Rusev helping him. I am supposed to believe the freaking Bollywood Boys are going to change that. He doesn't have 50-50 booking. He had 1-100 booking. He loses constantly and rarely has a competitive match. In WWE's continuity, Orton should squash Mahal like Lesnar squashed Orton.

Also, I wouldn't accept this even if it was an Indy talent. In fact, I would have been upset if Zayn had won and Zayn is way better than Jinder in talent and long term booking. He has beaten Owens, Miz, Jericho and Braun (kinda) all in the last 6 months. However, he hasn't been built enough yet to justify a main event push. There is also a reason that people are willing to accept an indy guy being pushed easier than a guy like Mahal. People have seen those Indy guys perform on a big stage and have seen them booked strong for years. They are know commodities. Whereas all we have seen from Jinder is jobbing. From the start of his career to 8:00pm yesterday. It makes me annoyed that Balor is getting rocket push with very little main roster backstory, so this stuff with Jinder makes me change the channel.

Payback has feuds between Braun/Reigns, Jericho/Owens, Hardys/Cesaro-Sheamus, Rollins/Joe and possibly Miz/Ambrose.

Backlash has feuds between Owen/AJ, Orton/Mahal, AA/Colons, Usos/? (maybe New Day), Charlotte/Naomi and Nakamura/Ziggler.

Now you tell me, which show was built to look better?

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby prophet » Apr 19, '17, 3:33 pm

I'm all for this troll booking and will support Jinder's rise to prominence.

"Pissing clean and being mean; that's what it's all about bitches" - Jinder Mahal, 2017.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Circled Square » Apr 19, '17, 4:09 pm

If it wasn't some shit jobber like Mahal it'd be an almost shit jobber, minus Harper, but he gets hurt a lot so I get it. Just don't think it's some fuck I'm changing the channel type move as a viewer. He's only 31, worked out (the sheer thought makes KO marks wince or scream roids) to stand out physically, I think he has potential on the mic with his character and posse, idk man. I'm seeing a future where people are like who's the best heel right now, and Mahal will come up, I can see him improving like The Miz when he's not treated like a jobber.

I doubt he wins anyway. I also think it's funny how he just knocked out Balor and gets put in a match with Orton who gets or got pissy at botches in the past, if he fucks Orton up lol goodbye

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Next

Return to WWE