It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 5:12 pm

How good can Nia Jax be?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

How good can Nia Jax be?

Postby Headlesspete » Apr 08, '17, 8:37 am

So obviously she's only been in WWE for about a year and a half (NXT taking up half of that time) and WWE clearly want to push her as a huge star in the womans division. She's already had a WrestleMania match and seems to be constantly beating everyone she's put against. My question is, can she be as good as WWE want her to be?

She's decent enough in the ring, but compared to the heights of Charlotte and Sasha she can often look lost, and she doesn't seem to have the presence of an Awesome Kong. That being said, she's not been around all that long when compared to others, so her room to grow into the role is there. And with such a large woman's roster, its nice to have the diversity that Jax brings.

So, where do you see her in the next year or two? Can she become the woman WWE want her to be, or will she become an afterthought as more woman pass her by?

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 61

Re: How good can Nia Jax be?

Postby Hanley! » Apr 08, '17, 11:52 am

I'm going to be harsh here. I don't think she'll ever be any good.

I could be proven wrong, and I hope to be proven wrong. Braun Strowman really turned things around in recent months. But he basically started his wrestling career on Raw - she's not as green as he is. Jax is new enough to the business, but has a lot more matches under her belt than Braun and I don't think she's made any improvements. Her best match was probably a title match she had against Bayley on NXT a year and a half ago, and that was maybe a 3* affair.

For some wrestlers, something just clicks at some point and they get a lot better very quickly. You see that happening in other sports too. I hope that's the way things go for Nia. But it's not looking likely at the moment.

The problem right now is that she doesn't have any strengths outside of being large. She's not good in the ring, she's not a good talker, and she's not charismatic at all. She doesn't do a good job of playing up that monster role. Part of me wonders if that might not be her fault though. WWE seem very focused on letting people know how beautiful she is, and I wonder if they're trying to prevent her from playing herself up as a monster as it could distract from that narrative.

I will say that if they find another large woman who is more talented and better at playing that monster role, then her spot is in real jeopardy.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Apr 08, '17, 12:54 pm

To me Nia Jax is the female Tyson Tomko.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 08, '17, 1:46 pm

The Legend wrote:To me Nia Jax is the female Tyson Tomko.

But can she give Christian a beat?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to WWE