It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:03 pm

Roster "shake up" next week.. who should go where?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Roster "shake up" next week.. who should go where?

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 04, '17, 1:22 pm

Vinnie Mac announced a "roster shake up" next week between Raw and Smackdown. They never called it a "draft" though. WWE.com has the official wording as this.

"The WWE Chairman will be granting both sides an opportunity to make trades, deals and other moves that they feel fit, according to WWE.com sources."

So I guess this means they might be able to work things differently than the "random draw" thing they've done before. Should be interesting.

Who do you think should be moved to which show? I'll start with some..

To RAW:

AJ Styles - I love him on Smackdown. But with his clashes with Shane, and Daniel Bryan having fired him on screen once, it makes sense for them to want him gone in a trade. He could have a potential Club reunion on Raw, and a potential Finn Balor feud.

Dean Ambrose - He'd have to lose the IC title for this to work before then. Moving him to Raw would mean they have Rollins, Ambrose, and Reigns on Raw as babyfaces at the same time. A Shield mini reunion could be what the doctor ordered to try and get Reigns cheered. Or even an Ambrose heel turn.

Luke Harper - His split from the Wyatts had him not being on the show and then losing to Bray clean. A chance to truly be on his own on Raw might be a good fit.

Dolph Ziggler - His heel turn has somehow given him less momentum on SD. Maybe moving to Raw and seeing some new opponents for him would work wonders?

To Smackdown Live:

The New Day - Haven't been doing a whole lot on Raw as of late. A move to SD would mean fresh match ups and SD's tag division could badly use a proven over team. More potential for singles pushes for them as well.

Sami Zayn - An obvious one, they've even teased this move before on Raw Stephanie saying she wasn't a fan of his and so on. SD would be a great place for him to move above mid card status.

Charlotte - I doubt this one happens. But with a potential Sasha heel turn and feud with Bayley, she won't be in the title picture and will be on secondary feud duty and there's really no faces for her to have a program with on Raw. On SD she and Becky could do some fun stuff.

Rusev - Doing nothing on Raw, still has loads of potential and no room to do it apparently. A move to the blue brand could be what it takes for him to reach that main event level.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Roster "shake up" next week.. who should go where?

Postby Hanley! » Apr 04, '17, 2:27 pm

This is easy: all of the tag teams to Raw and all of the tag teams to Smackdown.

Splitting the divisions in two was dumb. It's made the belts less important, and stunted the growth of the divisions which were starting to become a more prominent part of the show. Right now the Raw tag team division looks pretty good, but the Smackdown tag team division sucks. The Raw women's division is the same three women fighting each other over and over, and the Smackdown women's division are doing the best they can with a group of lesser stars.

It would be better for all concerned if they put one division on Raw and one on Smackdown. I'm not expecting it - certainly not this early into the brand split. But it's the right decision.

I'm glad that they're doing the shake up now. Things are starting to get a tad stale in terms of the available match-ups on both shows. But it's a really bad sign that they didn't even make it a full year without switching things up again. It's a pretty clear sign that this whole thing was a bad idea.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 04, '17, 3:34 pm

Smackdown--->Raw
AJ Styles=I'd love to see him back with his Club Brothers. And Finn. And to heel it up on Raw.
Ziggles=What else is there for him?
Slater=Let him reign supreme in the tag division homies.
Elssworth=Let him job it out in the tag division homies.
Mickie=Adds depth to Raw. I suppose.

Raw--->Smackdown
Enzo and Cass=Give a much needed boost to the ailing tag division.
Kofi Kingston=I just have a feeling they are going to split New Day. And Kofi will be the odd man out.
Sami Zayn=I would love to see him tear it up on Smackdown.
Roman Reigns=With Bray back down why not let Reigns reign on Smackdown?

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby prophet » Apr 05, '17, 12:50 pm

Sami Zayn, Charlotte and The New Day to Smackdown.

Apollo Crews, Kalisto, Mickie James and Randy Orton to RAW.

Yeah I prefer Smackdown and don't care for Orton.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 05, '17, 12:55 pm

prophet wrote:Yeah I prefer Smackdown and don't care for Orton.

Or having a world title apparently :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby The Legend » Apr 05, '17, 1:09 pm

So my ideal world would involve a few trades. First, trade the cruiserweights and RAW's women to SD in exchange for SD's tag teams.

Beyond that, here's a few things I'd do:

RAW to SD:
Big Show
Sami Zayn
Rusev
Titus O'Neal

SD to RAW:
Mojo Rawley
Baron Corbin
Dean Ambrose
Heath Slater

Big trade: Miz and Maryse for Braun Strowman. Both guys have been problems on their current show. It would make sense for each GM to want to get rid of them.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Apr 05, '17, 1:15 pm

Raw to Smackdown:
- New Day: Smackdown needs an established team with some mic skills. The New Day could work with The Usos
- Charlotte: She accomplished a ton on Raw and a change makes sense. Also this could be WWE's way of making her the first Woman to win both the Raw and SDL titles.
- Sami Zayn: Oh please let this happen. Matches with AJ Styles, Nakamura, Cena, Orton, etc Yes, Please!
- Kevin Owens (US Title): I see the mid-card titles flipping shows.
- Finn Balor: Just a hunch
- Cesaro: This will split Cesaro and Sheamus.

Smackdown to Raw:
- Luke Harper: He needs to move on from Bray altogether and establish himself.
- Baron Corbin: Ambrose and Corbin are having a title match on Raw. I see Corbin getting sent to Raw before the match. This adds some additional stakes to the match, as Ambrose would be fighting to keep the title on SDL.
- Alexa Bliss: With Charlotte going to SDL, Raw will need a heel that can cut a promo.
- Mickie James: Raw is going to need some faces if Banks turns heel.
- American Alpha: Them against The Revival would do wonders for both teams.
- John Cena: It would make for great TV to see him split from Nikki.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Messiah » Apr 10, '17, 7:40 pm

With Ambrose going to Raw, it seems obvious Owens will probably go to SmackDown. With Zayn almost certainly going there too, SmackDown could get really refreshing soon, especially if they continue with their strong booking.

Zayn, Owens, and Nakamura could/would make for a very entertaining main event picture.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 10, '17, 9:31 pm

Raw is over and unless I missed it, AJ didn't move to Raw. If Owens and Zayn both head to SD that's quite the group with Nakamura included, and Cena when he's around. Orton is still there too. Too many babyfaces though, unless last weeks teased AJ turn doesn't happen.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 11, '17, 11:41 am

Styles
Nakamura
Owens

Zayn is iffy as of now. I could see him staying on Raw but I pray he moves to SmackDown. Styles, Nakamura, Owens, and Zayn for a year on the same show with good booking? My lord. At the very least, we're talking EPIC matches.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Apr 11, '17, 1:41 pm

Yeah man, we could be looking at another situation like Smackdown circa 04-05, which just had some incredible wrestling on it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby prophet » Apr 11, '17, 3:52 pm

RAW took a pretty hefty chunk of Smackdown's top people so I'm hoping they do well tonight. Turn Smackdown into the 'wrestlers' show by bringing Zayn, Owens, Charlotte and The Club across and we're rolling.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Apr 11, '17, 4:02 pm

Miz & Maryse have been really good lately, and Alexa has been constantly improving. But I don't feel like Smackdown lost anyone that they can't easily do without. If they get a couple of top names from Raw, they'll have done very well out of this situation.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Apr 11, '17, 6:26 pm

SmackDown officially just got Owens and Zayn. Still probably going to get Charlotte and a couple of tag teams. When keeping in mind they are also keeping Styles AND got Nakamura last week, SmackDown comes out of this easily looking superior.

Losing Miz and Maryse sucks, but they are replaceable. I love Alexa, but Charlotte is a massive upgrade. And since I watch SmackDown (usually unless I don't have time) and only watch Youtube snippets of Raw, I'm happy Ambrose and Wyatt are gone. Ambrose is stale and needs to turn heel while Wyatt is just a drifting character with no real purpose.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 11, '17, 8:23 pm

Smackdown is really looking great. I kinda wish Raw got more people, especially in the women's division. Mickie and Alexa may be good additions, but it's still only two people in a division that had basically run out of fresh matches before the draft. Should have put all the women on one show.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 11, '17, 8:24 pm

Messiah wrote:SmackDown officially just got Owens and Zayn. Still probably going to get Charlotte and a couple of tag teams. When keeping in mind they are also keeping Styles AND got Nakamura last week, SmackDown comes out of this easily looking superior.

Losing Miz and Maryse sucks, but they are replaceable. I love Alexa, but Charlotte is a massive upgrade. And since I watch SmackDown (usually unless I don't have time) and only watch Youtube snippets of Raw, I'm happy Ambrose and Wyatt are gone. Ambrose is stale and needs to turn heel while Wyatt is just a drifting character with no real purpose.

I thought they phrased it saying whoever wins the Payback US title match between Owens and Jericho is on SD with the belt? Legit chance Jericho wins to me and Owens goes back to Raw.

I thought Smackdown made out pretty good. You add Owens and Zayn, Charlotte is the biggest star in the womens division, they added the New Day which are three over guys whatever you may feel about them. They also low key added Rusev, who is waiting for a chance to breakout. And they already just added Nakamura.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to WWE