It is currently: May 08, '24, 5:17 am

2017 Hall of Fame

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

2017 Hall of Fame

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 31, '17, 10:39 pm

Any fans of Kurt Angle's most memorable WWE segments will love his speech, he basically recreated all of them. He rapped, he sung, he even consumed a warm glass of milk!

Other notable moments include: Jim Cornette giving a hell of an introduction followed by a funny and short/sweet speech from the Rock and Roll Express, Teddy Long making references to his tag team match and DA UNDERTAKAH memes, and Roman Reigns getting booed hard every single time he was shown on screen. Fun night.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: 2017 Hall of Fame

Postby JDD » Apr 01, '17, 7:43 am

That was definatley the best HOF ceremony of all time. Cornette had a great speach, so did Teddy and Beth Phoenix. Tony Chimel coming out to do Edge's entrance was such a cool unexpected moment. I still miss Edge so much. Everything about Angle was amazing. Hearing his theme had me marking out like crazy, and him recreating those classic moments was one of the best HOF moments of all time. Overall a really good time. Glad they didnt cut anybody off.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby Kreashko » Apr 01, '17, 8:43 am

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 01, '17, 2:36 pm

It was definitely a good Hall of Fame show. Way too long though, it was pushing 4 hours! And that's not including the red carpet preshow. They have to try and somehow keep this thing under 3 hours.

I actually think I came away liking Beth Phoenix's speech the best. For someone who probably had the biggest amount of argument over whether she "deserved" it or not, her speech came off the most genuine and selfless. I liked her putting over all the Divas from that time period like Kelly Kelly and Eve, etc. With the amount of praise the Attitude Era divas like Trish and Lita seem to get, and the praise the Women's Revolution wrestlers have gotten, that era in between gets dumped on a lot and it's largely not their fault.

Cornette was great, the guy definitely knows how to talk and work a crowd.

DDP was cool as well, although it felt like his went on forever too.

Kurt's was probably short by design given how long the show had been to that point. But he worked in all his "greatest hits" and the milk bash was a fitting end.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Apr 01, '17, 3:49 pm

I've only watched Kurt's speech so far. I thought it was decent, but not a hugely memorable speech or anything. I imagine it was a ton of fun for the crowd though, as he recited all his catchphrases and famous songs and quotes. The milk celebration was a nice way to end the night too.

I'm looking forward to watching DDP and Jim Cornette. Glad to hear that Beth's speech went down well. I don't think she deserves to be in there really, but I didn't want fans to shit on her. And now we can at least say she made a positive contribution to the ceremony.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE