It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 8:40 am

Match Order and Time - Mania 33 edition

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Match Order and Time - Mania 33 edition

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 30, '17, 5:04 pm

Alright, it's that time of year. We don't need any predictions of winners here. Just the order of the Mania matches, and how much time you think each match should get. Let's go time from bell to bell not including entrances.

KICKOFF SHOW:

Andre the Giant Battle Royal (15 minutes)

Smackdown Women's Championship Match (15 Minutes)

Aries vs Neville Cruiserweight Championship (16 Minutes)

MANIA CARD:

Raw Tag Team Ladder Match (15 minutes)

Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin (8 minutes)

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon (17 minutes)

Raw Womens Championship 4 Way (16 minutes)

Triple H vs Seth Rollins Unsanctioned Match (24 minutes)

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs MIz and Maryse (14 minutes)

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho US Championship Match (20 minutes)

Roman Reigns vs Undertaker (18 minutes)

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton WWE Championship Match (18 minutes)

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar Universal Championship (12 minutes)

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Match Order and Time - Mania 33 edition

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 30, '17, 5:44 pm

KICKOFF SHOW:

Aries vs Neville Cruiserweight Championship (10-15 Minutes)

Smackdown Women's Championship Match (>10 Minutes)

Andre the Giant Battle Royal (10-15 minutes)

MANIA CARD:

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs MIz and Maryse (around 10 minutes)

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho US Championship Match (20 minutes)

Raw Tag Team Ladder Match (15-20 minutes)

Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin (>10 minutes)

Raw Womens Championship 4 Way (20+ minutes)

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon (15-20 minutes)

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar Universal Championship (>5 minutes)

Triple H vs Seth Rollins Unsanctioned Match (15+ minutes)

Roman Reigns vs Undertaker (20-25 minutes)

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton WWE Championship Match (20-25 minutes)

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Re: Match Order and Time - Mania 33 edition

Postby The Legend » Mar 30, '17, 6:32 pm

I was going to do a similar topic so I threw it in here, but added how I'd book the show if I were doing it. These aren't predictions, but what I'd do.
PRE-SHOW

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale: (12 minutes)
This match is in an interesting spot. Typically, it’s just a throw away to get a bunch of guys that don’t really belong on Mania a spot on the card to get the pay day. This year with Strowman, Ziggler and others it’s got a lot more possibilities. One of the others is where my focus is. Sami Zayn not getting a real match at Mania is probably the biggest letdown of the show, certainly one of the top ones. I’d have Zayn win by eliminating Strowman at the end of the match, then Strowman beat down Zayn, setting up a complete and satisfying end to their feud at Payback at the end of the month

Cruiserweight Title: Neville ( c ) vs Austin Aries (17 minutes)
I’d make this the main event of the pre-show and unofficial show starter for Mania. Let these guys really push the pace and get the crowd into it with a high flying, high impact, high energy cruiserweight classic. Neville and Aries can really showcase the division by not only flying around but playing to a harder hitting style as well. I’d have Aries beat Neville to begin a longer style feud between the two. It really feels like they are just getting started.

MAIN SHOW

Unsanctioned Match: Seth Rollins vs HHH (17 minutes)
So, I’d start the match off on an unconventional note. After the fast-paced wrestling action on the pre-show’s final match I’d start the show with the unsanctioned match to up the ante on the violence and brawling. I’d actually have them act like this match is supposed to be much later, have HHH in his office with security outside to keep Rollins away until the match, but Rollins gets the jump on security and barges into the office to start the fight back there. They then brawl their way out of backstage, through the crowd and to the ring where after months of HHH getting the best of Rollins, Seth takes him down.

SD Womens Title: Alexa Bliss ( c ) vs Mickie James vs Natalya vs Becky Lynch vs Carmella vs Naomi (10 minutes)
It’s a little hard to predict how this match will work out without knowing the stipulation for sure. I’ll go under the presumption that it’s some sort of gauntlet match. I’d have Naomi win the title in her hometown for a triumphant return and a quality Mania moment.

Shane McMahon vs AJ Styles (14 minutes)
This match doesn’t belong in a very prominent spot on the card, particularly lacking much of a stipulation. I’d have AJ wrestle circles around Shane for a few minutes, have Shane hit a big spot on AJ, then on a second attempt have AJ avoid a big spot and then finish Shane off quick.

US Championship: Chris Jericho ( c ) vs Kevin Owens (17 minutes)
This match should start quickly with Jericho getting the jump on Owens early, until Owens’ strength advantage takes over. Owens works him down methodically, getting his arrogant best as he works the crowd as much as Jericho. Jericho tries a comeback, but Owens reverses one of Jericho’s springboard moves into a pop up powerbomb and wins the title.

Ladder Match - RAW Tag Championship: The Club ( c ) vs Enzo and Cass vs Cesaro & Sheamus (20 minutes)
This one should be a standard tag ladder match spotfest and I think the combination of guys in this match could make it a classic. The title should change hands, but I’m a little torn on who should win. I actually think I’d go with Cesaro and Sheamus winning and crediting Mick Foley and continuing that portion of the story.

Intercontinental Championship: Dean Ambrose ( c ) vs Baron Corbin (5 minutes)
I struggle to care much at all about this match. In fact it’s probably my least interested match on the whole card. I guess I’d have Corbin attack Ambrose before the match and then manage a quick win.

WWE Championship: Bray Wyatt ( c ) vs Randy Orton (22 minutes)
Here’s where I would throw a big curveball and swerve that I think ultimately makes sense. Since this feud started Orton has had the upper hand, he’s been ahead of Bray ever since Wyatt won the title, which is really unfortunate for the championship and Wyatt. I’d change that here, have Wyatt win through some smoke and mirrors and some dirty tactics that will continue the feud.

RAW Womens Title: Bayley ( c ) vs Charlotte Flair vs Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax (25 minutes)
I would have left Nia out of this match so there was a logical contender for the winner coming out of Mania. Instead now, I’d have Sasha turn on Bayley and win the championship leading to a one on one feud between the two of them until someone new is ready to be a contender.

Undertaker vs Roman Reigns (14 minutes)
I’ll make this simple. After a physical match, I’d have Roman defeat Taker and then bloody him with a chair to retire the Dead Man for good.

John Cena/Nikki Bella vs Miz/Maryse Miz (12 minutes)
I’d have Cena beating Miz near the end of the match, Miz rakes Cena’s eyes and manages to tag in Maryse who flies off the handle at Nikki and earn the win. I’d have Miz brag while Cena was out and set up a one on one feud between the two on Cena’s return.

Universal Title: Goldberg ( c ) vs Brock Lesnar (14 minutes)
Brock beats Goldberg in a physical battle to regain the championship.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE