It is currently: May 22, '24, 12:20 pm

Should Roman Reigns beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Should Roman Reigns beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania?

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 13, '17, 11:18 pm

Roman is in full IDGAF mode. He says he's gonna retire The Undertaker.

How would you react if Roman defeats The Undertaker at Wrestlemania? Angry at Roman getting the Roman treatment again and being only the second man to pin The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, possibly setting up a Lesnar vs Reigns program for the title? Or do you hate The Undertaker even more and just want him to put Roman over and fuck off? Discuss.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Should Roman Reigns beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania?

Postby Everlong » Mar 14, '17, 7:27 am

I want, and will always want, Roman to lose, including in Wrestlemania matches against The Undertaker.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 14, '17, 7:31 am

Logic says Roman should win. But him winning will only pile more mountains of heat on the guy and ruin any tiny chance of getting over as a babyface. If he turns heel during or after the match I think it would make more sense.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Mar 14, '17, 8:41 am

I want Reigns to lose because I will take any glimmer of hope that he isn't Cena 2.0. It isn't even about him being deserving of his spot. No one should ever get pushed like Reigns and Cena have been. The entire roster gets sacrificed for one guy and the part timers.

Reigns is going to beat Taker at Mania and Lesnar at Summerslam. He will likely also beat Cena at WM 34. What is he going to do after that? He would have literally accomplished everything there is.

Accomplishments (based on my prediction):
4-time World Champ
US Champ
Tag Champ
Royal Rumble Winner/Runner-Up
Beat Taker at WM
Beat Lesnar - 1 of 3 people to do it
Beat Cena at WM - Cena's only losses at WM are to Randy Orton, The Miz (with Rock's help) and The Rock.

The only thing left for him is to break Cena/Flair's world title record. I personally will stop watching before that happens.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Mar 14, '17, 12:28 pm

I have a question for anyone that thinks Reigns is horrible and shouldn't beat Taker or win the title or be pushed as a main face. Who would you want to be the faces of RAW after Mania? Because from where I'm sitting you've got Seth Rollins, who is 10x worse as a face character than anything wrong with Roman, and the one story underdog Sami Zayn. I mean I really am not that interested in repeating the same story of Zayn vs Lesnar, Owens and Joe.

The only other option would be to strap a rocket to somebody else not ready like people think of Roman already, so why not just stick with him until a better option is available.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Mar 14, '17, 1:23 pm

Yes. Obviously.

I understand why people are frustrated with the Reigns situation. But Undertaker is old, dull and increasingly irrelevant. This might be his last Wrestlemania ever. We say that every year, but every year it's a little more likely and they've actually been hinting at it this time around. He gets nothing from a win. He should put the new guy over. That's just good business.

I do understand the argument for people leaving on top. It can at least make for a feel-good, memorable moment. But with Undertaker's lifeless persona and huge string of Wrestlemania successes, there'd be nothing memorable or interesting about him beating Reigns. It's not worth it.

The only decent reason to have Undertaker win is that he's more popular. Which is why Reigns should turn heel by winning. It's the logical option at this point. Fans don't like him and he's horrible in a face role. He always comes off best when he's being a beast and a dickhead. They should just embrace it. Because Reigns as a main event face will never work. Even if he ever gets good at playing the hero (which might never happen) fans will be too stubborn to accept him in the role after this amount of time. He's already got all the tools to be a great main event heel. Let him play that part.

If they're too stupid and lacking in common sense to turn Reigns heel, then ... well he should probably win anyway. Undertaker's on the way out, Reigns will be a major player for a decade. And at this point in their respective careers, he's better than Undertaker in basically every way.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Mar 14, '17, 3:31 pm

The Legend wrote:I have a question for anyone that thinks Reigns is horrible and shouldn't beat Taker or win the title or be pushed as a main face. Who would you want to be the faces of RAW after Mania? Because from where I'm sitting you've got Seth Rollins, who is 10x worse as a face character than anything wrong with Roman, and the one story underdog Sami Zayn. I mean I really am not that interested in repeating the same story of Zayn vs Lesnar, Owens and Joe.

The only other option would be to strap a rocket to somebody else not ready like people think of Roman already, so why not just stick with him until a better option is available.
For me, it isn't about Reigns being horrible or that he will beat Taker. It is that he is pushed so much more than any other full time wrestler. Him being the top face is fine, but WWE needs to learn to push multiple people. Based on booking, Reigns has no full time equal on the roster and for me that makes everything he does worthless. I can't enjoy anything he is in because it will always come off as forced. Those forced moments also invite the negative reactions he gets from the crowd. On Monday the crowd chanted "Thank You Strowman" after Braun took out Reigns. I had to change the channel because not only did the segment get Reigns the wrong reaction, it also got Braun the wrong reaction. That right there is my biggest issue. The way WWE book Reigns (previously Cena) invites the crowd to shit on everything. They know what they are doing, but continue to do it anyway. Then after the crowd does what was expected, the WWE insults them by pretending like it never happened. Vince and company constantly taunt a fanbase that is very loyal to them.

To answer your question about who the top face should be. I wouldn't have one. I would push multiple guys constantly. One guy beats HHH at Mania, a different one beats Taker, another beats Lesnar, another wins the Royal Rumble, another beats Goldberg, etc That would establish multiple guys at once. Instead we get Reigns doing all of the above and Rollins getting a midcard win over HHH. Even the guys who are supposed to be Reigns biggest foes have all lost to him clean (Rollins, Braun, Owens, Styles).

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby prophet » Mar 14, '17, 5:39 pm

I'd honestly be cool with Reigns squashing and retiring Taker so long as he fully turns heel in the process and like...decimates Taker with a chair after before smiling and leaving.

If they keep him face then no; I don't want to see him win any match ever.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 15, '17, 3:35 pm

With Strauman's intervention, could he be involved to make it a Triple Threat?

Good bump when Reigns got flattened by Strowman I have to say but shame they killed the latter to push a guy who hasn't been getting over. A triple threat would only get cheers for Strowman at the expense of Reigns so would guess they will go for one v one between Undertaker and Reigns with the latter displaying more heel tendencies throughout.

I'd hope a heel turn is forthcoming however Reigns will probably fade back into a face once the Taker program is over.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Kreashko » Mar 28, '17, 7:13 pm

Should he? No. Will he? I think so.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to WWE