It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:35 am

The New Day Are Hosting Wrestlemania 33

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The New Day Are Hosting Wrestlemania 33

Postby Hanley! » Feb 20, '17, 4:38 pm

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/33/article/new-day-to-host-wrestlemania-33

That's it - I'm out. Cancel this whole goddamn train wreck of a show. :lol

Fuck Wrestlemania, man. Why can't it just be May already?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: The New Day Are Hosting Wrestlemania 33

Postby The Legend » Feb 20, '17, 5:10 pm

Honestly, New Day hosting Mania is better than some old timer who hasn't freshened his gig since the 90's.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Feb 20, '17, 6:13 pm

The Legend wrote:Honestly, New Day hosting Mania is better than some old timer who hasn't freshened his gig since the 90's.

You know that nobody agrees with that sentiment more than I do. But when I really think it through, I can't help but come to two conclusions. The first is that the Rock or Hulk Hogan - as unnecessary as they are to wrestling in 2017 - could never even begin to cut a promo that was half as cringe as the ones we constantly get from the New Day. The second is that if New Day are the hosts, that means they likely won't be wrestling on the show. Which is the one bit they're actually kinda good at.

Seems like a bad decision to me.

But maybe the more important question is why the fuck do we need a host in the first place? There's been many entertaining Wrestlemanias that didn't have a host. If it's a role they want to use to give their big celebrity guest something to do, then I guess that's fair enough. But if they're shoving one of their own bad comedy acts into the role just to fill the spot, then why bother? What does it add exactly?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 20, '17, 11:37 pm

Vince absolutely loves the New Day. I don't hate this, as long as it doesn't turn into a 30 minute segment.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Feb 21, '17, 5:48 am

I can't help but smile when the New Day comes on. Are they very deep characters? No. Are they a little cheesy? Yes. But, they have this infectious aura that's just good, clean, fun. They have a great high energy and honestly if the show has a good intensity and excitement throughout the rest of Mania then the New Day will serve as a couple of good rest spots with some cheap laughs. If Mania doesn't have a good intensity and excitement throughout the rest of the show then that's why Mania will be bad, not because they decided to have New Day host.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Feb 21, '17, 3:49 pm

The Legend wrote:Are they a little cheesy?

No. They are definitely not a little cheesy. :P

I find all of their promos hideous. They're so obnoxious and cheesy and forced that maybe I might respond to them as a heel act, but I have no time for them as faces. So to me it's weird that so many fans still haven't turned on them. A five minute segment at Wrestlemania would be tolerable, but several segments with these guys actually could significantly impact my enjoyment of the show. I do find them that difficult to watch.

I can't listen to them say shit like "Booty Os: they make sure you're not booty" and "Booty Juice: it makes sure your throat is loose" without cringing so hard that it hurts my face.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Feb 21, '17, 5:28 pm

New Day hosting Wrestlemania definitely doesn't make me any more likely to tune in...

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Feb 23, '17, 9:18 am

I really don't see the issue with this. The fans enjoy them and their entire gimmick is that they are basically giant self promoters. This seems like the absolute best way of using them.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Feb 23, '17, 11:36 am

DBSoT wrote:I really don't see the issue with this.

It's only that they're horrible.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Feb 23, '17, 11:46 am

Hanley! wrote:
DBSoT wrote:I really don't see the issue with this.

It's only that they're horrible.

WHAT?!Image

How about those merch sales?Image

A good majority of people think that...Image

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Feb 23, '17, 12:01 pm

I feel like annoying memes do more to further my point if anything. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Feb 23, '17, 6:24 pm

Eh, I think it is worth giving a shot. We all thought Hogan hosting would be terrible and it gave us one of the best moments/visuals of all-time in a very entertaining segment.

Besides its a what, five hour show? That is a problem itself, but they'll need stuff to fill time.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » Feb 23, '17, 6:28 pm

Hanley! wrote:Fuck Wrestlemania, man. Why can't it just be May already?

Not saying it has been perfect. However, SmackDown and Raw have been great lately. SmackDown in particular has at least 3-4 good storylines running right now (Natayla/Nikki just finished up but that was great, Cena/Miz has a lot of potential, Wyatt/Harper/Orton, Bliss/Naomi, Corbin/Ambrose).

WrestleMania will be with its flaws, but I'm actually really looking forward to the show despite it. I've come to accept it at this point. Based off the quality of the weekly shows, I'm expecting a really strong show despite it. We still have the build to the aforementioned matches, not to mention Owens/Jericho and Bayley/Charlotte/Banks.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Return to WWE