It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 3:20 pm

Orton Refuses To Face Wyatt

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Orton Refuses To Face Wyatt

Postby JDD » Feb 14, '17, 10:05 pm

So on Smackdown tonight, after Bray defended his title in a triple threat with AJ and Cena, Randy Orton told Bray that he wont face him at Wrestlemania. Then on Talking Smack, Bryan said there will be a battle royal next week to determine who faces Bray at Wrestlemania.

I dont know who's going to be in the battle royal, but I think it makes the most sense to have Luke Harper be in it and win it. Maybe leading to a Bray/Harper/Orton triple threat at Mania where Bray and Orton beat up on Harper for most of the match until Orton finally turns on Bray and wins the belt.

How do you guys think this plays out? Will Orton turn on Bray sometime before Wrestlemania? Or will we end up with a triple threat, or something else entirely?

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 78

Re: Orton Refuses To Face Wyatt

Postby The Legend » Feb 15, '17, 5:56 am

Cena and Styles are the final two left in the ring and do a double elimination. Both get announced as Wyatt's opponents for Mania. Randy changes his mind the next week and makes it a fatal fourway that he says is to even the odds and make it easier for a Wyatt family member to retain the belt.

Orton then wins the belt at Mania. On SD in the following weeks Bray turns on Randy and tells him he didn't just want a Wyatt family member to win at Mania, but wanted it to be himself. Wyatt goes full heel on Orton and reveals himself as a self-serving manipulator that will even turn on his partners.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Feb 15, '17, 9:13 am

Sorry but I just can't understand how anyone can dislike this story. Maybe it's not perfect but it has been one of the best long term stories WWE has done in a LONG time, especially at WrestleMania season. I am so interested in seeing how this plays out.

And that main event on SmackDown was awesome. Everyone needs to watch it.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby DBSoT » Feb 15, '17, 9:45 am

Orton not choosing to fight Bray is the first time since the Wyatts' debut that I felt like Bray was a real cult leader. This is a case where someone actually sacrificed for him and showed immense loyalty. It actually makes his character seem very legit. I also like the battle royale idea. It adds the intrigue of there being a 3rd competitor for the title at Mania. There are also multiple options that could work. Harper is the most obvious choice since he is involved with both Bray and Orton. It would also be a great way to get Harper some momentum back after his loss to Orton at EC. Styles or Cena are also very good options for obvious reasons. Battle Royales on weekly television tend to be cluster****s, but get better as the competitors lessen. Once this match gets down to the final 4, it will really feel like anyone could win.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE