It is currently: May 14, '24, 2:34 pm

Fastlane main event: Kevin Owens vs Goldberg

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Fastlane main event: Kevin Owens vs Goldberg

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 06, '17, 10:38 pm

This match was set up on Raw and I figure it's one that will definitely generate discussion.

I see this going one of two ways. Goldberg squashes Owens, lots of people get pissed off and fan support for Goldberg takes a hit, OR Brock costs Goldberg the match. Either way, seems like it's gonna be a pretty brief match, which isn't good for a PPV main event. But on the other hand, Owens doesn't have anything else to do right now and Goldberg is a big star with huge momentum.

So, what do you think? Should this match be happening? Is Brock/Goldberg for the title going to be the main event of Wrestlemania?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Fastlane main event: Kevin Owens vs Goldberg

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Feb 07, '17, 12:59 am

It will most definitely be Lesnar/Goldberg for the title and there is one big reason why. To make Reigns go over Lesnar and win the title. AND ITS GOING TO SUCK!!!

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 119

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 07, '17, 6:18 am

With the way Rock-Cena II panned out with the former winning the strap from CM Punk at the Rumble, I would hazard a guess it will be something similiar again.

Or it could be Jericho costs Owens the match - as it seems he helped put him in it judging by the brief RAW recap I read - setting up their WM match as well.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby SlightlyJames » Feb 07, '17, 6:21 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Or it could be Jericho costs Owens the match - as it seems he helped put him in it judging by the brief RAW recap I read - setting up their WM match as well.

Seems their match has already been thrown out there. Wouldn't make much sense for Jericho to try and get the title off the guy he's wrestling, would be depriving himself of a title shot :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 07, '17, 12:26 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:Or it could be Jericho costs Owens the match - as it seems he helped put him in it judging by the brief RAW recap I read - setting up their WM match as well.

Seems their match has already been thrown out there. Wouldn't make much sense for Jericho to try and get the title off the guy he's wrestling, would be depriving himself of a title shot :lol

I'd have thought their match can be independent of any title on the line. My thinking was it'd be an inadvertent incident to make Owens lose to Goldberg and his title. Goldberg's matches so far have been short so possibly they may test out his stamina in this as a build up to Mania

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby DBSoT » Feb 07, '17, 1:02 pm

This is a terrible idea and only reaffirms people's opinion of WWE management. Owens will get squashed in under a minute and it will be embarrassing to watch. @CMPUNKFAN is right, this whole thing is set up for Reigns to get another accolade. Goldberg beats Owens at Fastlane, Lesnar beats Goldberg at WM, and Reigns beats Lesnar at Summerslam.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Feb 07, '17, 1:17 pm

DBSoT wrote:This is a terrible idea and only reaffirms people's opinion of WWE management. Owens will get squashed in under a minute and it will be embarrassing to watch. @CMPUNKFAN is right, this whole thing is set up for Reigns to get another accolade. Goldberg beats Owens at Fastlane, Lesnar beats Goldberg at WM, and Reigns beats Lesnar at Summerslam.

Its just to easy to figure this out and WWE still wonders why Reigns will never ever get over. Its such a joke.

Reigns is gonna beat Stroman at Fastlane, Undertaker at WM and Lesnar shortly after

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 07, '17, 2:25 pm

Jericho will make a mistake to cost Owens the championship. Lesnar wins the title at Mania.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Feb 07, '17, 2:45 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Jericho will make a mistake to cost Owens the championship. Lesnar wins the title at Mania.

Yep. It's all very predictable.

I don't really hate this match for Fast Lane. It's a new combination and a kind of interesting combination. I'm sure it'll make for a fun, short, smoke-and-mirrors match. But if I look at the larger picture, it's fitting into an overall direction that doesn't excite me at all. Pushing the old timers, positioning every regular main eventer as an undercard guy for the peak season, setting up Goldberg as unstoppable only to have him lose to Lesnar, to set up Lesnar as being a monster again only for him to lose to Reigns. Everything they're doing right now is so pedestrian.

And despite all the moving pieces that we've had over the last couple of months, they've made no progress in establishing a face that everyone actually likes that we can try and build the show around once the part timers fuck off again. The only people who are getting a strong push right now are Reigns, who's never going to be a popular babyface, and apparently every green big dude the company has.

I'm kinda looking forward to Wrestlemania being over at this point - maybe we'll start to build towards something a little more interesting in the new season.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE