It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 12:26 am

MAJOR Debut On The Raw After The Royal Rumble 2017

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

MAJOR Debut On The Raw After The Royal Rumble 2017

Postby Kreashko » Jan 30, '17, 10:20 pm

SAMOA JOE!!!

Joe debuted tonight on Raw attacking Seth Rollins on HHH's behalf. What's to become of this on the road to WrestleMania?

Sound your thoughts off below...

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 45

Re: MAJOR Debut On The Raw After The Royal Rumble 2017

Postby DBSoT » Jan 30, '17, 10:40 pm

It is great to see Joe on the main roster and it makes sense story wise. However, the fans completely ruined the debut. Their chants took me out of the moment and ruined the face/heel dynamic. I know this happens a lot, but it really bugged me tonight.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 31, '17, 12:08 am

That was a great debut, and it's awesome to see Joe being treated as an unstoppable, unstable force from the get-go.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby Daz » Jan 31, '17, 4:12 am

Joe vs. Rollins at Fastlane? I'd be ok with that.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby The Legend » Jan 31, '17, 6:04 am

So Samoa Joe is now supposed to be some corporate lackey that does the beckoning of his bosses? Clearly they don't expect people to know about his background and career.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Jan 31, '17, 10:05 am

The Legend wrote:So Samoa Joe is now supposed to be some corporate lackey that does the beckoning of his bosses? Clearly they don't expect people to know about his background and career.
Not to mention he is the sloppy 6th as HHH's "hand picked" guy. HHH picked Orton, Batista, Orton again, Rollins, Owens and now Joe. Is Bobby Roode next? I also am not sure how Joe fits in. If they do Joe vs Rollins at Fastlane, then does Joe lose his first PPV match? Doesn't this also mean Joe gets pushed to the side for HHH/Rollins at Mania?

Maybe Rollins recruits Balor to even the odds. Balor does have history with Joe, so it would make some sense. This also runs into the problem of explaining why Balor would betray the guy that got him into the WWE (HHH). I guess we will see, but WWE writing always makes me nervous.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Jan 31, '17, 12:57 pm

The Legend wrote:So Samoa Joe is now supposed to be some corporate lackey that does the beckoning of his bosses? Clearly they don't expect people to know about his background and career.

Fingers crossed that doesn't last for long. When you think about it, when Triple H gifted Owens the title the implication was that Owens was his new hand-picked guy to lead Raw. But since then Owens has had no relationship with Triple H or Stephanie McMahon at all really. It weirdly never became part of his gimmick.

I don't mind Joe playing the role of heavy for a little while anyway, provided it's done right. I liked the Shield's association with the Authority a few years back, because it always felt like they were mad dogs that were only half loyal to their bosses and who couldn't really be controlled. If they put Joe in a similar situation for a short while before letting him break off entirely on his own, then I'll be more than happy with that.

DBSoT wrote:I also am not sure how Joe fits in. If they do Joe vs Rollins at Fastlane, then does Joe lose his first PPV match? Doesn't this also mean Joe gets pushed to the side for HHH/Rollins at Mania?

This worries me more. It feels like the natural set-up now would be for Rollins to get through Joe to get to Triple H, and Joe shouldn't be losing his first pay per view match. Particularly given he's supposed to be seen as a dominant monster. If they do burn through Rollins/Joe at Fast Lane that also leaves Joe without anything to do for Wrestlemania. The best Wrestlemania opponents for him always seemed to be Styles or Cena, and they're both on Smackdown. Basically everyone on Raw already has a designated Wrestlemania opponent. Except maybe Balor, but we've seen that match more than enough on NXT already - that feud went on forever. I don't want to see it again yet.

I know it's never going to happen, but I'd be delighted at this point if they just went with Rollins/Joe for Wrestlemania and held off on the Triple H match until Summerslam. Or forever. Either way.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Jan 31, '17, 1:20 pm

Lets take a wait and see approach. The story they have been playing up the most lately is how Rollins, in a way, disrespected NXT by showing up in the middle of a Takeover event. Joe could very well be doing this simply as a way to defend NXT's honor.

This really threw me for a curve though. Not sure what all Joe could do on Raw since Joe/Rollins definitely won't happen at WrestleMania.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 31, '17, 5:41 pm

I have no idea where Joe fits in, maybe he just corners Triple H for his match with Rollins, I dunno. He could also be in the 6 or 7 man clusterfuck ladder match for the US title, maybe win it.

This Mania card is a mess right now, hardly anything seems set in stone at all. Which I guess could be a good thing if there is an air of unpredictability to things leading up to it. The only matches that seem set are Goldberg vs Brock, Rollins vs Triple H, and probably Undertaker vs Roman Reigns. Maybe Owens/Jericho too.

Cena is without an opponent, AJ is without an opponent. I don't think they face each other again. Orton will likely face Bray for the title, unless they add Cena to that match, or both of them for a four way.

I'll be honest, Orton vs Wyatt vs Cena vs AJ is a more interesting match to me than doing Orton vs Bray one on one, and having Cena face Corbin and AJ with Shane.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to WWE