It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 12:37 pm

They fucked it up again

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: They fucked it up again

Postby The Legend » Jan 30, '17, 6:10 am

Messiah wrote:Lol, Orton vs Cena is not happening.

Seriously, Orton vs Bray is the most obvious match ever. :lol

I disagree. I think Orton vs Bray is happening, but I think it will be at SummerSlam. They'll go with the angle that Orton wins the title as a part of the Wyatt Family until Orton goes on to have more success, more popularity and more spotlight than leader Bray Wyatt. Wyatt will then turn on Orton and move forward.

Outside of that let's say you are right. So they had Cena achieve a monumental career moment at the Rumble tying Ric Flair for world title reigns just to turn him into a transitional champion who is going to drop the belt to Bray at Elimination Chamber in two weeks. Why do that? Why not have Styles retain last night and then have Bray win the EC off of Styles?

I'm telling you Orton vs Cena for the belt and Wyatt vs Harper will happen and Hanley was right AJ Styles won't do anything of not at Mania.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 30, '17, 8:39 am

It's Orton and Bray and Reigns and Taker for sure I believe.

Orton is way too popular to be in the Wyatts. Every week on Smackdown Orton has a match or a tag match where he's getting big RKO chants and cheers while the others get virtually nothing. The crowd doesn't even see him as a heel at all. I predict Bray demands Orton prove his loyalty and hand over his Mania title shot to him, he eats an RKO, then Bray enters the Elimination Chamber and wins the belt and Orton challenges him.

Reigns and Taker has to be happening. From the elimination, to Taker sitting up and staring him down, to Reigns comment of "this is my yard now", and the commentators alluding to it not being over. That's too many coincidences, that's all orchestrated to be that way. I think it's a waste of Taker too be honest, and unless they turn Reigns heel for it, it'll be another nail in the coffin of his career.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 30, '17, 3:43 pm

I was under the impression Randy is a heel after aligning with Bray so like the Big Show, who has flip-flopped face/heel over the years in quick succession, Orton's back to a face to challenge Bray?

I would think they would do the slow turn from Randy which worked a treat in 2005 for Batista but this is a completely different dynamic so not so sure that'd be as captivating as 2005 was but still, they have to conjure up a engrossing story to build Bray v Orton for the title.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Messiah » Jan 30, '17, 3:48 pm

The Legend wrote:Outside of that let's say you are right. So they had Cena achieve a monumental career moment at the Rumble tying Ric Flair for world title reigns just to turn him into a transitional champion who is going to drop the belt to Bray at Elimination Chamber in two weeks. Why do that? Why not have Styles retain last night and then have Bray win the EC off of Styles?

They have had guys lose the title shortly after winning it since the beginning of time regardless of how much sense it makes.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby DBSoT » Jan 30, '17, 4:05 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:I was under the impression Randy is a heel after aligning with Bray so like the Big Show, who has flip-flopped face/heel over the years in quick succession, Orton's back to a face to challenge Bray?

I would think they would do the slow turn from Randy which worked a treat in 2005 for Batista but this is a completely different dynamic so not so sure that'd be as captivating as 2005 was but still, they have to conjure up a engrossing story to build Bray v Orton for the title.
This has been my thought as well. Even during the rumble, Orton didn't turn on Bray. He helped Bray throughout the match including taking out Luke Harper and at the end with Reigns. Orton has no reason to turn on Bray now. He won the rumble with his help and now has back up. They could go the other way with Bray turning on Orton, but Bray has never shown a willingness to attain titles. So why would he be jealous now? All the while, they have to figure out how to either add Cena to the mix or get the belt off Cena within the story.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Jan 30, '17, 4:10 pm

Messiah wrote:
The Legend wrote:Outside of that let's say you are right. So they had Cena achieve a monumental career moment at the Rumble tying Ric Flair for world title reigns just to turn him into a transitional champion who is going to drop the belt to Bray at Elimination Chamber in two weeks. Why do that? Why not have Styles retain last night and then have Bray win the EC off of Styles?

They have had guys lose the title shortly after winning it since the beginning of time regardless of how much sense it makes.

And it's a mistake. Which is what this thread is all about.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Jan 30, '17, 4:13 pm

The Legend wrote:
Messiah wrote:

And it's a mistake. Which is what this thread is all about.

And that's cool, but this whole discussion is centered around the fact that you believe Orton/Bray isn't going to happen.

I agree, Cena winning the title at the Rumble only to lose it two weeks later is dumb context considered.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Hanley! » Jan 30, '17, 4:51 pm

Part of me is wondering if they're not making a big deal out of Cena matching Flair's record because the reign is going to be short and because they're already planning on him winning his 17th before too long. So him breaking the record will be the story, rather than him matching the record.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Jan 31, '17, 1:54 pm

Hanley! wrote:Part of me is wondering if they're not making a big deal out of Cena matching Flair's record because the reign is going to be short and because they're already planning on him winning his 17th before too long. So him breaking the record will be the story, rather than him matching the record.

Yea, that is another sign to me that Cena probably isn't going to have a long reign.

If they don't do Orton-Wyatt-Cena, I'm actually thinking Cena-Miz is a big possibility. Miz is one of SmackDown's biggest names and he doesn't have anything on tap for WrestleMania right now. A match with Cena would make a lot of sense.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Previous

Return to WWE