It is currently: May 13, '24, 6:25 am

History Made at the Royal Rumble

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

History Made at the Royal Rumble

Postby Everlong » Jan 29, '17, 8:13 pm

John Cena, in beating AJ Styles, has tied Ric Flair's record of 16 world championships.

Thoughts?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: History Made at the Royal Rumble

Postby EmperorWu » Jan 29, '17, 8:14 pm

:angrysanta

Oh well. :lol

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby ShaneOfan » Jan 29, '17, 8:15 pm

Good for him. I get a lot of people don't love him. Mostly because he has been face for so long. But the guy is a damn good wrestler and a hell of an entertainer.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Kreashko » Jan 29, '17, 8:16 pm

I didn't want to see it happen tonight but damn that was a good match. :tim

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 30, '17, 6:16 am

Enough time for him to drop the belt and break the record at WM!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Hanley! » Jan 30, '17, 7:59 am

I don't have a problem with it.

I do think Cena has won too many world titles, but I don't have a problem with him breaking the record. If that makes sense. I'm always against booking for the sake of maintaining or creating records. The statistics should just be interesting tidbits to add on commentary and accent a story or a match. Nothing more. If it's time for a guy to win a title, don't keep it off him just so he doesn't beat a record. Or so the current champion can beat a record. That should never be the priority.

Cena has won too many world titles, but that's really just a consequence of bad booking from like 2009-2013 or that sort of era. But once he reached 15, it never really felt like he'd never hold another world title, or even that he shouldn't win another world title. It hadn't really reached that point yet. So yeah, it was probably the right decision for him to tie Flair's record here. And I imagine he's probably going to beat it too. He might not go any higher than 17, but I feel like he will get at least that far.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby DBSoT » Jan 30, '17, 8:07 am

There is still that part of me that hates a guy getting title after being off so long, but what a match/moment. Cena deserves this record. You really have to give him credit, he has done everything people have asked (minus turn heel).

Stop being super Cena (put over talent) - Lets Owens, Styles and Del Rio pin him clean.
Get out of the Main event - US Title open
Work on his wrestling - He is now one of the best they have

Now, him facing Orton at Mania for the WWE title. Not so much a fan of that, but the match should be pretty good.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to WWE