It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 8:26 am

Royal Rumble wishlist

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Royal Rumble wishlist

Postby The Legend » Jan 29, '17, 10:42 am

I seem to remember this thread last year. Was just wondering what different things people were hoping to have happen in the Rumble or what you are looking forward to tonight.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Royal Rumble wishlist

Postby Hanley! » Jan 29, '17, 12:15 pm

I've done one of these lists for the last few years, so here we go again. It's always fun to fantasy book the Rumble.

01. Someone new to win the Rumble. Not someone we've seen win it before.
02. Goldberg and Lesnar to be eliminated before the end of the match. I'd prefer they not be in the final four.
03. Samoe Joe debuts.
04. Sami Zayn puts in a Rumble iron man performance.
05. No surprise RVD please.
06. Whoever loses the WWE championship match to insert themselves into the match.
07. Tye Dillinger in at #10
08. Harper putting in a good performance, and some strong story development for the Wyatts.
09. Surprise appearance by Sid. It'd be a nice call back, if he's able for it.
10. 1 minute collision between all the huge wrestlers, but then immediately knock half of them out.
11. No commentators please.
12. Have a crazy spot where someone narrowly escapes elimination - but by someone other than Kofi.
13. Finn Balor comes in at #30 in full paint
14. Balor sets up feud with Undertaker by eliminating him.
15. Samoa Joe scores most eliminations

I need more than 3 of these to happen to beat my score from last year.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Jan 29, '17, 12:30 pm

^^^ Do you not want anyone commentating the match or just none of the commentators in the match? Either way I'm not sure you get your wish.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jan 29, '17, 12:43 pm

1. Jericho wins after Owens retains the championship earlier in the night.
2. Goldberg spears Lesnar out of the ring. Shortly there after Heyman causes Goldberg's elimination.
3. Wyatt Family breaks apart by eliminating each other.
4. HHH music hits at #30, but Rollins blindsides him on the ramp and steals his spot in the Rumble, nearly winning.
5. Braun Strowman eliminates a lot of guys including Show/Kane before being eliminated by Sami Zayn.
6. Cesaro and Shemus work together before brawling in the Rumble, Sheamus eliminates Cesaro.
7. Ziggler becomes the ironman of this year's Rumble.
8. Enzo and Cass work together early in the match and have a nice run that gets the crowd hot.
9. Purely comedic acts/moments in the Rumble is limited to 3 or less.
10. One of the world champions enters the match with the story that his show's GM came up with the idea he wins and challenges for the other world title, only to have a group of the rival show wrestlers work to eliminate him.
11. A continuous story gets woven leading to a winner that makes sense and easily establishes the main event story for Mania.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Jan 29, '17, 12:44 pm

The Legend wrote:^^^ Do you not want anyone commentating the match or just none of the commentators in the match? Either way I'm not sure you get your wish.

No commentators in the match.

In fairness, I think they actually dropped this spot last year. But they were doing it every year for a while before that, and it got so insufferable.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Jan 29, '17, 12:49 pm

Hanley! wrote:
The Legend wrote:^^^ Do you not want anyone commentating the match or just none of the commentators in the match? Either way I'm not sure you get your wish.

In fairness, I think they actually dropped this spot last year. But they were doing it every year for a while before that, and it got so insufferable.

JBL got sorta involved in an angle on RAW this week, wouldn't be shocked if he was in the Rumble briefly.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 29, '17, 1:06 pm

The Legend wrote:
Hanley! wrote:

JBL got sorta involved in an angle on RAW this week, wouldn't be shocked if he was in the Rumble briefly.

JBL has gotten into it with new heel Ziggler twice now. I expect him to maybe enter the Rumble and maybe eliminate Dolph, then Ziggler attacks him on SD. leading to a match.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Str8Shooter » Jan 29, '17, 1:09 pm

I'll try a few wishlist items.

1) A good, memorable Rumble. I thought last years was good but the few before that weren't great.
2) Samoa Joe debut and a good showing even if he doesn't win, similar to AJ last year.
3) Sami Zayn gets a good performance, and maybe the iron man in the match.
4) The entire match isn't Taker, Goldberg, Lesnar, and Strowman eliminating everyone. I fear this.
5) Orton doesn't win. His name has made the rounds and I think it's a mistake. The Wyatt thing doesn't need this.
6) Some fun surprise entrants that aren't the same old guys.
7) Kurt Angle, doubtful, but odds are better than a month ago.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Jan 29, '17, 4:33 pm

My single biggest wish, aside from a fun rumble, is that the winner is actually someone worthwhile and interesting. After having a few years of guys like Batista and reigns winning, we desperately need someone fresh and interesting.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby prophet » Jan 29, '17, 5:12 pm

1. The Miz enters first, coming out to Daniel Bryan's music.
2. The number 30 entrant is a surprise, I don't want to already know who the last person is
3. Tye Dillinger at 10
4. Tyler Bate enters and has a good showing, potentially eliminating someone decent

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Jan 29, '17, 5:19 pm

prophet wrote:2. The number 30 entrant is a surprise, I don't want to already know who the last person is

That's a good one. It's always annoying when you're waiting for the last person to come out and two minutes before he does you remember "oh shit, it's going to be the Big Show".

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby prophet » Jan 29, '17, 5:22 pm

Hanley! wrote:
prophet wrote:2. The number 30 entrant is a surprise, I don't want to already know who the last person is

That's a good one. It's always annoying when you're waiting for the last person to come out and two minutes before he does you remember "oh shit, it's going to be the Big Show".

BUT WHO COULD POSSIBLY ELIMINATE THE BIG SHOW?!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE