It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 5:49 am

Most unpredictable time?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Most unpredictable time?

Postby The Legend » Jan 18, '17, 5:00 am

So reading through posts here and elsewhere on the internet, is this the most unpredictable Mania season WWE has had in a long time? It seems like nobody knows who is going to win the Rumble, and outside of Lesnar/Goldberg there don't seem to be any matches set in stone, just a lot of rumors for a lot of different guys. I'm not saying whether it's good or bad, but a week out from the Rumble is this the hardest WrestleMania card to predict?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Most unpredictable time?

Postby DBSoT » Jan 18, '17, 10:59 am

It kind of tough to say. There have been some surprises in the past (for better or worse). It seems like this year could go many different ways. That could be from too much speculation from Wrestling sites. Those sites throw out articles every time Metzler speaks. This could also be WWE finally figuring out how to manipulate the information.

Unpredictability can be a very good thing, if it leads to surprises that people want to see. However, if changes are made just for the sake of change, than it comes off forced. I personally like some predictability. As long as it comes from months of proper build up. A match like Goldberg vs Brock is very predictable, but it works because it has been built for a while. Cena vs AJ Styles at Mania works for the same reason. That is why I fear WWE is going to end that feud at Elimination Chamber. It may make their matches at Mania unpredictable, but it also takes away from what happened for the past year.

Predictable Matches:
Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg - Makes sense with the build
Big Show vs Shaq - Random celebrity match. Unnecessary, but obvious.
HHH vs Seth - Very predictable, but the build has been horrible.
New Day vs Cesaro/Sheamus vs the Club - Not obvious to everyone, but pretty obvious to me.
Orton vs Wyatt - This has had a good build. A good unpredictable move would be to make it a triple threat with Harper.

Unpredictable (possible) Matches:
John Cena vs AJ Styles (C) - WWE finally has a match at Mania that makes sense for Cena to win.
John Cena vs Taker - Icon vs Icon. It doesn't even need the long build Rock/Cena had.
Taker vs Roman Reigns - Might as well have Reigns accomplish everything.
AJ Styles vs Shane - I really hope this doesn't happen. What a waste of Styles talent.
Samoa Joe - Just Samoa Joe getting a match against a high mid-card/main eventer would be unpredictable and awesome.
American Alpha - I honestly have no idea who they will face. Probably the Usos.
Shinsuke Nakamura - See Samoa Joe.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby Messiah » Jan 18, '17, 8:19 pm

Relative to most WrestleMania, which is predictable in nature because it is supposed to be the conclusion of many story arcs, its definitely the most unpredictable I have seen in awhile.

Lesnar/Goldberg
HHH/Rollins
Shaq/Show
Orton/Wyatt

Those are the only matches for sure happening. Cena, Styles, Undertaker, Reigns, Owens, Jericho (assuming he's staying), and Miz are the main players in television programming without anything certain yet. I guess you can throw Ambrose in there but I think he's clearly lower than those guys in regards to their status right now; he is on that Ziggler level.

It's near impossible to be certain about what any of those guys will be doing, which is really cool. Royal Rumble will give us some direction.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 18, '17, 9:36 pm

I wouldn't say the Wrestlemania card is unpredictable, but I'd say this is the most unpredictable and well-built Royal Rumble in a long time. I haven't looked at rumors/dirtsheets, but there's a lot of different directions they could go with in terms of the winner, and I like that this many people have been built up as credible winners compared to the one or two we usually see each year. Between Goldberg/Lesnar/Taker in the match, Cena/Styles III, Charlotte/Baylay, Roode/Nakamura the same weekend and Angle on the way back, I'd say the road to Wrestlemania is getting off to a great start this year.

provided they don't pull a Batista again to promote Guardians of the Galaxy 2

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE