It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 3:18 am

prophet watches RAW

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

prophet watches RAW

Postby prophet » Jan 03, '17, 1:29 pm

Okay so I'm going to watch my first entire episodes of RAW and Smackdown in about a year and a half. I've been picking and choosing what to check out on YouTube but I'm finally gonna sit and give it a go because I want to be clued up for the Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania. I'll probably just steal What Culture's thumbs up/thumbs down policy of rating things and tally them up at the end. Wish me luck. (Don't expect good writing I'm literally just jotting down my thoughts as the show goes on)

Opening promo is meh. How is RAW still opening with a half hour promo involving Steph/Authority figures? I feel like nothing has changed so this doesn't bode well. Owens and Jericho have been great comedy value from what I've seen but are they capable of being serious? They just both seemed whiny and annoying. :(

Right so I was pumped to see Rollins/Owens and it was...alright, nothing more. I liked that the match had something at stake as it gives me a reason to care. Owens getting DQ'd was just bizarre. It made him look stupid. This now means Owens, the world champion, has been made to like like a whiner and an idiot. Not good. :(

Cesaro vs Anderson was good. Big win for The Club and a nice way to get them heat in the process, hopefully we get more of the same from them. None of this garbage they've had to work with previously. Sheamus did a nice job on commentary pointing out that when he and Cesaro are on the same page they're unstoppable. I like Sheamus and Cesaro as a team. :D

Braun Strowman vs Sami Zayn was great. It made Strowman continue to look like a beast and made Sami look good in defeat. I like this feud. Braun is arguably the best booked 'monster heel' in the last decade - he impressed me. This is all great for Sami as well, he's ready to inherit the lovable underdog mantra from Daniel Bryan and stories like this are the way to do it. HOPEFULLY he's off TV now until the Rumble where he'll return to help eliminate Braun; that'd be cool. :D

Titus O'Neal is still doing stuff. Ok. He was actually pretty funny here but the whole thing with The New Day was meh and I don't care about anyone involved. :(

I'm not commenting on any Cruiserweight because I literally could not care less about anyone involved. Sorry Neville. :(

I enjoyed Reigns vs Jericho. Good stuff. :D

Poor Rusev having to work with the likes of Jinder Mahal. He's far better than any of this Enzo and Cass rubbish and should be in a better position on the card. This entire feud is fucking stupid as well. It started because Rusev took offence at a naked Enzo flirting with his wife - what's wrong with that? That doesn't make him a bad guy does it? Ohhhh wait it gets dumber because in order to teach Enzo a lesson about not flirting with another man's wife I'm pretty sure he had Lana seduce Enzo back to a hotel room to do so. Fucking dumb. I've no idea what Jinder Mahal has to do with any of this and I sort of zoned out here tbh. :(

If Bayley is the new number one contender she would've benefitted from looking strong here. Instead she was manhandled until Sasha provided the distraction. So how am I to believe Bayley is ready to dethrone Charlotte? Bad start to the feud but I love me some Bayley and I'm ready for the long underdog train to 'Mania. :(

I was surprised by how excited I was to see Goldberg and liked his interaction with Jericho. It was good to see Owens stand up for himself for once but Goldberg sort of no-sold it by interrupting him. Reigns is blah and I fucking hope he doesn't beat Owens at the PPV. I didn't see the need to bring Strowman out and have him take a beating. Didn't make sense to do that. Oh yeah and Heyman was his usual self. Fun segment nonetheless. :D

:D = 4
:( = 6

Not a great start. Bang average show really HOWEVER...I am going to tune in next week to see if they do better.

Look out for my review of Smackdown tomorrow as well if you like.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: prophet watches RAW

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 03, '17, 2:17 pm

After many years I watched RAW as well*

*Well, OK, the last segment I watched live! Was channel hopping for the previous three hours as nothing was sufficient to keep my attention for a prolonged period.

Personally, the Goldberg segment seemed anti-climactic and not sure Heyman was really needed but you can understand the reasoning for it all. Good to hear it confirmed Goldberg and Lesnar will be the first two in at the Rumble which builds anticipation rather than dragging it out until the end for their participation. I didn't watch the whole show but 3 hours is too long, unless you're a WWE fanatic.

Undertaker announced for RAW which I imagine will be to confirm his entry for the Rumble. He could nab the 30 spot without having to fight for it and Cena wins at Rumble to set up their title match.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Return to WWE