It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 10:45 am

Let's book Mania!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Let's book Mania!

Postby Str8Shooter » Dec 15, '16, 6:33 pm

It"s nearly the end of the year, and the official Road to WrestleMania is inching closer and closer. I figure the Mania card is probably starting to come into shape for real, so maybe people can share their cards here. I came up with one because I"m a big loser who thinks too much about wrestling :P . I tried to keep it realistic as something that WWE might actually do.

WrestleMania 33:

Bill Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar:

This one is easy, we pretty much know this is happening at Mania. They'll interact in the Rumble and likely cause each others elimination. We'll see how this goes, I expect it to be an actual match this time and I also expect Brock to win it and send Goldberg on his way into retirement.

The Undertaker vs John Cena:

I think this is the match that they wanted to do last year until Cena's injury and the return of Shane. This year hopefully both guys stay healthy and we see it. Probably the two biggest stars the company has right now all told. Cena has done it all and wants to beat Taker and then go for his 16th title to cap his career.

Seth Rollins vs Triple H:

Seth continues to talk about wanting to fight Triple H and get revenge and I doubt he's doing that for nothing. I think Trips will make an appearance pretty soon and things will escalate. Hopefully Rollins/HHH is a better match than his Shield compatriot Reigns last year and I think it will.

Kevin Owens (c) vs Chris Jericho vs Finn Balor - WWE Universal Championship

The Owens/Jericho breakup and feud will really kickstart soon most likely, and given how long they've built it I think it has the legs they might be able to take it to Mania. I added Finn to the match because he could be ready to come back around then and they could easily add him on the premise he never lost the title.

AJ Styles (c) vs Samoa Joe - WWE World Championship

This is me fantasy booking lol. But I figure there aren't many potential challengers for AJ that would be any sort of interesting match unless Cena goes here. I think Joe will be on the main roster by then and he'll be on SD, so I'll say they rekindle their TNA rivalry which would be pretty crazy to see on this kind of stage.

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks (c) vs Bayley - WWE Raw Women's Championship

I fought with this being a singles match and it might be. I just can't see how Charlotte isn't in this match somehow given how high on her they are. I'll say all of them are in and hopefully we can get a badass match from the three.

Nikki Bella (c) vs Becky Lynch - WWE Smackdown Women's Championship

I love Alexa but I don't see her still being champion here. I think Nikki takes it off of her and we get a one on one with the two biggest female stars on the SD roster.

Braun Stroman (c) vs Roman Reigns - WWE United States Championship

I think there's a solid chance Roman is in the title picture somehow and it's hard to see him being this far down the card. But I"ll say Braun takes the title off of Reigns and then Roman gets the chance to win it back here and give Braun his first loss ever at Mania no less, still a pretty big moment for him without overexposing him at Mania again.

The Miz (c) vs Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin vs Kalisto vs Dolph Ziggler vs Apollo Crews vs Luke Harper- IC Title Ladder match

Random ladder match with a bunch of people involved. I could have just done Miz vs Dean 1 on 1 but I don't see them doing that when they're already feuding on SD right now in December. So add a few more guys and do the big spot ladder match they love to do. Apollo and Corbin get the chance to impress with the vets too.

New Day vs Enzo & Cass vs The Club vs Cesaro & Sheamus - Raw Tag Team Championship

It's Mania, we got to get a lot of people on the card and the lower card is where to do it. This is the bulk of Raw's tag division and could be a fun little sprint. I don't think New Day are champs here it'll probably be one of the other teams though. I could substitute The Revival in here if they debut by then and one of these other teams like Cesaro/Sheamus or New Day have split.

Randy Orton & Bray Wyatt (c) vs American Alpha - Smackdown Tag Team Championship

I'll say Bray and Orton retain until Mania and have a good solid run. Build up Alpha for the big payoff with them being the ones to take the straps off of the Wyatts. It could be a real launching pad for Alpha to beat two established singles stars for their first titles.

PRE SHOW:

Rich Swann (c) vs Brian Kendrick vs TJ Perkins vs Gran Metalik vs Jack Gallagher vs Cedric Alexander - WWE Cruiserweight Championship

The cruiserweight division has struggled and I don't see it changing enough by Mania to get them off the preshow unfortunately. I'll say they try and squeeze a bunch of guys in here for a six pack challenge and hopefully we see a fun sprint where they all get a chance to impress.

Everyone else - Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale:

The annual tradition for people we can't fit onto the show in a proper match. I'll give Rusev the win here as I feel bad for not being able to fit him in anywhere else even though he deserves it.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Let's book Mania!

Postby The Legend » Dec 16, '16, 10:12 am

Here's my guess at the card, in order of how I think they'd put them on as well:

PRE-SHOW:

RAW Tag Championship – New Day vs The Club vs Enzo and Cass ( c ): God the RAW tag division needs fresh blood so badly and not damaged fresh blood, but real believable fresh blood. The New Day make it almost impossible to come up with an interesting feud at this point. The Club win and change the tone of a division that needs the tone to change desperately.

Smackdown Women’s Championship – Nikki Bella ( c ) vs Natalya: They seem to be going slow burn on this feud that will happen, I’ll say Nikki takes the belt off Alexa at the Rumble and that opens the door for the big reveal that Natalya attacked Nikki before Survivor Series. Natalya wins, getting the big Mania moment that her career deserves.

Brand Warfare – Rusev vs Dean Ambrose: Two guys that I’m not really sure what they do at Mania on their own brand, so a brand war match makes sense. Both guys deserve to be on the card. Ambrose wins.

MAIN SHOW:

Cruiserweight Championship Battle Royale – So the Cruiserweight Division has potential, but they’ve failed to connect with a real reason to care at this point. It’s hard to believe that the only feud they’ve tried to build will still be going on, so predicting the division gets difficult, but I think the big problem is exposure and lack of star power. A battle royale could help with exposure and a surprise contender like Neville would give the division more credibility. I’d have Neville walk out the CW champion.

US Championship – Roman Reigns ( c ) vs Braun Strowman: After Strowman and Zayn are done with their dealings Strowman can be built into contending for his first championship. There really aren’t many other people left for Reigns to fight so this one comes together with two bulls ready to go at it. Have Strowman pick up the win and his first championship to really try to go somewhere with him.

Smackdown Tag Championship – Wyatt Family ( c ) vs American Alpha: American Alpha get their big breakthrough moment and defeat the Wyatt Family as the last team left that can take down the monsters.

Intercontinental Championship – The Miz ( c ) vs Apollo Crews: Miz is brilliant, he deserves to be on the biggest show of the year and the IC Championship belongs as well, but try to find him a real contender on the SD roster. It’s hard. Crews can be built up enough to make this credible, maybe do something in the Rumble to start this feud off.

Seth Rollins vs HHH: This one seems pretty apparent. They’ve been building to this story on the back burner for a while now, I imagine in the new year heat will pick up. Rollins picks up the win.

Falls Count Anywhere – Cesaro vs Sheamus: The New Day have now held the longest reign. It’s time for something new, I’d have Sheamus and Cesaro win the belts on Sunday and carry them for a bit and seem to be working fine, then they eliminate each other in the Rumble, turmoil causes them to drop the belts at the RAW February PPV and then they carry a feud into Mania. Let them brawl like crazy and have Cesaro pick up the win.

Heavyweight Championship – AJ Styles ( c ) vs Dolph Ziggler: Ziggler wins the Rumble and goes on to defeat Styles at Mania in a real breakthrough moment story.

Final Encounter – Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg: Another one that is all but guaranteed. Brock finally gets the victory over Goldberg in their final faceoff.

RAW Women’s Championship – Sasha Banks ( c ) vs Nia Jax: Not the most specifically ideal women’s championship match, but after they’ve burned through Sasha vs Charlotte they have to go somewhere. Sasha is uniquely talented as the perfect person to take on Jax, she can play vulnerable, but also is a fierce ass kicker as well. The type of person that get a solid or better match out of these circumstances. Sasha retains.

Legend vs Legend – John Cena vs Undertaker: About the only thing Cena hasn’t done yet is beat Taker at Mania. He does that here and sends the Deadman into retirement.

Universal Championship – Kevin Owens ( c ) vs Jericho vs Sami Zayn: I found Mick Foley’s comments about giving Zayn a chance at any championship to be a bit of foreshadowing. I think he’s the best face to be built into position to go after the RAW championship considering the other matches on the card. Zayn survives 10 minutes at Road Block, but doesn’t win, Strowman eliminates Zayn in the Rumble and then Zayn finally beats Strowman in February to clear the path to the championship. Jericho gets thrown in as they finally break up that partnership and we get what would be one of the more interesting triple threat dynamics with three guys that will all definitely belong. Zayn gets the belt.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Dec 28, '16, 1:45 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:AJ Styles (c) vs Samoa Joe - WWE World Championship

This is me fantasy booking lol. But I figure there aren't many potential challengers for AJ that would be any sort of interesting match unless Cena goes here. I think Joe will be on the main roster by then and he'll be on SD, so I'll say they rekindle their TNA rivalry which would be pretty crazy to see on this kind of stage.

What are the actual chances of this happening? This seems like a "never in a million years" sort of scenario to me, but I'd watch the shit out of it :lol

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Dec 28, '16, 5:57 pm

Everlong wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:AJ Styles (c) vs Samoa Joe - WWE World Championship

What are the actual chances of this happening? This seems like a "never in a million years" sort of scenario to me, but I'd watch the shit out of it :lol

I don't think it's probable but I wouldn't rule it out. Just based on Smackdown being light on top babyfaces if Cena is facing Taker. I mean there's basically just Ambrose and Ziggler and he's faced both of them.

And Joe lost his feud to Nakamura in NXT and there probably isn't much more for him to do down there.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Dec 28, '16, 6:22 pm

I think Joe coming up to main roster is relatively likely after the Royal Rumble. Him getting a singles match at Wrestlemania is optimistic though. It could happen and I hope it does, but don't bet on it. Him getting a title match at Wrestlemania is not something that's going to happen. Though I'd watch the shit out of it, obviously.

Between all the old-timer matches, the limitations of the brand split, and the lack of almost any compelling babyfaces right now, this year's Wrestlemania could be even worse than Wrestlemania 32.

I feel like Brett's post is the most optimistic view of the card that's even slightly plausible, and even that one doesn't excite me that much. With Joe vs Styles for the title, I'd definitely watch the show, but I wouldn't be massively excited for it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 28, '16, 10:34 pm

Last year's Mania was way more limited than this year's due to all the injuries. Even we were having trouble fantasy booking a good card that was realistic at the time.

I think it's going to be hard for this year's Mania to be worse than last year's, and this is coming from someone who actually (gasp) enjoyed Wrestlemania 32. The star power is a lot greater this year, many long-term stories are potentially coming to an end, and no Roman Reigns in the main event causing people to bitch and forget about anything good that happened. Goldberg/Lesnar and Taker/Cena, even Jericho/Owens already feel like bigger deals than any match on last year's card.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby DBSoT » Dec 29, '16, 8:54 am

Bill Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar:
It is written and it is known.

Seth Rollins vs Triple H:
Should be a hell of a match.

Kevin Owens (c) vs Chris Jericho vs Finn Balor - WWE Universal Championship:
Finn wins the Royal Rumble.

AJ Styles (c) vs Undertaker vs John Cena - WWE Championship:
AJ beats Cena (not clean) at the Royal Rumble. They have a #1 contenders Elimination Chamber which Cena wins. Taker comes back the following SD and says he wants one last shot. AJ complains that part-timers get all these shots for no reason. He wants the match to be if Taker loses he is done forever. He goes on and says he has beaten Cena 3 times in a row. If Cena wants a shot he has to put something up for it. If Cena loses he never gets a title shot again. Essentially making it impossible for Cena to break Flair's record. Cena wins the match.

Charlotte (C) vs Sasha Banks vs Bayley - WWE Raw Women's Championship:
Some how they are going to add another stipulation. No idea what, but they have been doing it all year. Bayley wins her first title and gets a big response.

Alexa Bliss (c) vs Becky Lynch vs Nikki Bella vs Mickie James WWE Smackdown Women's Championship

Braun Stroman (c) vs Roman Reigns - WWE United States Championship:
Power vs power. I would have Braun go over here, but WWE won't.

The Miz (c) vs Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler- IC Title Ladder match:
This one is easy. All three men have had great feuds with each other over the past year. They all have realistic reason to dislike each other. Dean wins and Miz moves up to the main event.

New Day vs The Club vs Cesaro & Sheamus (C) - Raw Tag Team Championship:
The Club finally gets their big win. New Day goes their separate ways after mania. Post-mania Sheamus and Cesaro enter back into their feud.

American Alpha (C) vs The Usos - Smackdown Tag Team Championship:
Originally I had the Wyatts and Orton in this match, but they are headed for a split. AA gets to defend their titles against their biggest adversaries so far. I would also be happy with a debuting Revival add for a triple threat.

PRE SHOW:

Neville (c) vs Brian Kendrick vs TJ Perkins vs Rich Swann- WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Jan 01, '17, 2:37 pm

Okay, fuck it. Lets do this. Here is (in my opinion) the best Wrestlemania card that they could come up with based on where we are right now.

MAIN EVENT
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - A.J. Styles (c) vs Undertaker

Here I am, shamelessly putting the company's best wrestler in the main event like some kind of maniac. Undertaker is definitely going to be at Wrestlemania, and it might be a retirement match. I'm not interested in seeing him face another part-timer. If he's going to have a match I'd rather it be against someone completely fresh. Styles is the best opponent he could be given. They'd be very likely to steal the show. And the Phenom vs the Phenomenal One just has a nice ring to it. I'd like to see Styles win, but if Undertaker's not retiring and they want to give him one last token run, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world by any means.

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH - Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg

This match is essentially made already. There's really no getting around it at this point. I'm not too excited about it because I don't think they can do anything cooler than they did in 90 seconds at Survivor Series. But if they gave them 10 minutes of balls to the wall, no-DQ action, this could still be a blast. Lots of high tempo destruction and then bring it home before it can wear out its welcome.

INTER-BRAND MATCH - John Cena vs Roman Reigns

This would be a pretty major match. This has felt like an inevitable Wrestlemania match for a while now. I could see them planning it for Wrestlemania 34, but it'd be better to just go for it this year. The golden child of the last decade facing the golden child of right now. The fan response to this would be huge. And to cap it all off, they should turn one of them heel at the end of the match. Doesn't even matter which one really. Fans would pop huge for it, and it'd be remembered as a major Wrestlemania moment for years to come.

UNIVERSAL TITLE MATCH - Kevin Owens (c) vs Chris Jericho

I feel like they came across this one completely by accident, but it's been building nicely for a few months and the best place to pay the feud off is at Wrestlemania. Jericho should win the Rumble and turn face on Owens shortly afterwards.

RAW WOMEN'S TITLE MATCH - Charlotte (c) vs Bayley

Pretty easy story here: Bayley ends Charlotte's pay per view win streak and captures the title. It would set things up nicely for the coming year, changing things up with neither Charlotte or Sasha as champion.

SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S TITLE MATCH - Becky Lynch (c) vs Asuka

This is the best match they could put together on the Smackdown side of things. Becky vs Nikki is also a possibility, but giving Nikki a title match isn't the best way to showcase the new era of women's wrestling. These two are both great female wrestlers and could put together a great match.

Seth Rollins vs Triple H

This is one that they've been building towards for months, if not longer. They kind of have to do it now. I'm alright with that too. I think facing Rollins is a good use of Triple H and it should be a good match. But if Triple H goes over, that would be freaking ridiculous.

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH - American Alpha (c) vs The Revival

It's time to move up the Revival. They're too good to still be down in NXT when they've already been two time champions. These two teams have amazing chemistry, so they could have a show-stealing match here.

Randy Orton vs Luke Harper

Orton vs Wyatt might be the more obvious match, but I think this would be a better one. It'd help extend Orton's story with the Wyatts which has potential to go a little longer. This could be a fight for Wyatts approval, with Bray at ringside.

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - The Miz (c) vs Dean Ambrose

This feud has already started, but the midcard is light on Smackdown and these two should both be represented at Wrestlemania. With the personal angle involving Renee Young, this has the legs to go a few months in any case. Seems like a good spot for both guys.

US CHAMPIONSHIP LADDER MATCH - Braun Strowman (c) vs Sami Zayn vs Rusev vs Sheamus vs Cesaro vs Finn Balor

The standard getting people on the card match. Reigns shouldn't have the US title by then. People kinda expect a ladder match at Wrestlemania now. This should be a good way to warm up the crowd.

CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH - Neville (c) vs Austin Aries vs Rich Swann vs TJ Perkins

Four of the biggest cruiserweight talents on the roster putting on a high flying spectacle. This is just a good way to showcase the new division. Hopefully by Wrestlemania 34, they'll be ready to have a personal singles match for the cruiserweight title.

ANDRE THE GIANT BATTLE ROYAL

This should probably just be on the pre-show. Everyone else who doesn't have a spot on the card already gets a spot in this match. I'd let a debuting Samoa Joe get the win in this one.

That's not the show I would have come up with 3 months ago, but the way things are now I reckon that's just about the best show they could give us at this point, and it could be pretty great.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE