It is currently: May 21, '24, 3:04 pm

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 20, '16, 10:16 pm

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: WHAT THE FUCK!?

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 20, '16, 10:38 pm

Dude that was so nuts. Not expecting that at all.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby PorkChop » Nov 20, '16, 10:51 pm

Does anyone think this could be punishment for Lesnar getting caught taking steroids?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby KaiserGlider » Nov 21, '16, 12:29 am

PorkChop wrote:Does anyone think this could be punishment for Lesnar getting caught taking steroids?

That's definitely possible, but at the same time, I feel like if they were that serious about it they would have had Brock lose to Orton at Summerslam.

There's going to potentially be huge discussions and disagreements in the future about whether or not Goldberg was the right guy to end The Streak, but this moment was truly incredible and shocking. It's like Mania 30 all over again; I don't think anybody called this finish. So in a lot of ways this was poetic justice for Lesnar's run. The story of the match was good too - Lesnar didn't take Goldberg seriously. Goldberg capitalized on it and caught Lesnar off guard with the spear. To all the people that wanted Lesnar to get his comeuppance for being a lazy character, this had to have felt pretty damn good.

They can easily take this further too by having a pissed off Lesnar raise hell until he's given a rematch at Wrestlemania where he's focused and kills Goldberg (in hopefully a more competitive match).

It's crazy when I think about the fact that a few months ago I scoffed at the rumors of Goldberg coming back, and now he actually fucking squashed Lesnar. 2016 for ya.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Postby Messiah » Nov 21, '16, 2:23 am

It shouldn't have come to this, but I'm okay with it. Lesnar is going to wrestle at WrestleMania and he's not going to do it against a full-time wrestler. I'd rather it be in a match against Goldberg than Shane McMahon, who fucking sucks.

Like Kaiser said, there is a good story you can make out of this too. A really pissed off Lesnar rips through everyone until he gets his rematch with Goldberg, determined to right the wrong. Besides, after that long ass Survivor Series match, something quick wasn't too bad.

So, it's whatever. Ultimately someone else should have dethroned Lesnar, but it has been going on so long and Lesnar is stale as fuck so I really don't care. At least now I can expect an advancement in his story arc.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Nov 21, '16, 5:43 am

This was stupid, but I kinda loved it.

They always do this shit. Undertaker should have lost the streak to a younger star on the rise, to help get somebody new over. But then they kept having Undertaker beat everyone forever, until it was so fucking boring that I was happy to just see him lose. By Wrestlemania 30, Lesnar was a good enough choice for me to live with.

Then Lesnar started going on a tear destroying everyone. It was great for a year. Then his matches just got boring and repetitive, and he was just making all his opponents look bad. It was okay when it was the likes of Undertaker and John Cena who could take the losses, but it really got old when he was ruining Ambrose's credibility and killing the momentum of the returning Orton. And when he wasn't having short matches, he was just coming to Raw, standing in the ring for 5 minutes doing nothing, and getting paid ridiculous money for it.

Lesnar's big run of massive wins should have been ended by a younger star to help a current era wrestler get more over. But again, I'm so sick of him and his dominance at the moment, that I was happy to see Goldberg beat him. The fact that it was a squash made it that much better. It was cathartic seeing Lesnar destroyed utterly. I was a big WCW fan back in the day anyway, so it was top notch nostalgia seeing a great Goldberg squash again. And it was a great squash match.

Another couple of wins like this for Goldberg and then a Hall of Fame induction at Wrestlemania 33 would make a nice end to his career. I don't know what happens with Lesnar after this, but I don't really care either. I'd guess he probably gets his win back at the Royal Rumble.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 21, '16, 2:44 pm

If I was Goldberg, I would say thanks and retire and call that my last match. In a way, the whole return and Goldberg's role has been scripted perfectly. Short, sweet and intense.

From the full video I saw of the squash, Goldberg was rusty and so it made sense to book it that way. A 15min match would have killed the momentum and fans might have crapped on it. This resulted in a shock ending and it sufficiently met the needs of Goldberg's skills.

Rumours are this could all be setting up Lesnar v Goldberg III at Mania with a build-up at the Rumble but honestly, if you are in Goldberg's shoes and you've fulfilled your dream of being in the ring one time to a) have your son see you perform and b) extinguish the memory of the dour WMXX match then why have one more match which will be longer and it might be rubbish?

He's had his moment, better time than ever to retire.

As for Lesnar, he's good mates with Goldberg so he won't have begrudged him a big, dominant victory. Also, with the negative publicity his failed drugs test maybe had with the company, it might have been a nuanced punishment, maybe.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to WWE