It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:21 am

AJ Styles wants some of HBK at the Rumble

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

AJ Styles wants some of HBK at the Rumble

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 20, '16, 3:16 pm

Somebody made this and AJ seems to like it. He also mentioned this as his dream match in a Sports Illustrated article today.

What's everyone think. This would be one way to sell out the Alamodome in HBK's hometown for the Rumble.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: AJ Styles wants some of HBK at the Rumble

Postby Hanley! » Oct 20, '16, 3:37 pm

The most interesting thing about the photo is that Michaels appears to have been fashioned entirely out of caramel somehow.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Oct 20, '16, 3:37 pm

Nah I think HBK should just stay retired. I've always liked that he's never gone back on his "last match" word.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Oct 20, '16, 3:43 pm

I also like that Michaels hasn't come back to wrestle since his retirement. You have to hang them up at some point, and he made his retirement count and made it mean something. We have enough old dudes coming back these days anyway, I have no problem at all with someone honouring their agreement to step down.

Plus, there's this part of me that worries that it might not live up to the hype. The best in the world right now against the guy many people think is the best ever. Expectations are going to be sky high for a match like that, and with Michaels not having wrestled for 7 years (holy shit that went by fast), you don't know what kind of shape he would be in, or what his body would be able for.

It's a great fantasy match, no doubt about it. But the reality of it might not live up to the fantasy.

That being said, if it was booked, I'd probably get really excited about it and my expectations would go through the roof same as everyone else's.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Messiah » Oct 20, '16, 8:14 pm

Hanley! wrote:That being said, if it was booked, I'd probably get really excited about it and my expectations would go through the roof same as everyone else's.

Yea, I can't even lie. If this match was announced, I'd be excited as hell. Michaels looked in amazing shape last year and Styles is Styles. Plus Michaels would probably be 100% invested in showing up and making it a great rivalry.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 20, '16, 9:58 pm

Everlong wrote:Nah I think HBK should just stay retired. I've always liked that he's never gone back on his "last match" word.

This. I think Michaels would bring some great storytelling/psychology to the match, but Styles would outclass him in workrate too much for this to still sound like a dream match to me. Styles vs a 10-years-younger HBK is a different story.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby PorkChop » Oct 21, '16, 9:22 am

This would be a great match but I don't really have any idea to see Shawn Michaels compete again.

It definitely makes my list of top 10 fantasy wrestling matches for sure. Shawn Michaels vs Daniel Bryan too.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to WWE