It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 7:08 am

Smackdown's challenge to Raw for Survivor Series

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Smackdown's challenge to Raw for Survivor Series

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 12, '16, 5:12 pm

So on SD Daniel Bryan and Shane O'Mac issued a challenge to Raw for 3(!) SD vs Raw traditional Survivor Series tag matches. One featuring male superstars, one featuring the women, and one featuring the tag teams. Are you a fan of this idea? And what should be on said teams. I'm not sure if title holders are ineligible for this or not or if they'll be in their own matches.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Smackdown's challenge to Raw for Survivor Series

Postby Hanley! » Oct 12, '16, 5:50 pm

I don't know how to feel about this. I love traditional Survivor Series matches when done right, and the brand vs brand deal isn't a bad way to set these up. You essentially get thrown together themes, but they at least have something that makes them feel cohesive.

On the other hand, these rosters are too damn thin. Particularly on Smackdown's side. I guess it's a good thing they're doing Goldberg vs Lesnar, because they'll need more than 3 matches on this card. But I'm not sure how many more they can manage if they're putting their top talent in these elimination matches. If you take two guys out of Smackdown's roster for a world title match, their team of best singles performers is going to feature guys like Baron Corbin and Jack Swagger.

Also, you have to imagine that the story here will be that Raw and Smackdown each win a traditional Survivor Series match - one takes the women's match, the other takes the tag team's match - and the series will be decided by the male singles performers later in the night. Right? So here's my question: which of those two early matches does Smackdown win? Their women's roster and tag team roster are both going to look so weak against those of Raw.

I'd guess that they'll let the tag teams win, but it's hard to say. Though I'd love to see American Alpha dominate and eliminate almost everyone on the Raw team. That'd be fantastic.

I am actually looking forward to this, simply because I like the Survivor Series matches. It's a good way to experiment with various combinations of wrestler, and it's a good way to get people over. The matches always feel a little unpredictable at first too, because of the elimination aspect. So all that stuff is great. But ultimately, I think this is going to be another demonstration of just how thin they've made these rosters by splitting the brands.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Oct 12, '16, 6:04 pm

I like the idea, but I think 5 teams on each side is a little excessive. I think three teams making it 6 on 6 would have been good. As for who should be in each match:

Divas:
Raw - Bayley, Charlotte, Dana Brooke, Nia Jax, Sasha Banks vs SD - Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Carmella, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Naomi

Tag:
SD - American Alpha, Vaudevillains, Breezango, Beauty and the Man Beast, Hype Bros vs Enzo and Cass, Cesaro and Sheamus, Shining Stars, the Club, Social Outcasts

Singles:
RAW - Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Brian Kendrick, Rusev, Seth Rollins vs Curt Hawkins, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, John Cena, Randy Orton

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 12, '16, 8:13 pm

They will throw a bunch of random people together in matches that will mean nothing, but the wrestling will be the kind of fast-paced action that I enjoy, so I'm down.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Messiah » Oct 13, '16, 12:36 am

The Legend wrote:Singles:
RAW - Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Brian Kendrick, Rusev, Seth Rollins vs Curt Hawkins, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, John Cena, Randy Orton

Ha.

Wyatt and Harper would probably get thrown in with the SmackDown tag teams.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby The Legend » Oct 13, '16, 5:29 am

Messiah wrote:
The Legend wrote:Singles:

Ha.

Wyatt and Harper would probably get thrown in with the SmackDown tag teams.

Somebody has to get pinned first. I mean really, Survivor Series is the first PPV since Hawkins debut, he'll have some role on the show and this would be a decent place to put him in without overexposing his role.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE