It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:13 am

Sasha vs Charlotte should be the main event of Hell in a Cell

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Sasha vs Charlotte should be the main event of Hell in a Cell

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '16, 4:01 pm

Thoughts?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Sasha vs Charlotte should be the main event of Hell in a Cell

Postby Messiah » Oct 11, '16, 4:18 pm

I would be surprised if it wasn't.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby HFX » Oct 11, '16, 4:31 pm

While Sasha vs Charlotte has been a good feud, though I am getting bored of it, I don't see how Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens isn't the main event. It's the biggest storyline on the flagship show so it should be the main event. Of course SmackDown had Wyatt vs Orton main event instead of the WWE or Intercontinental title matches so what do I know.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '16, 4:38 pm

HFX wrote:While Sasha vs Charlotte has been a good feud, though I am getting bored of it, I don't see how Seth Rollins vs Kevin Owens isn't the main event. It's the biggest storyline on the flagship show so it should be the main event. Of course SmackDown had Wyatt vs Orton main event instead of the WWE or Intercontinental title matches so what do I know.

I feel like the feud is more over than Rollins/Owens though. Rollins isn't very over as a face, because of them forcing the heel run when he came back. Plus he's kept a bunch of his heel mannerisms. Owens has a great act going with Jericho, but all the focus is on those guys and not on the Rollins feud. It just feels like the whole program isn't clicking. Sasha and Charlotte is a bit long in the tooth, but this gimmick is a good way to up the ante and bring something new to the feud.

Plus they've never let the women main event a pay per view so it would be something new and a talking point. Which is an automatic plus. And Sasha is from Boston, so they're sure to get a good response.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Oct 11, '16, 4:45 pm

I would agree if there weren't two other Hell in a Cell matches. Which ever match goes on last is going to have crickets. The gimmick is going to wear thin by the last match and the women aren't going to be able to use the Cell like the guys will. I would rather see them main event a show like the Royal Rumble, or at least be the last singles match before the Rumble match itself. Women don't generally show up in the rumble match and they would be main eventing a big 4 PPV. A PPV with both Raw and Smackdown wrestlers on it.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '16, 4:48 pm

DBSoT wrote:I would agree if there weren't two other Hell in a Cell matches. Which ever match goes on last is going to have crickets. The gimmick is going to wear thin by the last match and the women aren't going to be able to use the Cell like the guys will. I would rather see them main event a show like the Royal Rumble, or at least be the last singles match before the Rumble match itself. Women don't generally show up in the rumble match and they would be main eventing a big 4 PPV. A PPV with both Raw and Smackdown wrestlers on it.

The Rumble match should always be the main event of the Royal Rumble, and the match prior is the toilet break if anything. It holds no value to be put in that spot - it's no more special than the opener or the second match in. Less so, honestly.

And I think the crowd could stay hot for the match. Their rivalry is more over than the other two. Rusev and Reigns isn't a match people are aching to see. And like I said, Sasha is going to be more popular than ever because it's her home town.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '16, 4:56 pm

I think there's a very good chance that it is the main event. They main evented Raw a couple weeks ago and WWE made a big deal of them "breaking barriers" and what not. I could easily see them hyping it up as the first women's PPV main event ever. I can't say they don't deserve it either. Although I shudder for Sasha's health thinking of what she'll try and do in a HIAC main event.

Owens vs Rollins hasn't clicked at all. Owens and Jericho is the focus and has been more entertaining. Rollins and creative are struggling with how to babyface Rollins.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Oct 11, '16, 4:59 pm

Hanley! wrote:
DBSoT wrote:I would agree if there weren't two other Hell in a Cell matches. Which ever match goes on last is going to have crickets. The gimmick is going to wear thin by the last match and the women aren't going to be able to use the Cell like the guys will. I would rather see them main event a show like the Royal Rumble, or at least be the last singles match before the Rumble match itself. Women don't generally show up in the rumble match and they would be main eventing a big 4 PPV. A PPV with both Raw and Smackdown wrestlers on it.

The Rumble match should always be the main event of the Royal Rumble, and the match prior is the toilet break if anything. It holds no value to be put in that spot - it's no more special than the opener or the second match in. Less so, honestly.

And I think the crowd could stay hot for the match. Their rivalry is more over than the other two. Rusev and Reigns isn't a match people are aching to see. And like I said, Sasha is going to be more popular than ever because it's her hometown.
I hope you're right because they both deserve to main event. They did a fantastic job on Raw. I agree that the feud has been better, but fans now a days watch HIAC matches expecting crazy things to happen. Granted outside of Shane at Mania, nothing crazy has really happened in a while. I am just not sure Sasha and Charlotte can go anything innovative to keep the crowd going. Have they ever even been in a No DQ match prior to this?

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '16, 5:05 pm

As a sidenote to this conversation. Is this Sasha vs Charlotte feud going to go forever? I mean who else is there on Raw besides Bayley? You could do Sasha vs Bayley afterwards with Sasha going heel I guess.

Charlotte and Dana Brooke could feud I guess, but Dana isn't exactly over, especially as a potential face. Nia Jax is waiting in the wings. But after that it's Alicia Fox and no one else. There really should have just been one big womens division.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '16, 5:16 pm

It's obvious to everyone with sense that one women's division and one tag division was the right option, but they couldn't see it for some dumb reason. As for what happens after Sasha vs Charlotte, honestly I think they have to go to Sasha vs Nia Jax. It's the obvious place to go next. They'd probably like to keep Nia unstoppable for a while longer, but lets face it: she's not championship material now. She's not likely to be any time soon. And with Sasha vs Bayley the likely match for Wrestlemania, keeping Nia strong can't be their priority.

Though even if this Charlotte feud ends after Hell in a Cell (it probably will), the roster is too small and they're two of the best competitors on it. So get used to seeing this pairing, because it'll be coming back around before you know it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Oct 11, '16, 6:38 pm

I'm torn on this topic. If I had my druthers, Owens vs Rollins would be the main event because those two could easily put on a better and more entertaining HIAC match than Sasha and Charlotte, no matter what Sasha and Charlotte have shown so far or how far the women's division has come.

Now along with that, I'd probably would have been booking this feud differently and would definitely book the match itself differently. They haven't booked this feud well around the two guys in it, there's too much on the outside of it, but they could have easily booked a compelling feud worthy of the main event.

The only reason that I'd lean in reality toward what Steve said is that I think I'll like what happens in the women's match more. They haven't booked the world title feud around the two competitors because that's not their end games. If they had done that and had made me convinced that a conclusive and clean ending was in store for HIAC, I'd be all for it, but because of the Authority and Jericho's roles in this feud I know there will be a hectic and overproduced finish to the match. After all the end game for this feud is to get to a Rollins vs HHH feud and a Jericho vs Owens feud (I'm not sure at this point that this won't be the WM main event).

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 19, '16, 10:16 pm

Foley has confirmed via his Facebook that this match will indeed main event.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 20, '16, 3:47 am

Str8Shooter wrote:As a sidenote to this conversation. Is this Sasha vs Charlotte feud going to go forever? I mean who else is there on Raw besides Bayley? You could do Sasha vs Bayley afterwards with Sasha going heel I guess.

Charlotte and Dana Brooke could feud I guess, but Dana isn't exactly over, especially as a potential face. Nia Jax is waiting in the wings. But after that it's Alicia Fox and no one else. There really should have just been one big womens division.

There's also Summer Rae and Emma(lina). I disagree about there being one division, the Smackdown one is solid as fuck with less performers than Raw, there's no reason the Raw division can't thrive other than the fact they're only interested in pushing two of them, making empty 'history' and patting themselves on the back about it.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Oct 20, '16, 4:33 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:There's also Summer Rae and Emma(lina). I disagree about there being one division, the Smackdown one is solid as fuck with less performers than Raw, there's no reason the Raw division can't thrive other than the fact they're only interested in pushing two of them, making empty 'history' and patting themselves on the back about it.

Disagree completely.

I wouldn't say the Smackdown women's division is "solid as fuck" exactly. It's been competently booked so far, and they're making the best out of a bad situation. But it's not like the women on Smackdown are making for great television. They're not being talked about much, they're rarely one of the better parts of the show.

Of their 6-woman roster (7 once Eva Marie comes back), they only have two women who are particularly good in the ring - Becky and Nattie. And only one of those two is particularly over right now. That's not a good division.

Nikki Bella is a solid hand and Alexa Bliss is a great future prospect, who I think is going to get there eventually, but right now they'd make for a good secondary tier of female performers to fill out the division. But you don't want to rely on them to occupy major spots at almost all times, which will be required of them on Smackdown.

Then you get down to Naomi, who is athletic but has probably never had two good matches in a row, and Carmella and Eva Marie who have good personalities but are essentially useless between the ropes. Lets face it, Becky was pulled from the most recent pay per view and we were left with two bad women's matches. That's not a good sign.

Due to the size of the Smackdown women's division, it also feels like we've watched some of these tag matches a dozen times already. Alexa is Becky's first challenger for the title and yet we have already seen that match at least twice on free television over the last couple of months. And we're only about 3 months into the brand split. This situation is going to get worse rather than better. Things are going to feel more and more repetitive as time goes on.

And lets not forget that this is the year of the WOMEN'S REVOLUTION also. The women's feuds and matches shouldn't just be scraping by right now - decent but forgettable. The entire point of this REVOLUTION is that we're supposed to see the women as equal to the men, and they're supposed to be one of the stronger parts of the show. That's not going to be happening with these two tiny divisions.

At least Raw has managed to make some genuinely big moments with Sasha and Charlotte. I have to give them a little credit there, because the idea of those women main eventing Hell in a Cell does not seem at all ridiculous. Which means we're taking them more seriously than we would have believed possible a couple of years ago.

But in the long term, if the women's division is going to be a success, it needs depth that's at least somewhat comparable to that of the men. Right now if there was just one women's roster, it would be the best the company has ever had. But split in half, we're left with two mediocre divisions and that's pretty disappointing, considering how close we came to something genuinely great.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Oct 20, '16, 4:51 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Foley has confirmed via his Facebook that this match will indeed main event.

Actually it says, it will be "A main event" not THE main event. My guess is this won't go on last, just that they consider each HIAC match a main event.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Oct 20, '16, 6:05 pm

Ugh, I wish they'd give it a rest with the idea of there being multiple main events. It's such bullshit. When none of your audience believes there's more than one main event, no matter how many times you say it, what's the point in continuing the charade? It's like they live in their own universe where they're only really talking to themselves.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to WWE