It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 12:56 am

Paige fails Wellness again, goes on Twitter rant

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Paige fails Wellness again, goes on Twitter rant

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 10, '16, 10:41 am

Paige not happy about it.

Just in case she deletes the tweets.

"Same shit different day. Kids, please don't get prescriptions or doctors notes. Not acceptable."

"Rules apply depending your status"

Safe to say Paige is nearing a bitter end with WWE? Man this relationship with Del Rio and her is nuts, last week he gets stabbed and shit.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Paige fails Wellness again, goes on Twitter rant

Postby Twister » Oct 10, '16, 3:50 pm

Doesn't look good for her at the moment. It seems like she's going off the rails a bit and maybe leaving WWE would be best for her for now. She's still young enough to build herself back up and potentially return in the future.

I can't help but feel her relationship with ADR is some how linked and I don't thing mouthing off in Twitter is very smart of her either.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby Hanley! » Oct 10, '16, 5:14 pm

Just the next step towards Paige being released. It feels like it has been coming for a long time. She's been caught for wellness violations twice in quick succession. She's posting passive aggressive comments about the company. She's pursuing a relationship that the company don't approve of, with a wrestler that was recently released who is also much older than her. She's injury prone. She has a bad reputation and seemingly a bad attitude. It feels like she's had one foot out the door for the last year.

She is still very young though, and if she is released soon, she could very well come back a couple of years down the line and still have a very successful career. It might be a Randy Orton situation where really she just needs to grow up and chill out a bit, and she'll be more stable later in her career.

I know I'm probably horrible, but what we've heard about her relationship with Del Rio has been so weird that I'm half expecting to hear that she's the one who stabbed him, and that's why his story was so odd and had so many holes in it: he was covering for her. Now that's complete speculation and probably isn't true at all, but I almost wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 10, '16, 7:13 pm

Hanley! wrote:I know I'm probably horrible, but what we've heard about her relationship with Del Rio has been so weird that I'm half expecting to hear that she's the one who stabbed him, and that's why his story was so odd and had so many holes in it: he was covering for her. Now that's complete speculation and probably isn't true at all, but I almost wouldn't be surprised at this point.

You're not the only one. After hearing his various version of events and the bizarre nature of it, I thought the same thing. Maybe they had a couple drinks, have a big fight, she grabs something and stabs or slashes him. They cool off, he doesn't want her to get in trouble for it, concocts a crazy story to talk his way out of it. Of course complete speculation though.

I thought it was weird how dead set the company was against their relationship when they allow plenty of other ones. They must have had their reasons and they know these two better than anyone being around them every day.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Twister » Oct 11, '16, 12:38 pm

I've always thought her relationship with Del Rio is well, odd. And her weird fauning over him on social media is even weirder.

Her parents posted statements on their Facebook page basically saying they want her to come home, I think that might be best for her at this point.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Oct 11, '16, 12:53 pm

So what's the skinny on her relationship with Del Rio? I'd heard they were together, but I hadn't heard about the WWE disapproving of it, or there being weird situations surrounding it.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '16, 1:16 pm

Everlong wrote:So what's the skinny on her relationship with Del Rio? I'd heard they were together, but I hadn't heard about the WWE disapproving of it, or there being weird situations surrounding it.

Well the first weird thing is the age gap, him being like 38 or something and her being like 22-23. Second, he was in the middle of a divorce and there were rumours of him cheating with Paige before the marriage was split.

Then there was her fawning over him like a lovestruck teen on social media, and getting a tattoo of his name on her. Couple that with the rumours that WWE purposely wanted to split them in the draft. Then Del Rio asked to be released from WWE, Paige has been MIA since around then with a neck injury that no one knows much about.

I believe there was a situation too in there where they were questioned by police about an altercation in a bar or something but nothing came of it.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Oct 11, '16, 1:21 pm

Everlong wrote:So what's the skinny on her relationship with Del Rio? I'd heard they were together, but I hadn't heard about the WWE disapproving of it, or there being weird situations surrounding it.
Rumor was that WWE specifically made a point to send them to different shows in the draft so that they would end their relationship. I don't know how true that is, but it is not unlike WWE management.

Str8Shooter wrote:I believe there was a situation too in there where they were questioned by police about an altercation in a bar or something but nothing came of it.

This was actually right outside of Raw after the show. It was not a good look for the company. This was more understandable on WWE's part.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '16, 2:03 pm

It's been said that WWE were particularly down on Del Rio and Paige's relationship, but splitting up a couple in the draft is not unusual in itself. They do this all the time, these two weren't even the only couple separated by the brand split. I think Vince actually does it for kicks, because he's a mean old bastard.

The policy seems to be if a couple isn't together on screen, then they shouldn't be together in the back either. Miz & Maryse and Rusev & Lana get a pass, although we know the shit that Rusev & Lana went through before they were married too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '16, 3:08 pm

Does WWE really meddle in relationships as much as people say they do though? I mean Lana and Rusev supposedly Vince didn't like as a pairing, split them on screen. Yet here they are together today with no issues. Look at the draft.

Whichever Uso and Naomi - put on same show
Dean Ambrose and Renee Young - same show
John Cena and Nikki Bella - same show
Rusev and Lana - same show

I just think for them to meddle this much they must see some serious red flags.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Twister » Oct 11, '16, 3:19 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I just think for them to meddle this much they must see some serious red flags.

I agree, it's likely that there have been things going on backstage that the public are unaware of. Maybe they were turning up late for shows together or something. Time will tell I guess?

I wonder if in 10 years time Paige will look back at this stage in her life and think "I was a fucking idiot".

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '16, 3:53 pm

They did split up Carmella and Big Cass too, for no obvious reason. I think there was another couple too, but they're not coming to mind right now. And during the last brand split it happened pretty frequently. John Morrison and Melina are the most memorable example.

They fucked with Rusev and Lana for long enough, but neither of them were over without the other, Lana had zero talent as a wrestler, and their relationship became a semi-big media thing so ultimately I think it was just more convenient to put them back together.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '16, 4:58 pm

Hanley! wrote:They did split up Carmella and Big Cass too, for no obvious reason.

I thought about this one, but I'm not sure I would count it. They were already basically split up with Cass travelling on the main roster and her in NXT. Then they called her to Smackdown which could be for creative reasons with the fledgling division there.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Oct 11, '16, 5:18 pm

Eh, as the least talented wrestler on the roster, Carmella is hardly a huge asset to Smackdown. There would have been more for her to play off on Raw. Even if they wanted to turn her heel, she could have still worked with Enzo and Cass in some capacity to build off their NXT run. Given some of the dumb draft decisions they seemed to make with no thought at all, I doubt Carmella was put on Smackdown for creative reasons.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Oct 11, '16, 6:43 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:Does WWE really meddle in relationships as much as people say they do though? I mean Lana and Rusev supposedly Vince didn't like as a pairing, split them on screen. Yet here they are together today with no issues. Look at the draft.

To be fair the WWE capitalize the hell out of Cena and Bella and Uso and Naomi with their reality TV shows.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 11, '16, 7:08 pm

The Legend wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:Does WWE really meddle in relationships as much as people say they do though? I mean Lana and Rusev supposedly Vince didn't like as a pairing, split them on screen. Yet here they are together today with no issues. Look at the draft.

To be fair the WWE capitalize the hell out of Cena and Bella and Uso and Naomi with their reality TV shows.

All those couples are on either Total Divas or Total Bellas now actually :lol

But Paige was on Total Divas too and Del Rio would presumably have been as well. So I'm not sure that argument works.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Twister » Oct 17, '16, 12:50 pm

Paige proposes to Del Rio:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/paige-proposes-to-alberto-el-patron

He's not even divorced from his wife yet. This whole relationship is strange.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby PorkChop » Oct 17, '16, 2:46 pm

Paige has gone full Annie Wilkes on Del Rio. If he's out with an ankle injury any time soon, you know why.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby DBSoT » Oct 17, '16, 2:59 pm

Twister wrote:Paige proposes to Del Rio:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/paige-proposes-to-alberto-el-patron

He's not even divorced from his wife yet. This whole relationship is strange.
The best part of this is her dad's response to it. He clearly is not a fan of this engagement or possibly Del Rio himself. The post has been deleted, but it was something along the lines of "I am not happy about my daughter's engagement to that man."

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Twister » Oct 17, '16, 3:37 pm

Yes I saw that before it got deleted as well. I think her parents can see she's going off the rails at a rapid rate and feel powerless to stop her. I mean yeah she's an adult but she is clearly going through some stuff right now and it's natural that as her parents they want to try and help.

I feel this is going to end badly for her.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Return to WWE