It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 5:29 pm

Should Bliss take the title from Lynch?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Should Bliss take the title from Lynch?

Postby Messiah » Sep 28, '16, 10:03 pm

Bliss and Lynch have had a solid rivalry so far. Bliss, as many people who saw her on NXT expected, has made for a great heel. Lynch just won the title at Backlash, but I wouldn't mind her dropping it to Bliss at No Mercy. I think the main reason they gave it to Lynch was because it made for a better first SmackDown's Women's Champion, however she isn't someone who needs a long reign. The only problem I could see happening is assuming the Usos win and Miz retains (which I could see happening, although I'd bank on Ziggler), SmackDown would be dominated by heel champions. Not the worst thing in the world but maybe something they should avoid.

Hopefully Bliss wins it one day. She's very good. Also think it would be cool for Asuka to debut down the road and be the one to take the title off of her. And right then just made me think of how good an Asuka/Lynch match would be.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Should Bliss take the title from Lynch?

Postby The Legend » Sep 29, '16, 5:05 am

I like Bliss and think she's done well in this role, but I just don't know if right now is the right time for her to win the title. She could use a little more experience and seasoning in the short term before she breaks through and wins. I'd actually like to see her lose and use that to take it to the next level with how she goes all out brutally doing anything to win before she takes the title off of someone else near Mania time.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Sep 29, '16, 3:37 pm

I don't think anyone should be taking the belt from Becky for a long time. She's Smackdown's best female prospect, and to get the women's division and the new women's belt over, I think she should have a very strong run with that championship. They picked the right person to build the division around, they don't need to start second guessing themselves. Take the best woman on the roster and turn her into a draw. Then worry about who's going to be the person to take her down.

There's also the worry that if you take it off Becky early, you'll hurt her draw power going forward. Becky has been screwed and betrayed too many times in the last year. She needs a period of dominance to really cement in everyone's mind that she is serious fucking business.

I do like Bliss though. Part of me wishes that she hadn't been the one to get the first title shot, because I wouldn't have had any problem with her eventually taking the title. I think she's underrated as a performer - pretty good in the ring, if a little green, but very good as a character. But this feud and match will be nice exposure for her, and hopefully she can build up some momentum in other feuds while Becky cycles through the Smackdown women's division.

I think Becky should keep the belt until Wrestlemania. And the best match they could do there is Becky vs Asuka for the title. I hope that's what they go with.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 29, '16, 5:30 pm

I'd like to see Becky get a long reign. She's clearly the top worker on Smackdown, which has a few pretty green ladies on there who would benefit from working with a champion like Becky. She's the most stable pick right now. Nikki could get the title too I guess but I thought I read she isn't doing house shows yet and her neck could mean she's on borrowed time as a full timer.

Let's be real here, if they really want to spice things up bring up Asuka from NXT. She's done all she can there and it's not even fair to keep her down there now. I wouldn't even have her lose the NXT title, I'd bring her up with it, then have her beat Becky for the SD title and forfeit the NXT one back in NXT. That way she keeps her undefeated record and looks like a beast that Becky has to try and slay.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Return to WWE