It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 2:36 am

What is the Universal Championship match going to be at Wrestlemania?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What is the Universal Championship match going to be at Wrestlemania?

Postby Hanley! » Sep 28, '16, 3:04 pm

One of the things I'm really responding to on Smackdown at the moment is that I feel like I know where things are going, and the direction of the show makes a lot of sense. Swerves are all well and good, but pro-wrestling at its best is often predictable: they make you want something, they make you wait for it, and then they pay it off at a big show.

On the flip side, I have no idea where they're going on Raw at the moment. It seems like Triple H vs Seth is a likely match for Wrestlemania, but are they really going to put Triple H in the title match again? Or will that be an undercard match, and they go with something else as their main event?

I feel like it'll be the latter ... but if so, what match do they build for the Universal Championship?

Are they going to shoehorn Roman Reigns in there again? Maybe do Reigns vs Owens? Will Finn Balor come back at the Royal Rumble and win a shot at the title? Or do they get someone like Lesnar or the Rock to stand in because bringing back famous names is easier than building a conflict that excites people?

Raw seems so messy at the moment, that I'd have a hard time even guessing what we're going to end up with come Wrestlemania. So I'm interested to hear opinions on what you guys think the Universal Championship match will be, and what you would like it to be.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: What is the Universal Championship match going to be at Wrestlemania?

Postby The Legend » Sep 28, '16, 5:10 pm

There's like 6 PPV's before Mania, no way they hold Rollins vs HHH off for that long. I could see a scenario where HHH screws Rollins at the Rumble, which leads to them fighting at the February PPV for a shot at the belt. Rollins wins there and goes in as the challenger.

Universal Championship: Kevin Owens ( c ) vs Rollins
Tag Title: Club ( c ) vs Cass and Enzo
Women's Title: Sasha Banks ( c ) vs Bayley
Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor
Cesaro vs Lesnar

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Sep 28, '16, 5:19 pm

I'm not convinced that Triple H is even going to turn up again until football season is over. Triple H has a way of disappearing when the ratings go low, and showing up again when they're ready to increase.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 28, '16, 5:42 pm

Hanley! wrote:I'm not convinced that Triple H is even going to turn up again until football season is over. Triple H has a way of disappearing when the ratings go low, and showing up again when they're ready to increase.

The Hulk Hogan special!

In all seriousness, I'm not sure I believe this. If he's worried about himself looking badly because of ratings, then wouldn't he suggest to his wife to stay off TV too? She's all over Raw while the ratings plummet.

I think you guys are very optimistic to think Owens still has the belt at Mania. I sadly see this only going one way, Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar for the title at Mania. Who has the title is anyone's guess though. They will force feed this match until Roman wins and gets to conquer Lesnar.

The only other people I could potentially see involved in the title picture at Mania would be Rollins, Owens, and maybe Finn Balor if he's back healthy.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Sep 28, '16, 5:46 pm

If Owens is the Authority's boy, I could see him being in the title match at Wrestlemania. He'll be ranked underneath Triple H and Stephanie in terms of the shows top heels, but it's plausible that if he's acting as their pawn, he could be the champion at Wrestlemania.

Sadly, that is how wrestling appears to work in WWE at the moment.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to WWE