It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 2:50 pm

WWE could be buying out TNA soon

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

WWE could be buying out TNA soon

Postby Messiah » Sep 27, '16, 9:00 am

http://www.cagesideseats.com/tna/2016/9 ... -wrestling

According to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio (subscription required but recommended), the company’s financial picture isn’t as rosy.

Money is still needed to fund Bound for Glory, the pay-per-view (PPV) set to run this Sunday, Oct. 2, and the week of tapings for Impact that are planned to follow. Financing needs to be in place by this upcoming Friday, and while Meltzer confirms Billy Corgan is in the process of buying the company - providing that money and gaining a controlling interest in it - that deal has not gone down, and appears to be weeks away.

Dixie Carter still owns a majority of the company, and could sell to whoever she wants. That’s when Vince McMahon and WWE reportedly re-enter the picture. An offer from the Stamford, Connecticut-based company was previously characterized as a last option if other deals fell apart. Meltzer claims WWE’s offer is back on the table, which would indicate Carter is preparing for the scenario where her other options aren’t viable.

Will be interesting to see what will happen if this happens. With guys like Styles, Joe, Roode, and Aries more than likely lined up to have some nice-sized success in the company (it looks possible that Styles will main event WrestleMania), it makes sense that they would want their library.

I wonder, outside of Matt Hardy, who they would actually keep though.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: WWE could be buying out TNA soon

Postby HFX » Sep 27, '16, 10:00 am

A video library of AJ Styles matches alone should be worth buying TNA for.

As for potential talent maybe The Wolves(Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards) could be brought in to compete in the NXT tag team division. EC3 is a good young talent who really came into his own in TNA and could do well in WWE. DJ Z/Zema Ion could be a good addition to the Cruiserweight division. Maybe Mike Bennett/Maria and Drew Galloway could be of interest as well.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby DBSoT » Sep 27, '16, 10:23 am

Why doesn't TNA just offer a deal to WWE for their video library? Use that money to cover BFG and the next tapings. That should give them enough time to get the Corgan deal done. If WWE were to buy TNA, than the list below is my guess of who stays with WWE.

TNA to WWE:
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
EC3
The Wolves
DJ Z - Cruiserweight
Drew Galloway
Bennett/Maria - Please let this happen.
The Decay - This is an outside shot. I could see Abyss coming in for feud with Kane though.

Guys I wish they would bring back
Aron Rex - Sandow
Cody - Cody Rhodes
Eli Drake - Shaun Ricker
Gail Kim

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Sep 27, '16, 11:04 am

I've been following Meltzer's reports on this and it sounds like the WWE are only interested in the tape library and therefore are not willing to pay as much for the company as the other parties that TNA are currently negotiating with. Which means WWE are only going to buy TNA if the other bidders withdraw or can't make a deal with the company in time.

It sounds like Corgan's company is the front runner right now, as they've already paid for the last couple of sets of tapings and he's been basically running things for the last month. But apparently there is another group who are bidding on the company too.

Part of the complication might be that Dixie still wants a controlling stake in the company, though she's hopefully given up on that pipe dream by now. Another big part of the problem is that TNA is in debt, so whoever buys the company inherits more in debt than the amount that they will have paid for the company in the first place.

WWE isn't necessarily going to end up being the group to buy TNA, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point. They probably wouldn't mind an opportunity to release a Styles DVD next year. And it'd be more content for their Network. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next week.

Apparently it's up in the air right now if Bound For Glory is even going to go ahead. And the show is supposed to be on Sunday. Someone needs to come up with some money fast.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 01, '16, 2:55 pm

According to a new article published by The New York Post today, TNA Bound for Glory will be taking place on Sunday, as an unidentified third party, which is not Billy Corgan or WWE, provided a cash infusion allowing the TNA PPV and next week’s TV tapings to take place. The article featured Corgan commenting on the events, noting, “It’s a go, as far as I’ve been told.”

The report notes TNA spent much of the week negotiating with WWE and Corgan for a cash infusion to pay for “BFG,” sources said, but sources speculated the actual advance came from neither of those two but from an unidentified third party.

WWE and Corgan are expected to resume talks about a change in Impact ownership after the weekend’s broadcast, sources said. WWE had no comment.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/760061- ... V5zmyyc.99

Let the speculation begin.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Oct 01, '16, 3:02 pm

New York Times getting sucked it to the world of kayfabe. "It's me Austin, it's been me all along!"

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 01, '16, 4:00 pm

The rumour floating around about Hogan wanting to buy it would hilarious if he was the "3rd benefactor" :lol

In the end if Corgan wants to buy the company it'll probably end up happening. WWE supposedly just wants the tape library and maybe a few people on the roster, but they don't want to pay anything substantial and will wait til the last second to swoop in if all options fail.

Corgan has some serious work cut out for himself if he wants to bring this company back from the depths.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 01, '16, 5:01 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:The rumour floating around about Hogan wanting to buy it would hilarious if he was the "3rd benefactor" :lol

Could you imagine the reaction to that, holy fuck.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Oct 01, '16, 5:19 pm

Hogan buying the company would be the worst. :lol

You get to the point where you don't think anyone could be worse than Dixie, and then you hear an idea like this.

I really hope that people stop bailing out TNA. It's not that I want the company to go under, it's that I want it to stop treading water. It's been sink or swim time for TNA for the last six months and somehow they're refusing to do either and getting away with it.

The company isn't making money and other groups have been paying for the last several sets of television tapings. Dixie needs to grow the hell up and sell this company. Expecting others to continuously bail her out is ridiculous, and eventually her luck will run out. She should have been able to make a deal by now.

Kirbi was guessing earlier that Panda Energy may have fronted up the cash for Bound For Glory, given it's a special occasion and all that. But man, I really hope that there's an announcement on that show that the company has been sold.

Is this the most anticipated pay per view of all time that nobody actually wants to watch? :lol

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 02, '16, 3:04 pm

The Bound For Glory card looks decent. EC3 and Lashley in the main event, The Hardys vs Decay, Gail KIm vs Maria and the debut of Cody Rhodes. I sorta feel like checking it out just because it could be the last TNA PPV ever and I'd be interested in seeing what they put out in their final hour.

I'm conflicted on TNA going out of business. On one hand, there will be one less creative environment that a lot of wrestlers can use to build characters, and we'll never get things like Final Deletion. On the other hand, I'd watch the fuck out of old TNA stuff when their library goes on the WWE Network.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby The Legend » Oct 02, '16, 3:14 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:The Bound For Glory card looks decent. EC3 and Lashley in the main event, The Hardys vs Decay, Gail KIm vs Maria and the debut of Cody Rhodes. I sorta feel like checking it out just because it could be the last TNA PPV ever and I'd be interested in seeing what they put out in their final hour.

I haven't watched TNA since they moved to Pop TV, so I'm not as up to date as I could be on the program, but EC3 v Lashley doesn't seem like a main event for the biggest show of the year for a company, weren't the Hardys just trying to kill each other? Now they are in the main event? That makes the worst of WWE booking look like a masterpiece.

I will be honest in saying it doesn't all look bad, Aron Rex vs Drew Galloway, Maria vs Gail Kim and Cody Rhodes debut seem appealing, just not overwhelming the flaws I see just from the surface.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Oct 02, '16, 4:02 pm

Every now and then I hear someone say that despite its financial predicament, TNA has actually been really good over the last year and the only thing that's really holding it back is its poor reputation from years gone by.

Then I'll check out some Impact results and find out that Bobby Lashley recently won the X-Division championship, but couldn't be bothered defending it, so the title was vacated and put up for grabs in a random multiple X-division wrestler spot-fest. Then I'll find out that the guy who ended up winning that worthless title that the real stars don't give a shit about cut a promo afterwards about the X-division being the heart and soul of TNA and what sets it apart from other wrestling companies.

And then I'll realise that it's the same old TNA after all.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Return to WWE