It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 7:30 pm

Who's gonna watch Tough Enough?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: Who's gonna watch Tough Enough?

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jun 25, '15, 10:26 am

I don't like the house dramatics and the live elimination.

The need to focus on the in ring and training stuff and then have the judges pick the bottom three with the elimination happening the following week so your not relying on just the live viewers. I would be curious to know how many votes actually came in.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby PorkChop » Jun 25, '15, 10:32 am

Seeing as the last one wasn't a roaring success, I'll give this one a miss. Jericho is a shit choice for a host as well.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 25, '15, 10:39 am

PorkChop wrote:Seeing as the last one wasn't a roaring success, I'll give this one a miss. Jericho is a shit choice for a host as well.

To be fair, in the first episode Jericho barely did anything. He did a few throws to and from commercials but his presence wasn't very big at all.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 25, '15, 10:56 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Did anyone watch Tough Talk? The post show hosted by Miz on the Network. It was wayyyyy better than the actual show. Every participant got to talk so you got to know them better, and it was way looser and the judges and Miz were actually pretty hilarious, especially Miz and Bryan and Miz and Paige. I encourage everyone to catch it.

I went and watched it after reading this and tbh I'd rather they just made Tough Talk a series with rotating guests than continue the Tough Enough series proper. That was really fun. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Locke » Jun 25, '15, 11:17 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
Everlong wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:the first person eliminated is the only one still on the roster.

I can't even believe she actually was the only one out of everyone there to get a roster spot.

At this point I actually feel bad for Melina and Alicia Fox, who get laughed at all the time when people bring this moment up :P

You know, I get why people would laugh at this if a dude said this as most people that consume this product are males, but why does everyone find this comment so funny? She was on Tough Enough to be a female wrestler, a female wrestler in WWE is called a Diva, therefore it's safe to assume she probably liked Divas matches more than regular male Superstars. Her interest was going to be on Divas, with Divas, and nothing else. Given the shape of women's wrestling in general when this show was being made, there was no awesome female wrestlers like Sasha Banks or Charlotte to say she really enjoyed. I guess she could have picked Trish or Chyna or something but again, these girls' purpose was to aim for the current Diva of WWE, all of whom were terrible wrestlers and bottle blonde bimbos for the most part (and Trish, Lita, and Chyna were bodybuilding women which are completely gone at this point when the show was being made). :lol

I feel her answer makes way more sense for her career at that point than if she would have said something like Steve Austin vs HBK or some shit, because nobody on Planet Earth ever thought she was going to have matches of that caliber and I find it rather ridiculous to expect a woman aiming for the role of WWE Diva (at that time) to give two shits about any of it other than the other Divas.

That being said, I'm not really defending her because I think she's kind of a moron, but at least in this particular situation I never really understood Steve's reaction nor that of the fans.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Hanley! » Jun 25, '15, 11:25 am

I think both Austin and the fans would have respected her choice if she had picked one of the great women's matches. If she was someone who liked women's wrestling and wanted to represent women's wrestling, etc.

But she just picked the women's match from like a week beforehand on Raw. It was probably required viewing. It was probably the only match she could name. That's the reason that everyone acted annoyed by her response. Because nobody who had seen even a few wrestling matches would have come up with that answer. It just exposed her as someone who knew absolutely nothing about wrestling.

At least that's how I've always seen it, and I reckon other fans did too. There's always a chance that she's been a huge wrestling fan all her life and just happens to have no taste/be completely off her rocker. But I think it's a lot more likely that she just showed herself to know nothing about the industry she was trying to join on a pretty high level.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 25, '15, 11:30 am

Hanley! wrote:I think both Austin and the fans would have respected her choice if she had picked one of the great women's matches. If she was someone who liked women's wrestling and wanted to represent women's wrestling, etc.

But she just picked the women's match from like a week beforehand on Raw. It was probably required viewing. It was probably the only match she could name. That's the reason that everyone acted annoyed by her response. Because nobody who had seen even a few wrestling matches would have come up with that answer. It just exposed her as someone who knew absolutely nothing about wrestling.

At least that's how I've always seen it, and I reckon other fans did too. There's always a chance that she's been a huge wrestling fan all her life and just happens to have no taste/be completely off her rocker. But I think it's a lot more likely that she just showed herself to know nothing about the industry she was trying to join on a pretty high level.

The fact she did this since hasn't helped the "doesn't know anything about wrestling" angle.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Locke » Jun 25, '15, 11:34 am

Hanley! wrote:I think both Austin and the fans would have respected her choice if she had picked one of the great women's matches. If she was someone who liked women's wrestling and wanted to represent women's wrestling, etc.

I really don't think one would have to be a "wrestling fan their whole lives" to be employed by the WWE. I think at the time the show was made she was like 19 or 20. She probably hadn't seen much wrestling at that point, no, but to be a Diva at that point all you needed was sex appeal and she had plenty of that -before- they made her speak. :lol

Besides, people practically worshiped Alicia Fox and Melina (at least online) at the time that show aired so I never really got anything out of Steve's response other than he was disrespecting female wrestling in general. "Who?" in response to those two divas when they were like.. half the divas roster.. seemed pretty bad to me.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 25, '15, 11:40 am

Locke wrote:I really don't think one would have to be a "wrestling fan their whole lives" to be employed by the WWE. I think at the time the show was made she was like 19 or 20. She probably hadn't seen much wrestling at that point, no, but to be a Diva at that point all you needed was sex appeal and she had plenty of that -before- they made her speak. :lol

Besides, people practically worshiped Alicia Fox and Melina at the time that show aired so I never really got anything out of Steve's response other than he was disrespecting female wrestling in general. "Who?" in response to those two divas when they were like.. half the divas roster.. seemed pretty bad to me.

I definitely don't agree that passion for wrestling isn't massively important and I wouldn't take the idea that Divas needed nothing but sex appeal as any excuse to the fact that she obviously had no passion for wrestling. I would dispute the idea of her being all that attractive, though, certainly not enough to warrant taking up my TV time when it is all she offers. Her face irritates me, as assholish as that probably sounds. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby The Legend » Jun 25, '15, 12:01 pm

Yeah, if she had an ounce of knowledge about the business she apparently had a passion for entering then she could have mentioned any of the Trish/Lita matches from the past and everyone could have respected her answer.

I'm not totally blaming her, because WWE chose to go to modeling agencies and open calls to find attractive models instead of women who wanted to be wrestlers for this show. This moment as much as making fun of Cameron is also about making fun of the most obvious example of what Vince thinks of women's wrestling.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Locke » Jun 25, '15, 12:03 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
Locke wrote:I really don't think one would have to be a "wrestling fan their whole lives" to be employed by the WWE. I think at the time the show was made she was like 19 or 20. She probably hadn't seen much wrestling at that point, no, but to be a Diva at that point all you needed was sex appeal and she had plenty of that -before- they made her speak. :lol

Besides, people practically worshiped Alicia Fox and Melina at the time that show aired so I never really got anything out of Steve's response other than he was disrespecting female wrestling in general. "Who?" in response to those two divas when they were like.. half the divas roster.. seemed pretty bad to me.

I definitely don't agree that passion for wrestling isn't massively important and I wouldn't take the idea that Divas needed nothing but sex appeal as any excuse to the fact that she obviously had no passion for wrestling. I would dispute the idea of her being all that attractive, though, certainly not enough to warrant taking up my TV time when it is all she offers. Her face irritates me, as assholish as that probably sounds. :lol

I'm talking about back in 2011, mind you. Divas were a lot different back then. At the time Tough Enough aired and was being made, that's all they seemed to be hiring divas for.. sex appeal, and not passion for the business.

If this happened now, I would find that answer she gave a lot more outlandish. The NXT Divas, plus Paige and AJ, have been awesome and it's refreshing to see the landscape of Divas wrestling changing. HOWEVER, back then, it comes as no surprise to me that Cameron was hired and the only one left standing out of that whole group. And I still think Steve shits on women's wrestling in that clip, but I honestly can't blame him because it was atrocious then.

I don't want people to misunderstand me, I don't like Cameron nor many other divas from that "era" and before it a short period. However, -at that time-, Cameron fit the Diva bill to a T and her answer doesn't seem that far off of what was actually expected of her (obviously, she has a job while no one else from that show does).

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby JPG619 » Jun 25, '15, 1:38 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
JPG619 wrote:
Racing Guy wrote:I'd like to know how ZZ made the final 13.

Not sure I think they needed some humor to the contest so they had him on the show. To bad we don't get it here in Canada. I think the WWE network most likely show it when the season is over

WWE streams it to the other countries on their youtube channel. I watched it Live on there.

Awesome dude thanks man. What time do they show it on Youtube

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Viazon » Jun 25, '15, 2:12 pm

You know, I have never actually watched a Tough Enough. Now that I have the Network I might check it out.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby UTK » Jun 28, '15, 11:41 am

I'll watch Tough Enough when this guy gets on:

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to WWE