It is currently: Jun 05, '24, 4:07 pm

Do You Have The WWE Network?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Do You Have The WWE Network?

Yes
81%
No
19%
Thinking About It
No votes
Canceled It
No votes

Total votes : 16

Re: Do You Have The WWE Network?

Postby The Legend » Feb 18, '15, 5:26 am

Everlong wrote:I'd be a lot more likely to purchase the network right now if they also broadcast all RAWs and Smackdowns live. I don't have cable, so that'd be a big factor for me.

Problem is there's no way their agreements with NBC Universal (or whoever the next partner may be) would ever allow that. It'd be cutting the broadcast partner out at the knees.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby SortaCreative » Feb 18, '15, 8:36 am

The Legend wrote:
Everlong wrote:I'd be a lot more likely to purchase the network right now if they also broadcast all RAWs and Smackdowns live. I don't have cable, so that'd be a big factor for me.

Problem is there's no way their agreements with NBC Universal (or whoever the next partner may be) would ever allow that. It'd be cutting the broadcast partner out at the knees.

They also have a deal with Hulu over there don't they?

Once that ends we might be able to see replays showing up quicker on the Network.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Feb 18, '15, 8:58 am

SortaCreative wrote:
The Legend wrote:

Once that ends we might be able to see replays showing up quicker on the Network.

I think it's mostly the TV affiliate. I don't think they would want a person to be able to watch it a week later or something, because that hurts the TV model's business. They are fighting like hell to minimize the impact of a la carte services like Netflix, WWE Network and all the other ones to keep as many people as possible subscribed to cable.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SortaCreative » Feb 18, '15, 9:01 am

The Legend wrote:
SortaCreative wrote:
The Legend wrote:

I think it's mostly the TV affiliate. I don't think they would want a person to be able to watch it a week later or something, because that hurts the TV model's business. They are fighting like hell to minimize the impact of a la carte services like Netflix, WWE Network and all the other ones to keep as many people as possible subscribed to cable.

Aye. It's only a matter of time until that relationship shifts though. Maybe not with the WWE Network alone but with the on demand services, we'll eventually get to a point where those will be the first point of entertainment.

Really News (in decline now) and live sporting events keep traditional television alive.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Feb 18, '15, 9:16 am

^^^ Yeah, but I really don't see that as a good thing. I mean we are getting to a point where we are becoming so streamlined and efficient as a society that we are cutting jobs left and right just to make things cheaper and more efficient. It's best for everyone if we can find a balance where both can co-exist. And I'm not just talking about the television industry.

World Champion
World Champion

Previous

Return to WWE